• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ

rmansu2

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/39940.html

Guys,

We probably just won the most significant case involving gun rights in the last 200 years, have seen unprecedented advancement of gun rights over the last several decades against a concerted effort by anti-gun forces, and have been successful in starting the process of normalizing carry and making gun rights a non-partisan civil rights issue.

We are winning in the legislatures, the judiciary and the courts of public opinion. It is a time of great joy for those of us who believe in civil rights! The struggles continue and will always do so but we should move forward happily knowing that we ARE making a difference!

And yet still there are those who would see the cup as half empty and draining.

I spend HOURS that I do not have every day dealing with the rantings of a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken and cannot be fixed or who espouse secession or any number of other fringe issues.

These topics are NOT welcome here!!! The Republic is strong, the Constitution is sound and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow.

There are other forums for fringe issues but they are not here and you are taking time away from actual progress!

Thanks.

John

imported post

In Louisiana, we don't need to "win in the legislatures," as we already have a right to bear arms, guaranteed in the state constitution.

The only "win" we need in the judiciary would be in the area of civil suits against the number one enemy of OC: the PO-leece. Convictions in CRIMINAL courts against them would be icing on the cake, but the judiciary rarely sees such a case.
"Courts of public opinion?" LOL, forget them.

I see the cup as MORE than half full and FILLING, full steam ahead.

"..........a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken........."
LOL, not sure if ole John realizes he just described the founders of this country ! Truth is, the founders were RIGHT, it WAS "irretrievably broken."

No, the Republic is NOT strong, or so many states would not be entertaining secession nor would 4 states have already passed legislation known as the free firearms act, would they?
The constitution is sound? Either John is delusional or in denial.

If it's "actual progress" that is needed, then ORGANIZE the OC movement nationally and quit playing to the media.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, the Republic is NOT strong, or so many states would not be entertaining secession nor would 4 states have already passed legislation known as the free firearms act, would they?
The constitution is sound? Either John is delusional or in denial.

If it's "actual progress" that is needed, then ORGANIZE the OC movement nationally and quit playing to the media.
No states are seriously entertaining secession - only a few radicals within - and promotion of such is in direct violation of OCDO rules.

Insulting people only reflects the standards of the poster.

Are you going to organize your own movement ("actual progress") or are you just playing with the forum? We cease to take seriously those that just complain, find fault and rant.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Please re-read your PM, it still applies
Do you mean the one where you so aptly defined your thought process and command of the language?

Considered it an honor - printed same and hung it over my screen. Anybody that would like a forward of it just PM me.

Yata hey

georg jetson

imported post

I agree with most of what Jpierce is saying with some exceptions...

I share the concerns of this poster... http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum26/38444.html

Some of our perceived success may only be just that... perceived...

It is true that we are FINALLY pushing back, but we MUST keep pushing tomaintain momentum. We do that by operating inside the framework of the established republic of course.

Whether or not the Republic is strong is debatable in light of the fact that a large segment of the citizenry is unfamiliar with the term “republic”. The strength of the republic comes form the ability of the citizens to recognize and master the powerindividually retainedfrom this form of government. We have a long way to go from an education standpoint, but one thing seems apparent… we still have the tools to prevail.

LA Confederate

imported post

I gotta agree with georg and Mark on this one. To address secession, states or representatives therein are actively considering it as one course of action (a lofty and noble goal but ill advised in the current state of matters.) This is evidenced by the massive amount of legislation nationwide for nullificaiton of forthcoming bills such as health care, etc. Nullificaiton is one giant step towards state's rights and defacto secession, a move that I am wholeheartedly behind. Remember that the first so-called "civil war" was fought over the very same subject.

Nevertheless, the ballot and soap boxes are not completely broken (yet) and until they are we must continue to use them as much as possible before we resort to the final box. The current state of the nation and the blatant all-out attack on Constitutional principles is a sign that the republic is not as strong as some would have us believe, however there are several movements afoot to ensure that those principles never die and are vehemently defended from all enemies foreign and domestic.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This site is about OC and directly related topics.

I see us as going off course in exactly the way we were admonished not to do by John. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/39940.html

We would seem to be ignoring or at least not honoring that position statement by this very thread.

"I spend HOURS that I do not have every day dealing with the rantings of a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken and cannot be fixed or who espouse secession or any number of other fringe issues.

These topics are NOT welcome here!!! The Republic is strong, the Constitution is sound and we should be happy today while planning for an even better tomorrow.

There are other forums for fringe issues but they are not here and you are taking time away from actual progress!
Yata hey

LA Confederate

imported post

I would disagree in that OC, and our rights as guaranteed under the 2nd Amendment, are just as pertinent to the topic of secession and current events. It is the position of this administration that firearms are in the cross hairs and as I said before, secession is one of the methods of nullification of an encroachment of liberty.

Nevertheless, secession specifically at this point is a foolish venture for more reasons than should be discussed. I do agree that the discussion of OC-specific topics should be the central focus of discussion here.

georg jetson

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
This site is about OC and directly related topics.

I see us as going off course in exactly the way we were admonished not to do by John. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/39940.html

We would seem to be ignoring or at least not honoring that position statement by this very thread.

"I spend HOURS that I do not have every day dealing with the rantings of a few extremists who believe that the system is irretrievably broken and cannot be fixed or who espouse secession or any number of other fringe issues.

Yata hey
We're not going off course in this case. John claims the Republic is strong... John brought this up... he is most likely mistaken...

It is directly relevant to OCing to discuss how to strengthen the Republic because OCing is, for now, protected by the Republic. I believe John's intent was to remove, from the table, options outside the framework of the Constitution. I agree with him. However, we cannot bury our heads in the sand. It is the strength of the Republic itself that will prevent alternatives and when weaknesses manifest themselves, we should address them correctly.