• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Oshkosh

Constitution

imported post

Recently I have OC on my own private property.Itsin the city and unfortunatelyin a school zone(obviously legal) on my property but I can't walk the dog down the sidewalk while OCso that sucks.I have also been in Fleet Farm and Kwik Trip. Not a word said at the stores or by my neighbors. I also took the dog for a walk in eldorado marsh and ran into some very nice middle aged women also walking there dogswho thought it was great my buddy and I were OC ing. Even though I have only been doing this for a couple months I feel great exercising my state and federal rights its cleansing.

Sgt_Habz

imported post

Constitution wrote:
Recently I have OC on my own private property.Itsin the city and unfortunatelyin a school zone(obviously legal) on my property but I can't walk the dog down the sidewalk while OCso that sucks.I have also been in Fleet Farm and Kwik Trip. Not a word said at the stores or by my neighbors. I also took the dog for a walk in eldorado marsh and ran into some very nice middle aged women also walking there dogswho thought it was great my buddy and I were OC ing. Even though I have only been doing this for a couple months I feel great exercising my state and federal rights its cleansing.
Welcome to the forums Constitution! I know myself and another friend of mine have OC'd several times in Oshkosh without incident... namely Menards and Target. Best of luck!

Constitution

imported post

Come to find out there isn't an official school zone across the street its a pre-school.So I took the dog for a walk while OC-ing.No big deal but its great to exercise your rights!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Constitution wrote:

If its this Eldorado Marsh, http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/wildlife_areas/eldorado.htm

be aware of DNR's "unloaded and encased" requirements.

Constitution

imported post

Nice catch! It seems as though some wildlife areas it has to be in season to carry a firearm and others not.I sent an e-mail to the DNR about getting a list. I can tell you I don't want the wife walking the dog outin the middle of nowhereby herself unarmed!

revolverrandy

imported post

Thats close to my neck of the woods.any issues in the area,let me know if you would.I am new to this and like to know what I can expect.

Constitution

imported post

I have not had any problems. I walk the dog every day down 24th St past Ardie and Ed's to the boat landing to throw dummies.Kwik Trip,Fleet Farm,Menards, and Lowe's all have been good. I have seen very few people even notice or care. I started a few months ago and now its second nature.Just like carrying a cell phone.