• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are invited to GLOCK34 's - Back yard Grill out

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

i wish the Pentagon would start phasing out the old mags and replace them with PMags. They could save lives. I've had the GI Mags cause a jam at inopportune times.

scorpio_vette

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
I should have added scorpio, the GI Mags suck. For the same price, you can get a PMAG from Magpul. Vastly superior.

well in that case never mind. i have several military issue M16 mags from when my dad and wife were active duty. couple of them are brand new never used. but hey if they suck then i'll keep them for myself.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
Dustiniac wrote:
I should have added scorpio, the GI Mags suck. For the same price, you can get a PMAG from Magpul. Vastly superior.

well in that case never mind. i have several military issue M16 mags from when my dad and wife were active duty. couple of them are brand new never used. but hey if they suck then i'll keep them for myself.
I have about 60 usgi 30 Rounders, never an issue.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

Right Doug, of course you know more than me. Nevermind the fact I have 2 deployments to Iraq, one of which was pure combat, and 7 years in the Army, my opinion of those mags means nothign. I'm sure you had plenty of trigger time with the M16-M4 in the Navy. What did you shoot, once a year?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
Right Doug, of course you know more than me. Nevermind the fact I have 2 deployments to Iraq, one of which was pure combat, and 7 years in the Army, my opinion of those mags means nothign. I'm sure you had plenty of trigger time with the M16-M4 in the Navy. What did you shoot, once a year?
LOL. Right on Dustin !!!!!! Dougy just got OWNED !!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

You are so easy.

First, that is not my opinion, as I carefully made clear to all but the befuddled.

I asked myself the question, "Self, how many complaints have you heard of M-16 magazines?" So I want off to look and wound-up back at Biggerhammer. 'Back' at Biggerhammer that I learned about as a paying member of FCSA.

While I was on the boats, we had first Thompsons and only later M-16. The Thompsons were useful because they were small enough to run through the boat with one. We had to burn our share of ammunition, favorite targets were the plastic milk 'cows' that we machine gunned as soon as we were out of sight of land. The M-16s weren't fun and are hard to get around in the boat so they stayed in the locker. And the ammo was much scarcer during the VN War when I was Navy.

Probably the favorite firearm was the shotgun.

After I was a civilian (GS-12 ~ O-6) I was working on a boat when a federal agent tried a security intrusion - as he was allowed to do. The young topside watch, E-3 or E-4 was armed with an unloaded shotgun but made all his challenges properly. The NRRO rep tried to get physical and the topside watch butted him to the deck and covered him with the unloaded shotgun. And got atta-boys from everyone.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

We understood that you didn't exactly post your opinion. But however once again you had to copy and paste the direct opposite of what everyone else was saying. You always have to be "that" guy. What your squid experiences had to do with magazines, I digress.

scorpio_vette

imported post

for what it's worth, i don't have personal experience with M16's or there magazines.(yet. still saving up to buy the wife one)I grew up in the military and married into the military, so i gathered a few parts here and there over the years. I was just trying to be nice and offering b-day boy something, but 1 it sounds like he has enough, and 2 seems like other types are preferred.

anyways, after reading this, i just asked my wife if she has any issues with the M16 magazines, and she said that yes they do have issues and would cause feeding issues quite a bit.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

when its the general consensus of an infantry regiment yeah, i do think we should listen to the soldiers actually depending on the equipment. Take your elitist attitude and move on

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

yeah thats a good attitude, go into combat with inferior equipment when we could easily get better. You sound like a particular SecDef

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

This thread has gone down the crapper. I hate to even post in it, but I will give my perspective as I shootalot of rounds in a year with my AR15s. I have no qualms about using GI mags. I could use a few more if there are extras for sale. (after I pay for my ammo;)) This is assuming they are not dented, worn out or otherwise unserviceable. There is no desert in WI and I clean my mags after a weekend at the range. I personally never had any issues with GI mags other than those which were bent or otherwise damaged or plainworn out.

There is a difference between the expected performance of a brand new magazine and ones which have the finish worn off of the inside and outside and the follower is worn with a weak spring and it is full of sand. Aluminum magazines are not made to take a beating on the feed lips. I know how GI magazines look after alot of use. If you are critical of a magazine, it should not be of a worn out and beat up one.

I never had to use my M16 to break down doors, but I put plenty of rounds down range with it while I was on active duty.