Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: OC in Chuck E Cheese yesterday

  1. #1
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    I had my roommates kids all day yesterday due to their new baby sister being born. Anyway, at the end of the day, we headed to Chuck E Cheese in Kent. I checked the threads on my phone and couldn't really find info on OCing with the exception of a lot of people afraid to try. I'm still waiting on approval for my 30 state carry. I know there is no police there, so I wouldn't take a chance not having my sidearm. Eveything went well and I had a blast. I did speak to the manager about a little girl causing trouble and stealing from tables. She apologized and offered us free pizza that I kindly denied. We had more than enough. Nobody said anything and all went well. I don't know if this was a freak instance or if they are ok with it. I am definitely not ok with anybody trying to disarm me while I have children with me and no police on duty.

  2. #2
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871

    Post imported post

    If you are a resident of Washington, a 30 day permit from somewhere else will not be valid for you here. You will still have to get a Washington permit if you plan to conceal.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  3. #3
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    j2l3 wrote:
    If you are a resident of Washington, a 30 day permit from somewhere else will not be valid for you here. You will still have to get a Washington permit if you plan to conceal.
    Ummm... No, that's why it's offered in WA. Oh, btw, it's a 32 state carry permit now and growing. Look it up, I just did to assure myself on multiple sites.

    ETA: cause it applies... Nobody in the class had a carry permit. They were all residents getting a permit there to carry in WA and other states while they travel. The instructor never told anybody we have to have a WA permit and it's not in any of the literature.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001

    Post imported post

    j2l3 wrote:
    If you are a resident of Washington, a 30 day permit from somewhere else will not be valid for you here. You will still have to get a Washington permit if you plan to conceal.
    You mean 30 state?

    Also, if you're a WA resident, you need the WA CPL. The 30 state permit doesn't cover the state you're a resident of unless you're a Utah resident, since that's the permit you're getting, in which case it would be a Utah resident permit, rather than an out of state resident permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wa, ,
    Posts
    2,769

    Post imported post





    RCW 9.41.073
    Concealed pistol license — Reciprocity.

    [/b](1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

    (b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.


  6. #6
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871

    Post imported post

    Ummmm if you were to actually READ the RCW's...


    [/b](1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

    (b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  7. #7
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871

    Post imported post

    Trigger Dr beat me to it....


    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  8. #8
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    I'm not a lawyer and I did read it. It tells me nothing about having a WA license.

    (1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and (Utah meets requirement)

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license. (Utah meets requirement)

    (b) This section (section B) applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state. (This section does not apply because I am a resident. I am carrying in compliance with the laws anyway. I believe this is directed at non residents because of different state laws than that of WA. maybe this makes more sense if all of it read together. What would happen if you guys highlighted the second part instead of the first?)

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section. (I meet the requirements of 1 a i and ii)

    ...and I don't see what this has to do with Chuck E Cheese

  9. #9
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    This is on DOL.WA.GOV:

    Concealed Weapon Reciprocity
    Washington concealed pistol licenses will be recognized in the following states, and concealed weapons licenses issued in the listed states will be recognized in Washington State, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law.
    Arkansas
    Florida*
    (WA residents only)
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Utah

    NOTE: Handguns must be carried in accordance with the law of the state you are visiting. Be sure to check the laws of the other state before traveling there with your handgun.

    ETA: cause I added it late above, Nobody in the class had a carry permit. They were all residents getting a permit there to carry in WA and other states while they travel. The instructor never told anybody we have to have a WA permit and it's not in any of the literature.

    If I am wrong, don't just tell me I am and throw an RCW up there that does not specifically say I must have a WA permit. Explain it so everyone may understand. I would really like to avoid a potential situation, but I just don't believe that I have to have two licenses that cover the same state.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    Aryk45XD wrote:
    This is on DOL.WA.GOV:

    Concealed Weapon Reciprocity
    Washington concealed pistol licenses will be recognized in the following states, and concealed weapons licenses issued in the listed states will be recognized in Washington State, so long as the handgun is carried in accordance with Washington law.
    Arkansas
    Florida*
    (WA residents only)
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Utah

    NOTE: Handguns must be carried in accordance with the law of the state you are visiting. Be sure to check the laws of the other state before traveling there with your handgun.

    ETA: cause I added it late above, Nobody in the class had a carry permit. They were all residents getting a permit there to carry in WA and other states while they travel. The instructor never told anybody we have to have a WA permit and it's not in any of the literature.

    If I am wrong, don't just tell me I am and throw an RCW up there that does not specifically say I must have a WA permit. Explain it so everyone may understand. I would really like to avoid a potential situation, but I just don't believe that I have to have two licenses that cover the same state.
    In the immortal words of Strother Martin, from Cool Hand Luke, "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

    Aryk, just because your instructor didn't tell you doesn't make it so. Just because he DOES tell you something doesn't make it so. Firearms safety instructors tell their classes quite often that OC is illegal here, but you and I both know that isn't so.

    Now to answer, directly, your point about the RCW.

    (1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license.

    (b) This section applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section.

    You assume that section (b) refers only to section (b). That's a mistake. What it refers to is the whole of section (1). Now read the whole thing with that in mind and you'll see that, if you're a WA resident, you ARE required to have a WA CPL, even though you have the UTAH non-resident permit. Otherwise the clause you're referring to in section (b) would mean, in effect:

    "If you're a non-resident of this state you have to carry in compliance with the laws of the state of WA. Residents do not have to be in compliance."

    See what I mean?

    I hope this helps to clear things up for you.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    172

    Post imported post

    So did you have any kids follow you around? I would have been gawking the whole time when I was little.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    Aryk45XD wrote:
    I'm not a lawyer and I did read it. It tells me nothing about having a WA license.

    (1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and (Utah meets requirement)

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license. (Utah meets requirement)

    (b) This section (section B) applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state. (This section does not apply because I am a resident. I am carrying in compliance with the laws anyway. I believe this is directed at non residents because of different state laws than that of WA. maybe this makes more sense if all of it read together. What would happen if you guys highlighted the second part instead of the first?)

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section. (I meet the requirements of 1 a i and ii)

    ...and I don't see what this has to do with Chuck E Cheese
    For a bit more clarification. RCWs are specified as follows: Title.Chapter.Section (subsections)

    Hence, section refers to .073, not to (b) or even (1)
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  13. #13
    Regular Member NavyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Eastside, Washington, USA
    Posts
    196

    Post imported post

    The Attorney General's website explains this issue.
    Www.ATg.wa.gov/concealedweapons.aspx

    It lists the conditions of reciprocity and then states:

    ..... the permit of an out of state resident will be recognized in WA as long as the permit holder does not become a resident of Washington State.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

  14. #14
    Regular Member Aryk45XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    513

    Post imported post

    Thank you NavyMike. That's what I was looking for. Ok, so now I see that I have to get a WA CPL too. Thanks to everyone else for the effort.
    On another note... It seemed like all the kids didn't care about my firearm or the parents. My roommate's kids kept bringing new friends to play with us and only one parent seemed to notice, but he only gave me a smile and nod.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran Bookman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,424

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    Aryk45XD wrote:
    I'm not a lawyer and I did read it. It tells me nothing about having a WA license.

    (1)(a) A person licensed to carry a pistol in a state the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington is authorized to carry a concealed pistol in this state if:

    (i) The licensing state does not issue concealed pistol licenses to persons under twenty-one years of age; and (Utah meets requirement)

    (ii) The licensing state requires mandatory fingerprint-based background checks of criminal and mental health history for all persons who apply for a concealed pistol license. (Utah meets requirement)

    (b) This section (section B) applies to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state must carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state. (This section does not apply because I am a resident. I am carrying in compliance with the laws anyway. I believe this is directed at non residents because of different state laws than that of WA. maybe this makes more sense if all of it read together. What would happen if you guys highlighted the second part instead of the first?)

    (2) The attorney general shall periodically publish a list of states the laws of which recognize and give effect in that state to a concealed pistol license issued under the laws of the state of Washington and which meet the requirements of subsection (1)(a)(i) and (ii) of this section. (I meet the requirements of 1 a i and ii)

    ...and I don't see what this has to do with Chuck E Cheese
    For a bit more clarification. RCWs are specified as follows: Title.Chapter.Section (subsections)

    Hence, section refers to .073, not to (b) or even (1)
    Thanks for the correction.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •