Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: ACTION ALERT! Constitutional Carry in Senate COW (again!)

  1. #1
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907

    Post imported post

    Your immediate action is needed to support SB 1108, the AzCDL-requested Constitutional Carry bill, which eliminates the prohibition and penalties for law-abiding adults who carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

    We are expecting SB 1108 to be placed on the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) agenda in the next few days. It is critical that you immediately contact your Senator and urge them to support SB 1108 during the COW debate. A letter is waiting to be sent by you at AzCDL’s Action Center.

    SB 1108 replaces SB 1102 which was stopped in the Senate COW by the attachment of the misrepresented and dangerous “Cheuvront” amendment. The good news is that we are certain (thanks to your emails on SB 1102) we can defeat a similar attempt to derail SB 1108 and we know that the Constitutional Carry language in SB 1108 was approved in the Senate COW debate on SB 1102. All we need to do is keep reminding the Senate that YOU want SB 1108 to pass without any shenanigans or bogus amendments. Your emails are critical to the successful passage of Constitutional Carry in Arizona. Please! Get involved!

    These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today! .

    AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom.

    Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

  2. #2
    Regular Member brokenbarrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    blowing dust, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    206

    Post imported post

    hb 2347 is set for floor action on thursday this week march 18..

  3. #3
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907

    Post imported post

    brokenbarrel wrote:
    hb 2347 is set for floor action on thursday this week march 18..
    That's what the 3/16 NRA Alert said, but that's not what we're hearing at the Capitol. We'll see.

    Fred

  4. #4
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907

    Post imported post

    azcdlfred wrote:
    brokenbarrel wrote:
    hb 2347 is set for floor action on thursday this week march 18..
    That's what the 3/16 NRA Alert said, but that's not what we're hearing at the Capitol. We'll see.
    Just double-checked, HB 2347 is on the House COW calendar for 3/18/10. It may be moved to a later date - more sausage making needs to be done. Meanwhile, looks like I'll spend another day working on an AZCDL Alert.

    Firearms preemption (HB 2543)is also on the House COW for 3/18.

    Busy day for me,
    Fred

  5. #5
    Regular Member brokenbarrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    blowing dust, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    206

    Post imported post

    yeah when i posted that i found it on the senate website...

  6. #6
    Regular Member Snakemathis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Prescott Valley, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    107

    Post imported post

    I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

  7. #7
    Regular Member azcdlfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    907

    Post imported post

    Snakemathis wrote:
    I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
    Thanks! Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture. With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

    What's sad is the thousands who, despitehaving the opportunity to make a difference,choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled. They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

    I'm working up the Alert for the House bills, but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

    Fred

  8. #8
    Regular Member Snakemathis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Prescott Valley, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    107

    Post imported post

    azcdlfred wrote:
    Snakemathis wrote:
    I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
    Thanks! Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture. With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

    What's sad is the thousands who, despitehaving the opportunity to make a difference,choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled. They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

    I'm working up the Alert for the House bills, but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

    Fred
    I just got both the HB letters sent out as well. Thanks for making it so easy. Its a no brainer and they really do notice. Fred, you are the man!
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    azcdlfred wrote:
    Snakemathis wrote:
    I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
    Thanks!* Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture.* With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

    What's sad is the thousands who, despite*having the opportunity to make a difference,*choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled.* They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

    I'm working up the Alert for the House bills,* but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

    Fred
    Thanks for the Action Center instant letter Fred.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Me too... twice now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •