• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ACTION ALERT! Constitutional Carry in Senate COW (again!)

azcdlfred

imported post

Your immediate action is needed to support SB 1108, the AzCDL-requested Constitutional Carry bill, which eliminates the prohibition and penalties for law-abiding adults who carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

We are expecting SB 1108 to be placed on the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) agenda in the next few days. It is critical that you immediately contact your Senator and urge them to support SB 1108 during the COW debate. A letter is waiting to be sent by you at AzCDL’s Action Center.

SB 1108 replaces SB 1102 which was stopped in the Senate COW by the attachment of the misrepresented and dangerous “Cheuvront” amendment. The good news is that we are certain (thanks to your emails on SB 1102) we can defeat a similar attempt to derail SB 1108 and we know that the Constitutional Carry language in SB 1108 was approved in the Senate COW debate on SB 1102. All we need to do is keep reminding the Senate that YOU want SB 1108 to pass without any shenanigans or bogus amendments. Your emails are critical to the successful passage of Constitutional Carry in Arizona. Please! Get involved!

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today! .

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom.

Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

azcdlfred

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
brokenbarrel wrote:
hb 2347 is set for floor action on thursday this week march 18..
That's what the 3/16 NRA Alert said, but that's not what we're hearing at the Capitol. We'll see.
Just double-checked, HB 2347 is on the House COW calendar for 3/18/10. It may be moved to a later date - more sausage making needs to be done. Meanwhile, looks like I'll spend another day working on an AZCDL Alert.

Firearms preemption (HB 2543)is also on the House COW for 3/18.

Busy day for me,
Fred

azcdlfred

imported post

Snakemathis wrote:
I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
Thanks! Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture. With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

What's sad is the thousands who, despitehaving the opportunity to make a difference,choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled. They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

I'm working up the Alert for the House bills, but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

Fred

Snakemathis

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
Snakemathis wrote:
I just went and sent a letter. It's very easy. Everyone should take the extra minute to send it. It's very simple and it does make a difference.
Thanks! Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture. With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

What's sad is the thousands who, despitehaving the opportunity to make a difference,choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled. They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

I'm working up the Alert for the House bills, but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

Fred
I just got both the HB letters sent out as well. Thanks for making it so easy. Its a no brainer and they really do notice. Fred, you are the man!

GWbiker

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
Snakemathis wrote:
Thanks!  Your emails have a tremendous effect and help us immensly at the Legsialture.  With our new Action Center, it's a total no brainer to send out a letter.

What's sad is the thousands who, despite having the opportunity to make a difference, choose to sit on their asses and not get invovled.  They might as well start sending checks to the Brady Bunch.

I'm working up the Alert for the House bills,  but if you want to be the first to send out letters on HB 2347 (Constitutional Carry) and HB 2543 (Firearms Preemption), the letters are waiting at our Action Center.

Fred

Thanks for the Action Center instant letter Fred.