• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ms. Pelosi. . . You might want to pay attention here.

hardballer

imported post

A *Very Serious* Warning To Nancy Pelosi

I know you're not going to listen to me.
I'm going to say it anyway, because as a concerned citizen of The United States of America, I must.
You are making a grave, perhaps nation-ending mistake.
Attempting to "deem" the HealthCare bill passed when it has not actually been voted on is not Constitutional. Article 1, Section 7:
All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.
This is the black-letter law of the land.
There are millions of Americans who are extraordinarily pissed off right now. Some of them, like me, write scathing columns on The Internet orwe rant on Talk Radio andTelevision (such as Judge Napolitano)
But some just smolder. Some remember the other founding document of our Republic, The Declaration of Indpendence, which says, in part:
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
That doesn't sound so good. What has tempered these people is largely what always has in all nations, that is:
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
Indeed.

Read the full article here.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Forum Rules:
[align=center][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][/font][/align]
[align=center][font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]******************[/font][/align] [font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry,firearms and gun rights. Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focussed. If you think the post is questionable, please don't post it. Thanks![/font]

[align=center]******************
[/align][align=left]Nothing against harballer, but we need to stick to OC related issues only here.[/align][align=left]
[/align]

hardballer

imported post

My bad, I am duly chastised and repentant. I will, in the future, be more mindful of this websites purpose and direction of content.

Thanks for the heads up bnhcomputing. Really. :)

Yooper

imported post

http://gunowners.org/a031610.htm

This relates the healthcare bill to guns.....and OC is kind of dependent on owning guns ;) so the health care bill has effects on OC....:D

Nice to know our elected officials are using unconstitutional "voting" methods to "vote" in an unconstitutional bill. I fear it will pass, and if it does, PRAY that the U.S.S.C. will over turn the whole thing in such away that it is clear to everyone that they shouldn't waste taxpayer dollars trying to do it again.

hardballer

imported post

Yooper wrote:
http://gunowners.org/a031610.htm

This relates the healthcare bill to guns.....and OC is kind of dependent on owning guns ;) so the health care bill has effects on OC....:D

Nice to know our elected officials are using unconstitutional "voting" methods to "vote" in an unconstitutional bill. I fear it will pass, and if it does, PRAY that the U.S.S.C. will over turn the whole thing in such away that it is clear to everyone that they shouldn't waste taxpayer dollars trying to do it again.
Was kinda what I thought too but I don't have an ego in this so I'm good to go. There are plenty of other sites that will cover this unfathomable usurpation of our Constitutional rights.