• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Question For Friend

pearldrums2

imported post

My friend wants to come to the Wyandotte OC event we are getting together for this Friday March 19 and he don't believe me that he can come down there and OC with us WITHOUT a CPL (obviously not carry in the car).... Can someone give me some Information I can give him to show him that he can and he can OC with us down there

Michigander

imported post

Ask him to cite a law he'd be breaking.

Just the same, if he doesn't want to OC, he shouldn't. I do hope he'll still attend though.

pearldrums2

imported post

No I am not going to try and push anything on anyone if they are not comfortable they are not comfortable..... I hope he does to.... Plus with everyone there they can help and answer questions as well!!!!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Michigan State Constitution:Article I, SS.6:
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

Since it's very difficult to "show" someone proof of a right they were born with, and since many folks don't understand that the Constitution is actually law, your best bet is to have him case his handgun and come along with you, and don't carry until he understands that it is legal. There is no prerequisite to carry at an open carry meeting. Just bring him along, gun or no gun.

Jcookndazoo

imported post

pearldrums2 wrote:
My friend wants to come to the Wyandotte OC event we are getting together for this Friday March 19 and he don't believe me that he can come down there and OC with us WITHOUT a CPL (obviously not carry in the car).... Can someone give me some Information I can give him to show him that he can and he can OC with us down there
Tell him theres nothing to it. I just oced for the first time on Saturday. I was nervous for maybe 5 minutes tops. You find that 80% of people dont even pay attetion.Carry on!!!:celebrate

FatboyCykes

imported post

Jcookndazoo wrote:
pearldrums2 wrote:
Tell him theres nothing to it. I just oced for the first time on Saturday. I was nervous for maybe 5 minutes tops. You find that 80% of people dont even pay attetion.Carry on!!!:celebrate
OPENCARRYCHERRYPOPPEDYAY!

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Jcookndazoo wrote:
pearldrums2 wrote:
lol...that provided some laughs

pearldrums2

imported post

Yeah he does have the internet and he says he will be signing up on here. We now have the proof he was looking for. He is printing it out as we speak. From the way it sounds he is going to be in Wyandotte with us OC'ing this friday.

Thank you all for the quick response

He is saying that is opencarrycherry will be popped friday now lol. (He just seen that post lol)

Jcookndazoo

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
Jcookndazoo wrote:
pearldrums2 wrote:
lol...nice