• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to the site!!!

Brada2

imported post

hello everybody, i must say that im pleased to see a website like this!

I'm from Bakersfield California and as most of you know the gun laws are a bit restrictive! (understatement)

if there are any OC-ers here in Bakersfield i'm more than glad to count you as one of my constituents!

i look forward to participating as much as possible,

Brada2

pullnshoot25

imported post

Brada2 wrote:

I'm from Bakersfield California and as most of you know the gun laws are a bit restrictive! (understatement)

if there are any OC-ers here in Bakersfield i'm more than glad to count you as one of my constituents!

Brada2
Huh?

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Brada2 wrote:

Brada2
Huh?
Yeah, I was with them until the constituents. Maybe they are under the belief they represent others?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Brada2 wrote:

Brada2
Err....what?

wewd

imported post

Sometimes I wish I were in Bakersfield because in Kern county once you are outside of incorporated city limits, you can carry loaded. No county bans on shooting there.

coolusername2007

imported post

wewd wrote:
Sometimes I wish I were in Bakersfield because in Kern county once you are outside of incorporated city limits, you can carry loaded. No county bans on shooting there.
Uuuhhhh, have you ever been to Bakersfield? I would really like to LOC, but Bakersfield? I don't know. :cool:

DEFENSOR

imported post

Ya, been to B'field Oildale many times. I think that there should be an exception to allow LOC in the incorporated areas as well :lol:

Brada2

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
Perhaps the OP just meant associates, or comrades, or some such, and merely misspoke.

Welcome to OCDO Brada2.

thank you for your understanding mudcamper....is everyone here a lawyer?

if i misspoke im truly sorry but i dont think that is a good way to encourage people, especially new members to join you in the fight to protect our rights....ive been reading posts for about 3 days now and it seems like some members here are a bit abrasive.....and for the most part argumentative.

im not here to B***H or try and dictate the rules of this forum, but i think a little understanding could go along way to help our cause starting with the "newbies" here on this forum!

Californians rights are at stake and every informed law abiding citizen helps us along the way.

(i hope i didn't misspeak!) :uhoh:

Brada2

imported post

wewd wrote:

i actually live in oildale, so does that mean i COULD carry loaded.......i dont think i would do that just yet......so far i only OC when i take my dog out @ 3-4 in the morning.....(so there's not much going on)

brada2

PincheOgro1

imported post

Brada2 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
Perhaps the OP just meant associates, or comrades, or some such, and merely misspoke.

Welcome to OCDO Brada2.

if i misspoke im truly sorry but i dont think that is a good way to encourage people, especially new members to join you in the fight to protect our rights....ive been reading posts for about 3 days now and it seems like some members here are a bit abrasive.....and for the most part argumentative.

im not here to B***H or try and dictate the rules of this forum, but i think a little understanding could go along way to help our cause starting with the "newbies" here on this forum!

Californians rights are at stake and every informed law abiding citizen helps us along the way.

Brada,

don't worry about it. My first post I was accused of "crimes against humanity", and told I was guilty of "everything", from misdemeanors to felonies. I just described an OC outing at a GUN SHOW. lol A GUN SHOW.... I almost wanted to leave and never return because of some of the attitudes. You are right belligerent and argumentative. But there is a lot of information here and if you weed through the BS, you can and do learn things!

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Brada2 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:

Welcome to OCDO Brada2.

Just get a little thicker skin. We called out the word to get clarity from you. Sorry if in doing so we didn't spell it out for a new guy to understand.

Great first post Brada2! Just for clarity sake, what was meant by the term "constituents" in the statement?

Brada2

imported post

Theseus wrote:
Brada2 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:

Welcome to OCDO Brada2.

Just get a little thicker skin. We called out the word to get clarity from you. Sorry if in doing so we didn't spell it out for a new guy to understand.

Great first post Brada2! Just for clarity sake, what was meant by the term "constituents" in the statement?

what i meant in using the word constituents was that we all represent ourselves and each other when OCing. if you or i or anyone for that matter acts like a fool and gets arrested for brandishing or being drunk (I saw that in another post) we all get a lot of unwanted media attention that we want nor deserve, however to the general public we all look bad....

thank you all for the welcomes,

again i look forward to participating in this great movement and forum!

Brad a2

wewd

imported post

Brada2 wrote:
wewd wrote:

i actually live in oildale, so does that mean i COULD carry loaded.......i dont think i would do that just yet......so far i only OC when i take my dog out @ 3-4 in the morning.....(so there's not much going on)

brada2

Oildale is unincorporated, so yes, you could carry loaded in Oildale. But you must be sure to never cross into the borders of an incorporated city while carrying loaded, or you will be in violation of PC 12031. Also, in unincorporated territory, police officers do not have any authority to conduct 12031(e) checks, so you are free to refuse them. And even though it is your legal right to carry loaded in unincorporated Kern county, the sheriff's department may not all know the laws, and you could still face harassment and even false arrest. It's up to you to decide whether you want to do it.

Here's a map of Kern county, with Oildale highlighted in red, showing what areas are incorporated. All of the gray areas are incorporated cities, and you may not carry loaded there. All of the white area is safe to carry loaded. The white outlined areas are unincorporated communities.

wewd

imported post

http://library.municode.com/HTML/16251/level2/T9_C9.20.html

There is a link to Kern County's municipal code regarding weapons. I should note that it is illegal to carry loaded in a county-owned park in Kern County, since that is the only area the county has designated as a no-discharge area,

Note this line of 9.20.010:

C. Discharge of firearms or other dangerous weapons shall continue to be governed by and enforced under state and federal law.

Other than the discharge ban in parks (and thus loaded carry ban), Kern county defers to state law in regards to discharging firearms.

wewd

imported post

I should also add, in case it's not obvious, school zones are still no-go anywhere in the state. But other than that, you should be okay carrying loaded in the majority of Kern County.

Brada2

imported post

wow, thank you! like i said, ive been reading for a few days and never got that part.....i still have alot to learn. i think ill have to stick purely to OCing at night/early morning walking the dog until i know more about all the in's and outs! (or with a group of OCers)

one further question, does loaded mean in the chamber or a mag in the well that's loaded?......both?

PincheOgro1

imported post

Brada2 wrote:
wow, thank you! like i said, ive been reading for a few days and never got that part.....i still have alot to learn. i think ill have to stick purely to OCing at night/early morning walking the dog until i know more about all the in's and outs! (or with a group of OCers)

one further question, does loaded mean in the chamber or a mag in the well that's loaded?......both?
EITHER