Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Westland, Michigan OC Event

Post imported post

Date: Sunday April 25, 2010

Time: 2pm

This Park is located at the corner of Ford Road & Carlson Road.

There is a bigger size play place there for the kids to play as well!!!

Here is the address for the Park is just a little east of the station and behind it!!!!

1901 N Carlson St
    Westland, MI 48185

Link to Mapquest for Directions
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=We...eocode=ADDRESS

Please post here if you are going to come or with any input you may have!! Looking forward to this event and meeting and putting names with faces and doing some OC!!!

This is also listed on migunowners.org

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84472

if you have any questions please feel free to get a hold of me!!

now we need some volunteers to help bring stuff!!!!

plates
    ----dougwg
    ----Danno
    napkins
    ----dougwg
    ----Danno
    utensils
    ----dougwg
    ----Danno
    cups
    ----Danno
    soda
    ----daj86==36 pack case of each of the following; Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Mountain Dew
    ----fotophocus
    ice
    ----fotophocus
    water
    ----daj86==2 cases of water 35 16.9oz bottles per case
    hot dogs
    ----Super Trucker
    hot dog buns
    ----Super Trucker
    hamburgers
    ----daj86==Box of hamburgers 40 patties total
    hamburger buns
    ----daj86==3 packs of hamburger buns 16 buns per pack
    ketchup/mustard/condiments
    ----Super Trucker== Ketchup/Mustard
    ----daj86==Ketchup, mustard, and relish multi pack
    fruit/pasta salad or regular salad
    ----Danno==Fruit Salad
    ----SeeTee== Tuna/Pasta/Salad Dish
    desert
    ----Venator12
    chips/pretzels/etc.
    ----daj86==large bag of Doritos, Ruffles, and Chex Mix
    any other food
    ----Venator12== Baked Beans
    gas grill or grill/charcoal
    ----Seetee==Grill
    ----dougwg==Charcoal
    games?
    camera/Video recorder
    -----dougwg (camera)
    Tables
    ----coondog== one banquet table, two card tables
    ----SeeTee== 2 6ft Tables
    Chairs
    ----coondog: 4 chairs
    Cards/Literature
    ----dougwg
    Coolers
    ----daj86==2 good size coolers

or anything else that anyone can think of!!! I will keep a list of who is volunteering to bring what and keep it updated in this first post!!!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Post imported post

Thank you for posting this here! If you need any logistical help don't be afraid to ask!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Honestly I have never planned anything like this before or anything.... The reason I am trying to set this up is because of what happened not to long ago with a Westland cop and the way he treated a guy who was OC'ing and talked to him and want to get the education out there about OC'ing and that is why it is in Westland right next to the police station in the park there!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated for sure!!!

How about we start by trying to select a date and we can go from there!!! Any input on anything is greatly appreciate and want to get as many people as we can for this!!!

Here is a link to the video of the Westland cop I was talking about Listen and you will see why we are trying to get this together!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2xOpF4z_v0

Post imported post

dfox's encounter has been covered here quite a bit.

As far as a Westland meet up, I'm in. The last one I think was about a year ago at Big Boy.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Awesome.... What date do we think would be a good one for this??? Because I think that I might have to call the city so I can "reserve" the pavilion for that day if I am not mistaken

Post imported post

Personally, I think you should arrange it to coincide with my May 16 State Wide litter clean up. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/40049.html

Obviously ya don't have to if ya don't want to, but it would work. First a litter clean up in the morning, then a nice BBQ lunch at the park. :celebrate

Although, if you're looking for huge attendance, that wouldn't be the way to do it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I would prefer to do this before that if at all possible... That is why I would like people to post dates and we can go from there!!!

How does sometime in April sound???

Post imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
    I would prefer to do this before that if at all possible... That is why I would like people to post dates and we can go from there!!!

How does sometime in April sound???

Welcome Pearldrums

I've been following your posts over on MGO about events you would like to plan. There's currently an event planned for April 25th in Jackson and a possible event on the same date that will be near Flint. The events are spread out so an event near you would not hinder participation at the others. Just set a date and I will enter the event in the MOC, Calendar of Events.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote
    Welcome Pearldrums

I've been following your posts over on MGO about events you would like to plan. There's currently an event planned for April 25th in Jackson and a possible event on the same date that will be near Flint. The events are spread out so an event near you would not hinder participation at the others. Just set a date and I will enter the event in the MOC, Calendar of Events.
    Ok will do I will either post a date later tonight or tomorrow have to look at the calender!!!

Post imported post

I recommend you just pick a date to set it in stone, say two-three weeks out maybe so folks can plan for it.

If you plan it, people will come!

Attendees can commit on this thread if they plan to attend or if they are possible attendees. Edit your initial post with all pertinent details, including Date, Time, Location, Map (hyperlink to yahoo or google), Attendees, Possible Attendees. Create a sign-up list of items needed for the picnic and folks can volunteer to bring items and update the list in the first thread so folks can easily see what things are still needed. A head count will help folks know how much food to bring.

Also, Do some research on the park and tell us what it has. If there's a playground, folks with kids will want to know (like me). Is there a disc golf course, horseshoes, etc., you get the idea.

We used to have an events thread where we kept this info centralized, but I don't recall what happened to it. If it gets resurrected, you can see previous examples.

Off the top of my head, you'll want to ask for volunteers to bring the following:

plates/napkins/utensils/cups
    soda/water
    hot dogs/buns
    hamburgers/buns
    fruit/pasta salad
    desert!!!
    chips/pretzels/etc.
    any other food
    gas grill or grill/charcoal or charcoal if the park has a grill
    games?
    camera/Video recorder
    tables (if no picnic tables)

Note to self: bring bocce. :celebrate

Post imported post

Hey guys...?

Doesn't Westland have a fair in that park every year? Ferris wheels, cotton candy, the whole shebang?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

yes, around the 4th of July

Westland Summer Festival, 06/30/10 - 07/04/10

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    yes, around the 4th of July

Westland Summer Festival, 06/30/10 - 07/04/10
    Do they still have it, I thought the park was contaminatedand closed.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

I think they open it for special occasions

Post imported post

Part of the park is closed but the other part is still open..... Also yes they still have the Fair and it is around the 4th of July still!!!

I am going to look at the calender tonight and choose a date and will post on here tomorrow and then we can go from there on posting for volunteers and all that!!!

Post imported post

Was at the playground that is behind the firehouse. (east of the police station) I saw signs on the pavillion that said it was video monitored 24/7 so there should good footage of the event!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    Was at the playground that is behind the firehouse. (east of the police station) I saw signs on the pavillion that said it was video monitored 24/7 so there should good footage of the event!
    Well good maybe they will use it as training footage for them saying IT IS LEGAL LAY THE HELL OFF lol

Post imported post

Set the date!!!!

Sunday April 18, 2010 at 2pm

Also there is a nice size playground there for the Kids

now we need some volunteers to help bring stuff!!!!

plates
    napkins
    utensils
    cups
    soda
    water
    hot dogs
    hot dog buns
    hamburgers
    hamburger buns
    fruit/pasta salad or regular salad
    desert
    chips/pretzels/etc.
    any other food
    gas grill or grill/charcoal
    games?
    camera/Video recorder
    Tables

or anything else that anyone can think of!!! I will keep a list of who is volunteering to bring what and keep it updated in the first post!!!!! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!!

Post imported post

Thats the day before the 2AMarch in DC.

Post imported post

Wow well this will be our way of having our own little 2nd Amendment Support here for us who can't go to DC for the march!!!

Post imported post

Also Just called Westland about the pavilion and the are wanting $115 to rent the pavilion for the day!!! So I am going to add tables to the list and all that unless you want to move the location??? Please let me know!!!

Post imported post

That is likely just a holding fee and if you clean it up you get most or all back? I would check.

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I mean I am sure that we can bring our own tables and grills and stuff and do our own thing there right???

Post imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
    I mean I am sure that we can bring our own tables and grills and stuff and do our own thing there right???
    I would image that would be fine. I was just stating that often the fee is like a security deposit.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    pearldrums2 wrote:
    I would image that would be fine. I was just stating that often the fee is like a security deposit.
    From the way they made it sound not the case there!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast