• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LA Councilman

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

City councils pass non-binding resolutions because they can't do anything about it otherwise.

The hypocracy these people show is just amazing. I want to go to the meeting to protest the non-binding resolution. Since you can't do anything about it otherwise then shut up with your feel good comments asking a business to not respect the law of the State of California. What happens to us when we no longer respect the laws?

Imagine if Wal-Mart were to say "We hold the safety and well being of all our customers as a high priority. Due to the risk that illnesses such as the H1N1, other flues and common colds pose, to provide a safe and hospitable environment in our stores we will ask all people showing any signs of having a cold, flu or that maintain questionable hygiene will be asked to leave."

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't like how he mixed and matched my quotes to achieve a different meaning, but it is to be expected. Not as bad as it could have been I suppose.

My statement, "Starbucks just wants to be left alone" was in reference to the Brady Bullies harassment, not to open carrier patronage of their stores. He then adds part of my response to a different question to almost reverse my meaning.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Rolling my eyes at these bureaucrats and their do-nothing-feel-good-laws makes my head hurt.

I want these bureaucrats (who are on my dime) to wake up each morning and say to themselves "How can I add value to the people today". Limiting my rights to make others "feel" better is not adding value, just stop it.

Ca Patriot

imported post

This is the same councilman who openly supports illegal aliens and giving them free city benifits.