Thread: Anti-Gun Banks

Post imported post

I'm getting involved with a firearms accessory startup company. I have heard some banks have exhibited anti-gun tendencies (OC/CC or otherwise).I will be in a position to help direct business away from them. Does anyone have a list of major nat'l banks that are anti-gun? Alternately, anyone know of any banks that have been supportive? We will be based in Colorado.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post imported post

I know there were some problems with Wachovia as reported by the VCDL but that was before the merger with Wells Fargo. Plus, that was in VA so things could be different in CO.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

TCF doesn't much care for them. I am going to carry into one in the next week or so and I will let you know how it goes. When I talked to one manager they said they don't like it but she wouldn't really commit to saying that I couldn't.

Post imported post

I have no idea, I only CCW when in banks. Just my preference, don't need to be questioned while making withdrawls deposits.

jskp229 wrote:
    I'm getting involved with a firearms accessory startup company. I have heard some banks have exhibited anti-gun tendencies (OC/CC or otherwise).I will be in a position to help direct business away from them. Does anyone have a list of major nat'l banks that are anti-gun? Alternately, anyone know of any banks that have been supportive? We will be based in Colorado.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    I have no idea, I only CCW when in banks. Just my preference, don't need to be questioned while making withdrawls deposits.
    See that's exactly why a CHP is useful! When you would just rather not be bothered. On a Sunday afternoon, Bright and Sunny, nothing to do: Sure I'll answer some questions and put on a smile.. On a cold, rainy, Monday morning; I just want in and out- no questions.

Post imported post

Haven't had any problems at all open carrying at Wells Fargo around town.

Post imported post

Attitude? A nice smile and nod to the guard, and a friendly, "Hello! How are you this morning? Yes, I'd like to withdraw $200 from my account, here's the number..." to the clerk.

If someone asks you why you're carrying a firearm in a bank, simply say, "it's Colorado state law." Let them figure it out. If they ask, "What? That you have to?" Answer, "No - just that I can. Excuse me, please."

Wear a brightly-colored yellow jacket that makes you look like you're part of some outdoor or mountain rescue team.

I do. It's just that mine has the name of an air museum on it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.