• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL Ocoee Police Investigate Double Shooting, Victim Won't Face Charges

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.wesh.com/print/22850526/detail.html

OCOEE, Fla. -- [/b]Investigators with the Ocoee Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff's Office are looking into a shooting that happened early Tuesday morning at a home along Pomegranate Circle in Ocoee.Police investigators said that around midnight the homeowner pulled into his driveway and two men armed with at least one gun were waiting for him. Ocoee police said the men were there to rob the homeowner.

"When he was coming around the back of his vehicle he was pistol-whipped," Sgt. Mike Bryant said.After taking a hit to his head in the driveway, the homeowner pulled out a gun and fired at the men who attacked him."When he came out of his car he had his gun ready and he was able to defend himself. He does have a concealed weapons permit," Bryant said.According to the report, he fired three shots at the two men and they fired back. One man was hit and died on the way to the hospital. The other man took off running.The victim's wife ran out and found her husband wounded. She called 911 and paramedics rushed him to Orlando Regional Medical Center. He's expected to be OK."It looks as if he was attacked and he defended himself and in this particular case it looks like the good guy won," Bryant said.The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.The victim owns an auto body shop in the Mercy Drive, Old Winter Garden area. He won't face any charges.The shootout on woke neighbors throughout the neighborhood."I was sleeping and a little disoriented and my 12-year-old daughter came in to our room. She said she heard shots fired," neighbor John Hamaric said.Hamaric lives across the street from where the shootout happened. He talked to WESH 2 about how the shooting scared his daughter."She stayed in our room after that. She was absolutely frightened," he said.

45acpForMe

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
http://www.wesh.com/print/22850526/detail.html

..... The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.

Why the he11 did they need to search their home? The attack took place in their driveway. I am not approving of someone searching my house, especially when I was the one attacked!!!

Yard Sale

imported post

The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.

Yay for the wimmin!

Um, particularly where and what was to be searched for and seized? The report doesn't say, for example,the attackers fled into the home and discarded their weapons in the kitchen.

Old Grump

imported post

Fishing expedition, they were hoping to find illegal drugs as a motive for the robbery. The wife and daughter exercising their legal right to not say anything was all the excuse they needed to get a warrant.

I wouldn't want them searching my house either and I have nothing illegal that I am aware of...does taking a tag off a mattress count? It is my mattress and it isn't for sale but who knows.