Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belle Meade Open Carry-Kwikrnu Drama

Post imported post

Kwikrnu, Damn Man I could not get the former Article to Post any more Posts, I guess you are pretty popular.

Listen, I am on your side.

Everything that everyone else is giving you about this incident in Belle Meadeis all subjunctive speculation.

Open Carry, in the Hand, in The City of Belle Meade, was Legal when you did so.

Furthermore, that used to be Tennessee State Law, before the Permit system, unless; everyone else who lives in Tennessee has since forgotten .

You need to listen to a few People, like Grapeshot, who makes Valid points almost all of the time on any Article He posts, but do not let anyone else give you a hard time about this.

Please continue to educate the Public by Unloaded Open Carry in your area, and do not let the Local Police push you into a corner about your Permit having been Revoked. I relate to your Case, as my Georgia Firearms License is Revoked, for almost a similiar reason, Police misinformation and 'scare tactics'.

'They' (Belle Meade) will hold that Damn Permit over your head so as long as Permits continue to be a nessecity to Open Carry in Tennessee. Atleast you have the option to Unloaded Open Carry, becuase; in Georgia we do not even have that.

Maybe Tennessee will one day become a true 'Open Carry' State, like Kentucky or Alabama, however; until then, I encourage you to fight this to get your Property (Handgun Permit) back. They did not 'Revoke' your Permit, it wasStolen from you!

I am on your side, and by the way, I watched the You-Tube vidoes, on this Police Action, you did not do anything wrong. I guarantee you the reason your Permit was 'Revoked' is because The Belle Meade Police thought that you ws trying to set them up for a Federal Lawsuit.

You did not set them up to anything, as far as I am concerned, they set themselves up for a Federal Lawsuit themselves.

Post imported post

Kwik just wants to be left alone. Sure he does. That's why he went out of his way to call attention to himself and provoke the bullyboys.

For god's sake don't let this jerk get away with presenting himself as a martyr. He got what he was looking for -- noticed.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    Kwik just wants to be left alone. Sure he does. That's why he went out of his way to call attention to himself and provoke the bullyboys.

For god's sake don't let this jerk get away with presenting himself as a martyr. He got what he was looking for -- noticed.
    If Kwik just wanted to be left alone to enjoy his life in peace and tranquility. he would not be posting his exploits so voluminously here.

He has been asked repeatedly in detail what his agenda/motivation is, but has yet to respond directly to those questions. Unfortunately that costs him credibility.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I have been following this and would like to make a point.

Regardless of your feelings about Kwikrnu's actions, he was legal to do what he did.

It would seem that the point was that he wanted to highlight the ridiculous hodgepodge of laws and local regulations that effect all of us gun owners.

He took the first shot across their bow over all of our gun rights.

Now, they are punishing him.

They are also reading this forum. When they see us chastising him for being too flamboyant, it merely strengthens their resolve that they are right with their laws.

Instead of publicly flogging Kwikrnu for his actions, we should be contacting anyone that will listen about these unconstitutional laws and regulations.

If we do not, they will attempt to add more regulations in order to stop the next Kwikrnu or even YOU when you want to just enjoy a day in the park with your OC firearm of choice.

I live in KY, so my opinion doesn't mean much to TN lawmakers, but those of you in TN should be speaking out.

Post imported post

[r]scottie is Right, in more than one sense of the word.

In Kentucky, the Gun Laws are so laid back this would never of happened there.

In Tennessee, for God knows what reason other than Jim Crow, this Preemption, but then, Local Option (i.e. such as Parks, Public Buildings, Public Meetings, before 1986-mess, etc.) is, and has for kwikrnu, cased a nightmare forus all.

It makes no sense to have a Preemption Law, then, to turn around, and have an opt-out clause that nulls Preemption.

Is it just me, or does that defeat the point of Preemption?

In order to help facilitate my argument, I want to use a clear and coincise train of thought to make the following statement, based on my points and single question, that I beforehand mentioned:

*I believe, that every State Preemption Law should, and rightfully should, cast a one-size-fits-all blanket over anything and everything having to do with Firearms in that State.*

Post imported post

scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid.

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid
    And you are right back to where I was making a point. The fact that you feel that it was stupid is not the point.

The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense.

The focus should be the bad laws and not the emotional response to the type of weapon Kwikrnu carried.

What he has done has got public discussion going on a very serious issue, and that is EVERYONES gun rights.

Now, I would be willing to bet that many people did not know that they could not carry a firearm except under the extremely limited way that Kwikrnu did. He did it legally and the only way he could carry a firearm.

Please look at this without the emotional response.

Kwikrnu has got the ball rolling down there, now the rest of y'all in TN need to stop slamming him and push to get those stupid laws changed.

You don't have to agree with the methods of Kwikrnu to recognize that, I hope.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

rscottie wrote:
    snip......
    Kwikrnu has got the ball rolling down there, now the rest of y'all in TN need to stop slamming him and push to get those stupid laws changed.
    Oh I think the laws likely will be changed, but you may not like what you get. :?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I find it difficult to credit that interpretation of the ordinance. It just seems too bizarre. Any lawyers out there?

I mean, who ever walked around with his sidearm in his hand in the ordinary, routine course of business?

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    rscottie wrote:
    snip......
    Oh I think the laws likely will be changed, but you may not like what you get. :?

Yata hey
    Exactly, that is why everyone else needs to speak up and get those laws changed for the better because something will happen with the laws because of this.

Wouldn't it be nice if they were changed to our liking?

Banned

Post imported post

Scottie,

Are you and Leotard related? No one here is arguing the fact that he didn't break any laws. I think that has been said at least a half a dozen times. By no means did this idiot get anything "rolling" down here, other than raised brows and the quick revocation of his carry permit. The state gives out permits like a fat kid gets hit with a dodge ball, yet he had his revoked. He can sit here and blame Law Enforcement all he wants but the truth/fact is he brought all this negative attention to himself.

"The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense." You are apparently not from Tennessee so I will cut you a little slack on this. Belle Meade is a very small town that comes with a very small crime rate. With it (the city) also comes people with more money than they know what to do with. In other words about the only crime one has to worry about in that city is neighbors blowing leaves on each others property, there just isn't any. What Leotard did was find a jurisdiction that he wanted to test the "waters" with and it has come to bite him in the a$$. He doesn't even live in Belle Meade, so he could have just as easily took a jog in his own neighborhood. However that wouldn't have given him the attention he so desired.

He is hurting permit holders in this state more than he is helping. Belle Meade sent a letter of recommendation to the state because his actions were dangerous. The state made the decision to revoke it, not Belle Meade. The guy is a nut, bottom line.

Hopefully the administrators will lock this thread too, this guy and his rants need to die off.

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid.
    and that is exactly the same attitude the anti-gunners take with everyone one of us--"just because we have the right to keep and bear arms does not mean we should"...outstanding.

he was legal.

He broke no laws.

What about those points do a lot of you have a problem with?

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    and that is exactly the same attitude the anti-gunners take with everyone one of us--"just because we have the right to keep and bear arms does not mean we should"...outstanding.

he was legal.

He broke no laws.

What about those points do a lot of you have a problem with?
    This is key, and the only thing that needs to be realized and stated.

The vast majority of whiners here don't realize that no matter how they try to spin this to look detrimental they are doing the following in spades:

--SUPPORTING antis by using their SAME arguments to incriminate kwiks lawful activities.

--Providing evidence that carrying to the letter of the law is simply not "good enough", and "common sense" (the whims of the hoplophobic or naive) should dictate the reality of our laws.

--Stating that being detained for lawful carry is acceptable.

--Supporting the revocation of Kwiks permit despite never being able to arrest him for violating no laws or potential public violence. He was released on all counts, handed his firearm, and told to have a nice day I am sure.

You people are comical. So long as someone does not carry in the manner you deem to be acceptable (your way), you will not support them. Some of you could use about 10 tons of education on a single word. Equality.

We'll do this the way it was done before. Every derogatory comment that is in contention with pursuit of equality in self-defense rights should be emailed to the Brady Foundation immediately, to help them with their fight. I see several posts already that would definitely fit that bill.

We're all going to disagree with each other on a number of things, and certainly the issue of support and common pursuit of our Constitutional Rights has been a topic on this forum lately.

For those stating he deserves what he gets, and you hope he never gets his permit back-

May you walk into Starbucks wearing a subcompact, and be hauled off in a loony suit for the same acts of travesty you are trying to pin to kwik.

Like I said, you people are comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

Post imported post

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5584

I have been pulled over 2x in Belle Meade while carrying my grandfather still lives there, one officer and I had a lengthy discussion about how he liked my choice in sidearm, While technically they had weird laws on the books they were not in my experience attempting to enforce them. I understand that kwik was legal and I support his right to carry but now it looks like some of us local gun owners are going to have to go try and talk sense into the City Counsel before they pass an unconstitutional law and violate state preemption. They are now targeting HCP holders specifically.

Post imported post

Spanky wrote:
    Scottie,

Are you and Leotard related? No one here is arguing the fact that he didn't break any laws. I think that has been said at least a half a dozen times. By no means did this idiot get anything "rolling" down here, other than raised brows and the quick revocation of his carry permit. The state gives out permits like a fat kid gets hit with a dodge ball, yet he had his revoked. He can sit here and blame Law Enforcement all he wants but the truth/fact is he brought all this negative attention to himself.

?Not sure why you ask, but no.

"The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense." You are apparently not from Tennessee so I will cut you a little slack on this. Belle Meade is a very small town that comes with a very small crime rate. With it (the city) also comes people with more money than they know what to do with. In other words about the only crime one has to worry about in that city is neighbors blowing leaves on each others property, there just isn't any. What Leotard did was find a jurisdiction that he wanted to test the "waters" with and it has come to bite him in the a$$. He doesn't even live in Belle Meade, so he could have just as easily took a jog in his own neighborhood. However that wouldn't have given him the attention he so desired.

Crime NEVER happens in Belle Meade? So, people are afforded less rights in Belle Meade than other parts of the state? Not sure what point you are making.

He is hurting permit holders in this state more than he is helping. Belle Meade sent a letter of recommendation to the state because his actions were dangerous. The state made the decision to revoke it, not Belle Meade. The guy is a nut, bottom line.

Dangerous? How so? He was carrying a firearm legally for self protection. You sound like the anti-gun crowd with statements like that.
    Permit holders? Permits are for privileges granted by the King, er, government. Rights are God Given.

Hopefully the administrators will lock this thread too, this guy and his rants need to die off.

Sounds like you do not want people to we awakened to the fact that their rights are being trampled upon by unjust laws in towns such as Belle Meade and probably others.
    Had to put some comments up there in red.

Anyway, I guess some on here cannot read what I wrote. I was not making this a case for or against Kwikrnu. I was making the case that the law against Open Carry in Belle Meade is wrong and the fact that Kwikrnu pointed that out, albeit in a very flamboyant way, it needed to be done. What is the old saying, "Don't shoot the messenger?"

Instead of attacking me, and Kwikrnu to for that matter, for pointing this out, you should be trying to get these bad laws changed.

Post imported post

Kwik isn't doing our cause any favors with the Joe and Jane Sixpacks out there.

Carrying a pistol while walking? And he wonders why he was stopped? And his permit suspended?

HELLLOOO!

I don't care if it's not against the law. Some here seem adamant about supporting a walking, talking liability to our cause.

Walking around with a pistol in your hand isn't good common sense. It makes gun owners look kookish.

Frankly, I'm glad his permit's been suspended.

Maybe it will put his antics on hiatus for a while.

John

Banned

Post imported post

Here,

Some reading you folks might want to partake in...

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

cannibalism sure is rampant nowadays.

Post imported post

Spanky wrote:
    Here,

Some reading you folks might want to partake in...
    LOL. Clearly a case of not even remotely knowing what you are talking about.

So Spanky...

Ever Read "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine? Do you even know what its about?

I don't think you do.

I could crap my pants in laughter right now. :celebrate

Here is an excerpt to help you out, that I swiped:

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not YET sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favour; a long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it a superficial appearance of being RIGHT, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason. As a long and violent abuse of power, is generally the Means of calling the right of it in question (and in Matters too which might never have been thought of, had not the Sufferers been aggravated into the inquiry) and as the King of England hath undertaken in his OWN RIGHT, to support the Parliament in what he calls THEIRS, and as the good people of this country are grievously oppressed by the combination, they have an undoubted privilege to inquire into the pretensions of both, and equally to reject the usurpation of either." - Thomas Paine | Common Sense

Not thinking a thing wrong? Like gun control right?

Long habit of not applying ourselves to the thoughts of particular actions, make us want to "defend them"? You mean like false representation of the US Citizens at the highest levels of government being a "norm" that we have learned to fear and/or accept, simply by virtue of extended presence?

Wow....thats crazy....
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Banned

Post imported post

Slow,

You missed the point, it's not about the author or that book, it's about the TITLE common sense and the lack of on Leotard's part.

Nice attempt though!

However, it is quite commical you actually took the time to look up that particular book and post a brief summary. You and Leo should start a wolf pack.

Post imported post

What Kwik has done is misinterpret state statute and also a city ordinance into thinking that, even with a TN handgun carry permit, he must carry his LOADEDhandgun in Belle Meade openly in the hand. That is furthest from the truth. I live in Tennessee and that is total garbage. That is an old state law that is no longer on the books.

Who did Kwik get his interpretation from that the only way to LEGALLY carry a handgun WITH a handgun carry permit in Belle Meade town limits is loaded in the hand in the open?

Is KWIK an attorney licensed in Tennesse?

Did KWIK get legal counsel from an attorney licensed in Tennessee before pulling this stunt?

I'm going to bet that NO is the answer to all three questions. I have lived in a town with such a same funny ordinance in West TN. TN is not like Illinois where you cannot have a handgun in Chicago. You may carry your handgun, with a permit, in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Brentwood, Franklin, Germantown, etc. Now...where ordinances do come in is parks and municpal type property. Towns do not have to post parks'properly' if they had a town ordinance forbidding firearms on the books before 1986. Those ordinances are legal as long as not modified after 1986....after that they are null and void and state law takes precedence.Brentwood, for example, cannot prohibit carrying ofhandguns, with a permit, in the whole city with some old city ordinance...go ask aTN attorney if you are in doubt.Or you can believe some guy who getshis permit suspended (it takes a lot to get a permit here suspended for being dumb...b/c it is 'shall issue' )fordoing something REAL DUMB in public and puts others in danger...it is your choice.

Post imported post

Spanky wrote:
    Slow,

You missed the point, it's not about the author or that book, it's about the TITLE common sense and the lack of on Leotard's part.

Nice attempt though!

However, it is quite commical you actually took the time to look up that particular book and post a brief summary. You and Leo should start a wolf pack.
    If you had read any portion of the book, you would realize it is far more in line with Leonards rights, than with your whining discomfort of other peoples strict adherence to law.

Cry about it Spanky. Whine about it profusely. Then when "the man" comes for your firearms with no legal basis for doing so, I will sit back and laugh.

Too stupid to realize exactly what the term "equality means". That's a shame.

Razor, he has stated repeatedly that he sought legal counsel. If it is true, then I am sure he is far more filled in to the specifics of his situation than you are. it is laughably ignorant to state that he was a "danger to society" when he never could even be remotely arrested for ANYTHING, and was in full compliance of all laws.

I am going to start emailing the Brady Foundation all of the posts that are in blatant support of their ideologies. I didn't last time, I merely used it as a point to get you people to realize how stupid and fear laden some of your statements were.

This time I'll go ahead and give them some intellectual, abstract thinking to back up the statements made here.

This should keep you guys occupied.

Post imported post

cannibalism sure is rampant nowadays.
    Well, see, that's the problem with Kwiks antics. I AIN'T ONE OF HIM and, unlike him, I am a responsible, safe,gun owner and am offended by being put on the same planet as him. When I am legally and peacable carrying I don't want some cop saying "Hey, there goes some gun wierdo like that guy in Michigan." I don't want my town thinking "We need to prohibit open carring before we end up with anut like Belle Meade has."

Post imported post

Anthony_I_Am wrote:
    ...When I am legally and peacable carrying I don't want some cop saying "Hey, there goes some gun wierdo like that guy in Michigan." I don't want my town thinking "We need to prohibit open carring before we end up with anut like Belle Meade has."
    Some people already think that. What part of this do you not understand?

The guy New Mexico who carried into a movie theater?
    Yeah. Irresponsible. Gun Flasher. Created needless hysteria.

Ed Peruta? He doesn't need a CCW, and the Sheriffs Department is absolutely right in being able to indiscriminately deny permit issuance.

Theseus? Guns and schools? What WAS he thinking? Yeah right,...he "didn't know" that school was there,...right?

People don't need to carry guns around Anthony,...didn't you see the officers in Lakewood? They had ninja-pro super FBI laced awesomeness and .454 Casull sidearms with radar detectors.
    Civilians don't need firearms, especially AK47 semi-automatic assault rifle pistols that can fire 3000 rounds per minute with bullets that don't miss, and 400 round magazines!

kimberguy? Why would he ride on a freaking motorcycle with a sidearm (A military spec 1911 at that!) on his hip? What was he going to do, shoot cars?

All of these are examples of senseless acts for which the law was well within their right to go above and beyond the constraints in the Constitution, with the meaningful and well-reasoned excuse of "common sense".

Sometimes, you just can't have people exercising their rights, and following the law to the letter. That would be bad! Woe is the day they dare offend your precious insecurity derived from fear of the antis by practicing the right to bear arms to the stressed extent of the law right?

Some of you guys create so much senseless hyperbole, and waste deteriorating braincells in the process, never to regain them for another meaningful thought.

Somebody throw kwik up on the spit and stick an apple in his mouth. By time we are done with the ceremonial cannibal dance, the meat should be nice and tender.

Post imported post

AND THE DRAMA CONTINUES......

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/20...ying-handguns/

On Wednesday, March 17, the Belle Meade Board of Commissioners will consider a proposed ordinance (Ordinance 2010-2) that would forbid any person with a handgun carry permit to carry within the city limits.

Not only does this legislation create a victim zone inside Belle Meade by disarming law-abiding citizens, it is also a clear violation of Tennessee’s preemption statutes.

The Board of Commissioners will meet at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday at the Belle Meade City Hall located at 4705 Harding Road.

Talk about adding to the anti-fire......I wonder why they came up with that proposed bill?
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast