• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Friday March 19 OC in Downtown Wyandotte

pearldrums2

imported post

This Friday night at 7pm there are going to be some OC'ers that are going to be meeting up to do some OC'ing in Downtown Wyandotte... It is the Wyandotte "Open House" this friday and some of us are going to be down there so I thought that I would post and Invite more.. The more the merrier they say right!!!

Friday March 19, 2010 @ 7pm
Downtown Wyandotte
Meeting Place is just behind the Why Not Costume Shop (that is the name of it), there is a Veterans Memorial there that is Black Granite/Marble and that is where we will be meeting up at about 7pm!!!

Please PM me if you have any questions

Please post here if you can make it!!! Would love to get some people out there!!! Looking forward to meeting people putting faces with screen names and enjoying some OC'ing!!

Hope to see you out there!!!

elvis1935

imported post

I don't know if I will be oc'ing becuse I have not done it yet and still don't want to get into trouble but I will be there as of right now but I do hope to get a lot of info.

pearldrums2

imported post

elvis1935 wrote:
I don't know if I will be oc'ing becuse I have not done it yet and still don't want to get into trouble but I will be there as of right now but I do hope to get a lot of info.

No one is going to force you to open carry... Even just coming for support shows a lot!!! Looking forward to meeting you!!!!

pearldrums2

imported post

ChuckWagon-SMVM wrote:
My son and I will stop by. I might just get him a new gun for the occasion. His will be nerf and it might not be loaded he is only 3 years old.
:celebrate
LOL...... Just make sure he don't aim at anyone ha ha ha!!!

Looking forward to seeing you there as well!!! Love the fact we are starting to get a group together!!!

Still lets get some more of us together!!! Can never have enough!!!

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

ChuckWagon-SMVM wrote:
My son and I will stop by. I might just get him a new gun for the occasion. His will be nerf and it might not be loaded he is only 3 years old.

Please check local ordinances and make sure there's no laws against fake gun.

P.S. I'M DEAD SERIOUS!

P.P.S. Remember the knife thing....

JamesIan

imported post

dougwg wrote:
ChuckWagon-SMVM wrote:

Please check local ordinances and make sure there's no laws against fake gun.

P.S. I'M DEAD SERIOUS!

P.P.S. Remember the knife thing....
ARTICLE V. WEAPONS

Sec. 25-96. Discharge of firearms.

It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge any firearm except in the lawful defense of his person or property, or as otherwise permitted by law.

(Code 1956, § 21-5)

Sec. 25-96.1. Firearms; intentionally aiming without malice.

Any person who shall intentionally, without malice, point or aim any firearm at or toward any other person, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(Ord. No. 760, § 1, 3-19-84)

Sec. 25-97. Possession of dangerous weapon.

(a)No person shall possess any machine gun, sawed-off shotgun, or any instrument or weapon of the kind commonly known as a blackjack, slingshot, sand club, sandbag, switchblade knife, or metal knuckles, nor any instrument, attachment or appliance for causing the firing of any firearm to be silent or intended to lessen or muffle the noise of the firing of any firearms except as is otherwise permitted by law.

(b)No person shall within the city possess, with intent to use unlawfully against another, an imitation pistol, or a dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto or other dangerous weapon.

(Code 1956, § 21-8)

State law references: Dangerous weapons, MCL § 750.224, MSA § 28.421.

Sec. 25-98. Knives and darts.

(a)A switchblade or self-opening knife is hereby defined as a knife containing a blade or blades which can be opened by depressing a button, pressure on the handle, release of a spring or other mechanical contrivance. A dart is hereby defined as a pointed weapon or stick thrown by hand.

(b)It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, keep, possess, use or loan any switchblade or self-opening knife as hereinabove defined; provided, that the prohibition of this subsection shall not apply to any one-armed person in possession of such a knife in connection with his living requirements.

(c)It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, give away or loan to any minor under the age of eighteen (18) years, or for any such minor to be in possession of any dart in any of the streets, alleys, parks, boulevards, playgrounds, or in any other public property or school in the city or in any private property generally frequented by the public.

(d)It shall be unlawful for any person to be in possession of a knife with a blade more than three (3) inches in length in any of the streets, alleys, parks, boulevards, or other public property or schools in the city, or in any dance hall, theatre, amusement park, liquor establishment, store or other private property generally frequented by the public for purposes of education, recreation, amusement, entertainment, sports or shopping. This subsection shall not apply to any person in possession of such knife if actively engaged therein or actively engaged in going to or returning from honest work, trade, business, sport or recreation.

(e)It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of eighteen (18) years to be in possession of any knife of any description in any of the streets, alleys, parks, boulevards, or other public property or schools in the city, or in any dance hall, theatre, amusement park, liquor establishment, store or other private property generally frequented by the public for purposes of education, recreation, amusement, entertainment, sport or shopping; provided, that the prohibition of this subsection shall not apply to any such person under eighteen (18) years of age being in possession of any such knife when it is used or carried in good faith as a tool of honest work, trade, business, sport or recreation, or when used or carried in good faith as equipment related to and required for any legitimate sport, recreation or youth character building program (Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.), when actively engaged therein or actively engaged in going to or returning from such honest work, trade, business, sport, recreation or youth character building program.

(Code 1956, § 21-21)

State law references: Switchblades, MCL § 750.226a, MSA § 28.423(1).

Secs. 25-99--25-115. Reserved.

JamesIan

imported post

Also:

ARTICLE VIIIA. LASER POINTING DEVICES

Sec. 25-165. Possession of laser pointing devices.

No person shall possess, control, carry, or use in any manner any type of low level light laser pointer (sometimes referred to as a laser pen). A person shall not be in violation of this article if his/her possession of the laser pointer is necessary for his/her employment, trade, occupation, or if the laser pointer is required under circumstances that tend to establish that its possession is for a lawful purpose (and not for self-defense or amusement). A person who violates this section is responsible for a municipal civil infraction and shall forfeit the laser pointer to the police.

(Ord. No. 1061, § 1, 3-1-99)

Sec. 25-166. Use of laser pointer to harass, annoy, or disturb the peace of another.

No person shall use a laser pointer to harass, annoy, or disturb the peace or enjoyment of another. No person shall shine or aim a laser at another person, or into an occupied building, home, or motor vehicle. Any person who violates this section is responsible for a municipal civil infraction and subject to a minimum fine of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00).

Sec. 25-167. Parental responsibility.

No parent shall knowingly permit their minor child to possess, control, carry or use any type of low level light laser pointer unless permitted by section 25-165. Any person who violates this section is responsible for a municipal civil infraction.

Secs. 25-168--25-180. Reserved.

Leave your guns with Crimson Trace Laser Grips at home.

JamesIan

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I hope you are joking.... The carry of a laser sight on a firearm is a lawful purpose so therefor it is legal even under this ordinance.
I wish I were kidding. Doesn't a plain reading seem to exclude self-defense as a lawful use?