• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

AZ2CO09

imported post

I speak my mind because it is my right to do so.

I protest politicians when they are wrong because it is my right to do so.

I forbid any LEO to search my car in a traffic stop because it is my right to do so.

I assert my 5A right to remain silent because it is my right to do so.

I practice my religion freely because it is my right to do so.

I OC because it is my right to do so.

I do not care what anyone thinks about me or any movement I might belong to as a result of my decision to exercise any right I have. I do not apologize for OC'ing, as it is my right to do so. If some unwashed left wing nut doesn't like it, I hear Canada is accepting US Citizens to live there.

colorado slick wrote:
I don't want to start a fight here but The reason why most folks open carry has always puzzled me. Is it 'look at me, I have a gun'. I carry concealed in the winter and open carry in the summer when we don't wear a jacket and, yes I do have a CCW. If some guy decides to bust you in the chops and has only his fists, you had better get ready for an ass whippin because, if you pull your weapon, concealed or otherwise, you're in big trouble.

Open carry is a great thing but it hurts our image when someone walks about with a full western style rig, tied down yet. That sort of conduct really hurts the open carry movement. We have to display common sense and do it right.

Colorado slick

ZackL

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
Firepower, I don't think anyone on this panel will disagree with you. I don't

Colorado

But you do disagree with people carrying in a certain way? ... I don't get it. I think that, because it is a right, it also becomes a part of who you are. There are people that open carry full cowboy rigs with 6" 44mag. SA revolvers, but that's not O.K. because they are asserting their personality into their right to carry?

This is just my opinion, but I feel that you should be able to carry whatever you want, whenever you want, however you want, so long as you're within the confines of the law. I'm not an over the top constitionalist, (though I'm not opposed to many of their ideals) and feel that a certain amount of discretion is necessary in certain situations. However, it's up the individual to make that discretionary call, not anyone or anything else.

Carry how you choose, but don't say that others are wrong for carrying in a different manner. Just sayin'.

Zack.

BTW I carry in a nylon holster, nothing flashy here, just don't have a problem with those who are.

(Edited for clarity)

TonyV

imported post

I Open Carry simply because we shouldn't have to beg for a permit to carry. I do not have anything against people with a permit; there are many reasons to take that route.

On the few occasions that virulent anti's have confronted me I just told them to contact their state legislator and ask to have the conceal carry permit law repealed.

cscitney87

imported post

lol I carry in a nylon holster too. It's Way not flashy. The belt loop is starting to stretch out bringing some of the triple stitch with it. It's an AMS (is that right?) they make holsters up in Longmont, Co.

wrightme

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
I don't want to start a fight here but The reason why most folks open carry has always puzzled me. Is it 'look at me, I have a gun'. I carry concealed in the winter and open carry in the summer when we don't wear a jacket and, yes I do have a CCW. If some guy decides to bust you in the chops and has only his fists, you had better get ready for an ass whippin because, if you pull your weapon, concealed or otherwise, you're in big trouble. Odd statement

Open carry is a great thing but it hurts our image when someone walks about with a full western style rig, tied down yet. That sort of conduct really hurts the open carry movement. We have to display common sense and do it right.

Colorado slick
Your opinion, worth the paper it is printed on.

wrightme

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
The brick makes a differance here. If the attacker has nothing but his fists then he will not be considered to be able to inflict deadly force.
BS. Cite to authority. What authority defined it as such?

wrightme

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
Ian, who is the troll? Not me! I have been around for quite a while.

Colorado
"Troll is as Troll does."

The topic is the troll.

You claim to desire common sense, and argue against others who present common sense.

colorado slick wrote:
Jeeez, all I did was suggest common sense be applied and it has resulted in two pages a replys.
Colorado
Maybe what you think is "common sense" isn't as close to it as others believe.

colorado slick wrote:
I don't want to start a fight here but The reason why most folks open carry has always puzzled me. Is it 'look at me, I have a gun'. I carry concealed in the winter and open carry in the summer when we don't wear a jacket and, yes I do have a CCW. Colorado slick
That portion of the OP was sufficient. The rest was trolling.

Pace

imported post

Which part. In Nevada yuo have to use proportional force, the law clearly says "serious injury or life" basically.

If someone threatens you with their fists and you shoot them, you are going to jail. I've always wondered what other choice there is, because this isn't "Kung Fu" the movie where we all can defend ourselves.

wrightme wrote:
colorado slick wrote:
The brick makes a differance here. If the attacker has nothing but his fists then he will not be considered to be able to inflict deadly force.
BS. Cite to authority. What authority defined it as such?