Thread: OC Question For Friend

Post imported post

My friend wants to come to the Wyandotte OC event we are getting together for this Friday March 19 and he don't believe me that he can come down there and OC with us WITHOUT a CPL (obviously not carry in the car).... Can someone give me some Information I can give him to show him that he can and he can OC with us down there

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Here is the carry chart (where you can carry with or without a CPL.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/36728.html

Here is printable OC information.

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/node/12
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Ask him to cite a law he'd be breaking.

Just the same, if he doesn't want to OC, he shouldn't. I do hope he'll still attend though.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

No I am not going to try and push anything on anyone if they are not comfortable they are not comfortable..... I hope he does to.... Plus with everyone there they can help and answer questions as well!!!!

Post imported post

Michigan State Constitution:Article I, SS.6:
    Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

Since it's very difficult to "show" someone proof of a right they were born with, and since many folks don't understand that the Constitution is actually law, your best bet is to have him case his handgun and come along with you, and don't carry until he understands that it is legal. There is no prerequisite to carry at an open carry meeting. Just bring him along, gun or no gun.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
    My friend wants to come to the Wyandotte OC event we are getting together for this Friday March 19 and he don't believe me that he can come down there and OC with us WITHOUT a CPL (obviously not carry in the car).... Can someone give me some Information I can give him to show him that he can and he can OC with us down there
    Tell him theres nothing to it. I just oced for the first time on Saturday. I was nervous for maybe 5 minutes tops. You find that 80% of people dont even pay attetion.Carry on!!!:celebrate

Post imported post

Does he have a computer or access to the intranet? Send him to us, we'll take care of the rest

Post imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:
    pearldrums2 wrote:
    Tell him theres nothing to it. I just oced for the first time on Saturday. I was nervous for maybe 5 minutes tops. You find that 80% of people dont even pay attetion.Carry on!!!:celebrate
    OPENCARRYCHERRYPOPPEDYAY!

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Jcookndazoo wrote:
    pearldrums2 wrote:
    lol...that provided some laughs
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

Yeah he does have the internet and he says he will be signing up on here. We now have the proof he was looking for. He is printing it out as we speak. From the way it sounds he is going to be in Wyandotte with us OC'ing this friday.

Thank you all for the quick response

He is saying that is opencarrycherry will be popped friday now lol. (He just seen that post lol)

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Jcookndazoo wrote:
    pearldrums2 wrote:
    lol...nice