• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Belle Meade Open Carry-Kwikrnu Drama

aadvark

imported post

Kwikrnu, Damn Man I could not get the former Article to Post any more Posts, I guess you are pretty popular.

Listen, I am on your side.

Everything that everyone else is giving you about this incident in Belle Meadeis all subjunctive speculation.

Open Carry, in the Hand, in The City of Belle Meade, was Legal when you did so.

Furthermore, that used to be Tennessee State Law, before the Permit system, unless; everyone else who lives in Tennessee has since forgotten .

You need to listen to a few People, like Grapeshot, who makes Valid points almost all of the time on any Article He posts, but do not let anyone else give you a hard time about this.

Please continue to educate the Public by Unloaded Open Carry in your area, and do not let the Local Police push you into a corner about your Permit having been Revoked. I relate to your Case, as my Georgia Firearms License is Revoked, for almost a similiar reason, Police misinformation and 'scare tactics'.

'They' (Belle Meade) will hold that Damn Permit over your head so as long as Permits continue to be a nessecity to Open Carry in Tennessee. Atleast you have the option to Unloaded Open Carry, becuase; in Georgia we do not even have that.

Maybe Tennessee will one day become a true 'Open Carry' State, like Kentucky or Alabama, however; until then, I encourage you to fight this to get your Property (Handgun Permit) back. They did not 'Revoke' your Permit, it wasStolen from you!

I am on your side, and by the way, I watched the You-Tube vidoes, on this Police Action, you did not do anything wrong. I guarantee you the reason your Permit was 'Revoked' is because The Belle Meade Police thought that you ws trying to set them up for a Federal Lawsuit.

You did not set them up to anything, as far as I am concerned, they set themselves up for a Federal Lawsuit themselves.

old dog

imported post

Kwik just wants to be left alone. Sure he does. That's why he went out of his way to call attention to himself and provoke the bullyboys.

For god's sake don't let this jerk get away with presenting himself as a martyr. He got what he was looking for -- noticed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

old dog wrote:
Kwik just wants to be left alone. Sure he does. That's why he went out of his way to call attention to himself and provoke the bullyboys.

For god's sake don't let this jerk get away with presenting himself as a martyr. He got what he was looking for -- noticed.
If Kwik just wanted to be left alone to enjoy his life in peace and tranquility. he would not be posting his exploits so voluminously here.

He has been asked repeatedly in detail what his agenda/motivation is, but has yet to respond directly to those questions. Unfortunately that costs him credibility.

Yata hey

rscottie

imported post

I have been following this and would like to make a point.

Regardless of your feelings about Kwikrnu's actions, he was legal to do what he did.

It would seem that the point was that he wanted to highlight the ridiculous hodgepodge of laws and local regulations that effect all of us gun owners.

He took the first shot across their bow over all of our gun rights.

Now, they are punishing him.

They are also reading this forum. When they see us chastising him for being too flamboyant, it merely strengthens their resolve that they are right with their laws.

Instead of publicly flogging Kwikrnu for his actions, we should be contacting anyone that will listen about these unconstitutional laws and regulations.

If we do not, they will attempt to add more regulations in order to stop the next Kwikrnu or even YOU when you want to just enjoy a day in the park with your OC firearm of choice.

I live in KY, so my opinion doesn't mean much to TN lawmakers, but those of you in TN should be speaking out.

aadvark

imported post

[r]scottie is Right, in more than one sense of the word.

In Kentucky, the Gun Laws are so laid back this would never of happened there.

In Tennessee, for God knows what reason other than Jim Crow, this Preemption, but then, Local Option (i.e. such as Parks, Public Buildings, Public Meetings, before 1986-mess, etc.) is, and has for kwikrnu, cased a nightmare forus all.

It makes no sense to have a Preemption Law, then, to turn around, and have an opt-out clause that nulls Preemption.

Is it just me, or does that defeat the point of Preemption?

In order to help facilitate my argument, I want to use a clear and coincise train of thought to make the following statement, based on my points and single question, that I beforehand mentioned:

*I believe, that every State Preemption Law should, and rightfully should, cast a one-size-fits-all blanket over anything and everything having to do with Firearms in that State.*

old dog

imported post

scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid.

rscottie

imported post

old dog wrote:
scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid

And you are right back to where I was making a point. The fact that you feel that it was stupid is not the point.

The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense.

The focus should be the bad laws and not the emotional response to the type of weapon Kwikrnu carried.

What he has done has got public discussion going on a very serious issue, and that is EVERYONES gun rights.

Now, I would be willing to bet that many people did not know that they could not carry a firearm except under the extremely limited way that Kwikrnu did. He did it legally and the only way he could carry a firearm.

Please look at this without the emotional response.

Kwikrnu has got the ball rolling down there, now the rest of y'all in TN need to stop slamming him and push to get those stupid laws changed.

You don't have to agree with the methods of Kwikrnu to recognize that, I hope.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

rscottie wrote:
snip......
Kwikrnu has got the ball rolling down there, now the rest of y'all in TN need to stop slamming him and push to get those stupid laws changed.
Oh I think the laws likely will be changed, but you may not like what you get. :?

Yata hey

old dog

imported post

I find it difficult to credit that interpretation of the ordinance. It just seems too bizarre. Any lawyers out there?

I mean, who ever walked around with his sidearm in his hand in the ordinary, routine course of business?

rscottie

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
rscottie wrote:
snip......
Oh I think the laws likely will be changed, but you may not like what you get. :?

Yata hey
Exactly, that is why everyone else needs to speak up and get those laws changed for the better because something will happen with the laws because of this.

Wouldn't it be nice if they were changed to our liking?

Spanky

Banned
imported post

Scottie,

Are you and Leotard related? No one here is arguing the fact that he didn't break any laws. I think that has been said at least a half a dozen times. By no means did this idiot get anything "rolling" down here, other than raised brows and the quick revocation of his carry permit. The state gives out permits like a fat kid gets hit with a dodge ball, yet he had his revoked. He can sit here and blame Law Enforcement all he wants but the truth/fact is he brought all this negative attention to himself.

"The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense." You are apparently not from Tennessee so I will cut you a little slack on this. Belle Meade is a very small town that comes with a very small crime rate. With it (the city) also comes people with more money than they know what to do with. In other words about the only crime one has to worry about in that city is neighbors blowing leaves on each others property, there just isn't any. What Leotard did was find a jurisdiction that he wanted to test the "waters" with and it has come to bite him in the a$$. He doesn't even live in Belle Meade, so he could have just as easily took a jog in his own neighborhood. However that wouldn't have given him the attention he so desired.

He is hurting permit holders in this state more than he is helping. Belle Meade sent a letter of recommendation to the state because his actions were dangerous. The state made the decision to revoke it, not Belle Meade. The guy is a nut, bottom line.

Hopefully the administrators will lock this thread too, this guy and his rants need to die off.

suntzu

imported post

old dog wrote:
scottie, it's legal for me to stroll through East St. Louis alone at 3 a.m. -- and suicidally stupid.

and that is exactly the same attitude the anti-gunners take with everyone one of us--"just because we have the right to keep and bear arms does not mean we should"...outstanding.

he was legal.

He broke no laws.

What about those points do a lot of you have a problem with?

slowfiveoh

imported post

suntzu wrote:
old dog wrote:

and that is exactly the same attitude the anti-gunners take with everyone one of us--"just because we have the right to keep and bear arms does not mean we should"...outstanding.

he was legal.

He broke no laws.

What about those points do a lot of you have a problem with?
This is key, and the only thing that needs to be realized and stated.

The vast majority of whiners here don't realize that no matter how they try to spin this to look detrimental they are doing the following in spades:

--SUPPORTING antis by using their SAME arguments to incriminate kwiks lawful activities.

--Providing evidence that carrying to the letter of the law is simply not "good enough", and "common sense" (the whims of the hoplophobic or naive) should dictate the reality of our laws.

--Stating that being detained for lawful carry is acceptable.

--Supporting the revocation of Kwiks permit despite never being able to arrest him for violating no laws or potential public violence. He was released on all counts, handed his firearm, and told to have a nice day I am sure.

You people are comical. So long as someone does not carry in the manner you deem to be acceptable (your way), you will not support them. Some of you could use about 10 tons of education on a single word. Equality.

We'll do this the way it was done before. Every derogatory comment that is in contention with pursuit of equality in self-defense rights should be emailed to the Brady Foundation immediately, to help them with their fight. I see several posts already that would definitely fit that bill.

We're all going to disagree with each other on a number of things, and certainly the issue of support and common pursuit of our Constitutional Rights has been a topic on this forum lately.

For those stating he deserves what he gets, and you hope he never gets his permit back-

May you walk into Starbucks wearing a subcompact, and be hauled off in a loony suit for the same acts of travesty you are trying to pin to kwik.

Like I said, you people are comical.

2.ooohhh

imported post

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5584

I have been pulled over 2x in Belle Meade while carrying my grandfather still lives there, one officer and I had a lengthy discussion about how he liked my choice in sidearm, While technically they had weird laws on the books they were not in my experience attempting to enforce them. I understand that kwik was legal and I support his right to carry but now it looks like some of us local gun owners are going to have to go try and talk sense into the City Counsel before they pass an unconstitutional law and violate state preemption. They are now targeting HCP holders specifically.:banghead:

rscottie

imported post

Spanky wrote:
Scottie,

Are you and Leotard related? No one here is arguing the fact that he didn't break any laws. I think that has been said at least a half a dozen times. By no means did this idiot get anything "rolling" down here, other than raised brows and the quick revocation of his carry permit. The state gives out permits like a fat kid gets hit with a dodge ball, yet he had his revoked. He can sit here and blame Law Enforcement all he wants but the truth/fact is he brought all this negative attention to himself.

?Not sure why you ask, but no.

"The point is, by the laws in that community, it was THE ONLY LEGAL WAY Kwikrnu could carry a firearm for his self-defense." You are apparently not from Tennessee so I will cut you a little slack on this. Belle Meade is a very small town that comes with a very small crime rate. With it (the city) also comes people with more money than they know what to do with. In other words about the only crime one has to worry about in that city is neighbors blowing leaves on each others property, there just isn't any. What Leotard did was find a jurisdiction that he wanted to test the "waters" with and it has come to bite him in the a$$. He doesn't even live in Belle Meade, so he could have just as easily took a jog in his own neighborhood. However that wouldn't have given him the attention he so desired.

Crime NEVER happens in Belle Meade? So, people are afforded less rights in Belle Meade than other parts of the state? Not sure what point you are making.

He is hurting permit holders in this state more than he is helping. Belle Meade sent a letter of recommendation to the state because his actions were dangerous. The state made the decision to revoke it, not Belle Meade. The guy is a nut, bottom line.

Dangerous? How so? He was carrying a firearm legally for self protection. You sound like the anti-gun crowd with statements like that.
Permit holders? Permits are for privileges granted by the King, er, government. Rights are God Given.

Hopefully the administrators will lock this thread too, this guy and his rants need to die off.

Sounds like you do not want people to we awakened to the fact that their rights are being trampled upon by unjust laws in towns such as Belle Meade and probably others.

Had to put some comments up there in red.

Anyway, I guess some on here cannot read what I wrote. I was not making this a case for or against Kwikrnu. I was making the case that the law against Open Carry in Belle Meade is wrong and the fact that Kwikrnu pointed that out, albeit in a very flamboyant way, it needed to be done. What is the old saying, "Don't shoot the messenger?"

Instead of attacking me, and Kwikrnu to for that matter, for pointing this out, you should be trying to get these bad laws changed.

templar223

imported post

Kwik isn't doing our cause any favors with the Joe and Jane Sixpacks out there.

Carrying a pistol while walking? And he wonders why he was stopped? And his permit suspended?

HELLLOOO!

I don't care if it's not against the law. Some here seem adamant about supporting a walking, talking liability to our cause.

Walking around with a pistol in your hand isn't good common sense. It makes gun owners look kookish.

Frankly, I'm glad his permit's been suspended.

Maybe it will put his antics on hiatus for a while.

John

slowfiveoh

imported post

Spanky wrote:
Here,

Some reading you folks might want to partake in...

LOL. Clearly a case of not even remotely knowing what you are talking about.

So Spanky...

Ever Read "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine? Do you even know what its about?

I don't think you do.

I could crap my pants in laughter right now. :celebrate

Here is an excerpt to help you out, that I swiped:

"Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following pages, are not YET sufficiently fashionable to procure them general favour; a long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it a superficial appearance of being RIGHT, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason. As a long and violent abuse of power, is generally the Means of calling the right of it in question (and in Matters too which might never have been thought of, had not the Sufferers been aggravated into the inquiry) and as the King of England hath undertaken in his OWN RIGHT, to support the Parliament in what he calls THEIRS, and as the good people of this country are grievously oppressed by the combination, they have an undoubted privilege to inquire into the pretensions of both, and equally to reject the usurpation of either." - Thomas Paine | Common Sense

Not thinking a thing wrong? Like gun control right?

Long habit of not applying ourselves to the thoughts of particular actions, make us want to "defend them"? You mean like false representation of the US Citizens at the highest levels of government being a "norm" that we have learned to fear and/or accept, simply by virtue of extended presence?

Wow....thats crazy....

Spanky

Banned
imported post

Slow,

You missed the point, it's not about the author or that book, it's about the TITLE common sense and the lack of on Leotard's part.

Nice attempt though!

However, it is quite commical you actually took the time to look up that particular book and post a brief summary. You and Leo should start a wolf pack.