• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man shoots armed intruder...

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Like I said, I know this isn't in Michigan, but its good to see positive media coverage of these things.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/mobile/breakingnews/os-ocoee-home-invasion-shooting-20100316,0,5666033.story

Police in Ocoee are investigating a home-invasion shooting Tuesday morning that ended when the homeowner fatally injured one of the armed attackers.
Hours after the shooting, a resident at the 2-story, yellow and white-trimmed house used a hose to wash the blood off the driveway.
Friends and family at the house located off a quiet Ocoee cul-de-sac did not speak to the media.
The dead man was identified as David Butler, 37, who police say had a violent criminal history, including a current warrant for his arrest in connection with a Lake County home invasion. The homeowner, Dave Walter Henry, 40, is not facing charges in the shooting.

EDITED first line from in the news to in Michigan

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

haha... dude... I don't think everybody could get into your email... you just probably have your password stored.

WHen I clicked it at work it just took me to the default yahoo login page...

I fixed it anyhow but, I think its nothing to be concerned about.