• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Popped in the Springs

AnaxImperator

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Flyer22 wrote:
In our Colorado forum section, Co. Springs is PRAISED for open carry and the PD is extremely tolerant, as reported. This story comes as a surprise to me; but given the circumstances, I would like to hear more about your story, before passing judgment.

I KNEW THAT.

I'd had NO issues with open carry or anything when I'd pass a cop (city, state, and sherriff) in the Springs before. And that happened quite a few times. I hadn't even been questioned about it in passing!
THE DAY BEFORE, I got pulled over for speeding outside Woodland Park by a sherriff (The first ticket I've ever gotten), and he handled the situation very professionally. If I can find it, I'll even send a copy of that tothose that ask.

Look, I know there's trolls who've come up here going all "woe is me", or "I got shafted and it wasn't my fault", and then they get cought in a lie OR won't provide documentation on it. I was aware of that, when I posted this event on OCDO. I'm not a newcomer, and I knew that documentation of the eventwould be requested by the forum beforehand. I started looking for them BEFORE I even posted here.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT....
I lost everything as result of that arrest. When I walked out, I went downhill. I had no car,no a place to stay (myArmy "friends" didn't want anything to do with me), and nothing butthe clothes on my back andmy$1000 infederal savings bonds.... and when I got kicked out I was a still withdrawing fromthe healthy opiate dependency that I had before going in. I roughed it where Tent City is for a couple days, found a verylow-rent pad and my friendly neighborhood dealer. I'm sure everyone here knows what happened after that.

Igot through thataliveweren't it forthegraces of asocial-worker forPikes Peak Veterans Assistance (Mr. Lindsey, RichCMSgt, ret. Ph# available on request), which specializes in at-risk or incarcerated veterans.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

What are you looking for if not compensation from the municipality/officers that were involved? The way to prevent future such occurrences is through appropriate actions i.e. suit.

Beyond that, I am not sure how you expect or hope for us to respond.

How long ago did this take place?

Yata hey

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
What are you looking for if not compensation from the municipality/officers that were involved? The way to prevent future such occurrences is through appropriate actions i.e. suit.

Yata hey

You obviously didn't really read my initial posting(s), nor the last before yours.

I won't quantify questions which are so obviously flawed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

You obviously didn't really read my initial posting(s), nor the last before yours.

Well now, ask a straight question, get a crooked answer.

Read every word of the thread, so don't throw the "obvious" card.

You've found the papers - great..............and?

You've said you aren't pursuing action...............and?

You've moved on......................and?

What is the point of this thread beyond expressing your frustration and ranting?

Again - how long ago did this alleged incident occur?

Yata hey

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

What is the point of this thread beyond expressing your frustration and ranting?

Yata hey

You may have readevery word, but you *obviously* weren't tracking on their content.

Since I have to point them out; I clearly stated in the 3rd &6th paragraphs where this took place.

Work it out for yourself and I might give you a gold star

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Yata hey

Said when, not where. Is your comprehension low this evening?

Sound of crickets chirping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEnKh0ocb0

Yata hey

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

Yata hey

Said when, not where. Is your comprehension low this evening?

Sound of crickets chirping http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGEnKh0ocb0

Yata hey

Wow. You definitely don't get a gold star.

I got out of the Army last year. I was living in my car because my wife took everything in a bad divorce that same year. The VA's Voc Rehab programgotme into a private tech-school in the Springs so i went there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:

I got out of the Army last year. I was living in my car because my wife took everything in a bad divorce that same year. The VA's Voc Rehab programgotme into a private tech-school in the Springs so i went there.
Great - I can read too - 2009.

"When" encompasses month, day, year - allows confirmation since you do not choose to post a cite. Likely has no merit anyway - as seems to be a done deal.

Army, private tech school, etc have no bearing. Only interest to OCDO is the alleged arrest, which you are not apparently pursuing.

So the point/purpose of this thread is what? - you've declined to answer. Sorry you had the trouble, but fail to get your point. Do you have one?

Yata hey

AnaxImperator

imported post

Bull@#$%? Did you getliedto a lot growing up? Or is it that you'll never take a man's word on anything, right from the get-go, just because you're an @-$-$?

Yes, I called him a dirty name. I've laid out full-grown men for less than insulting me for my word.

Do I have to even post up my DD214 even to prove I was in the Army?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Pointless information - avoidance and ranting.

Best I can determine you have no point but to vent. Done with you.

Yata hey

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Pointless information - avoidance and ranting.

Best I can determine you have no point but to vent. Done with you.

Yata hey

Oh no?

Ignore whatever happened to me as worthless snivellings.

But you still didn't parse the REASON I decided to tell this board about what happened to me.

MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED. AND ON MORE THAN ONE COUNT.

That qualifies it as being of interest to every gun-owner in Colorado Springs, as well as those beyond.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:

Great - I can read too - 2009.

"When" encompasses month, day, year - allows confirmation since you do not choose to post a cite. Likely has no merit anyway - as seems to be a done deal.

Army, private tech school, etc have no bearing. Only interest to OCDO is the alleged arrest, which you are not apparently pursuing.

So the point/purpose of this thread is what? - you've declined to answer. Sorry you had the trouble, but fail to get your point. Do you have one?

Yata hey

[shadow=green]Fast forward to 29 May 2009[/shadow]. Last day of class. I got to class kinda late because I had to pick up my meds (it ties in), and they were already on a ten-minute break. I was in a huge hurry.

Getting mycertificationsand I had a job locked in at a very prestigious LBS in Aspen, and a place to stay; it's safe to say I was really anxious to get to class. Grabbed my backpack, went in, got my coffee, and sat down to enjoy the starting lesson.

Not ten-minutes later three CS cops come in, loudly ask for me, tell me they "want to talk to me for a second. and we go into a side classroom.

Again, you accuse me of not providing vital information. And again, it's right there, if you had onlyREAD my thread, instead of just skimming over it.

AnaxImperator

imported post

........"When" encompasses month, day, year (which I gave) - allows confirmation since you do not choose to post a cite. Likely has no merit anyway - as seems to be a done deal.

Yata hey

No bearing? No bearing?!!? You don't think that a man's honorable service to his country has any bearing on his word being true? An truth hasno bearing in this thread?!? Truth is at the very core of the matter, Sir; in that amongst everything else,THREE Colorado Springs police officers broke the law, and then Perjured themselves when writing the report and the affidavit. And they got away with it.

And do you also think that once a soldier turns in his rifle, hangs up his uniform, and gets his walking papers, the oath and creed he lived by for years, just becomes irrelevant when he has to turn to his fellow countrymen for aid when itis so desperately needed?Doesn't a man's word count for anything?

Sir, had you been standing in front of me, now you wouldn't. I've put men down for less. Count yourself as lucky.

If someone doubts me,thinks that I mightbe asnivelingandshowboating forums troll,but has enough respect to give me a proper chance to prove my word is good,then I wouldgive himthe respect hedeserves and answer his queriesas they should be. I welcome honest skepticism, andwhen properly presented & utilized, can give new avenues of approach that would otherwise be missed...instead if knee-jerk inferences..... or expose me as a sniveling, showboating forums troll. Sir, thatI've seen how you treat people, hiding behind a screen name and eleventeen thousand posts, I now know who the troll is.

KansasMustang

imported post

I think you need to take your case to court. There's plenty of 2A groups out there that might just love to get engaged in your troubles. Sounds like civil suits against the idiot that called the cops, the cops themselves, by name, and the City of Colorado Springs. And the piece of excrement ole Army "Buddy" would be gettin' some too, was it me.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Yeah.... problem is, I can't afford one. And I don't think there's many who would take it pro bono, especially in today's federal climate spasms.

Or maybe there is. And with the help of those who can and want the same thing, I can make sure what happened to me doesn't happen to anybody else.

trailblazer2003

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
Did some googling and found two news articles from May of '09 about an arrest of a student with firearms that fits this scenario in the Springs.
And...? Link URL, comment, truth/bullsnit?

My interest is somewhat due to the $20K of two Green Gear bikes and two Greenspeed trikes out in the bicycle/tractor garage.

M

McX

imported post

well, i can't comment on if the story is true or not. i have learned from personal experience, some of the most unbeleivable crap can happen, to anyone, even me, and be true. so i go with that. obvioulsy you've been put through the mill, both by life, war, and now this incident. time to start documenting the hell out of everything. get everything you can, use freedom of information if necessary, then start hitting the bricks; a.c.l.u., see if the military offers any free legal as a benefit, then go to the yellow pages, and start calling lawyers, see if you can at least get referred to someone on this matter. how far it will go depends alot on your tenacity, and your efforts. a wise man once told me; if you let them get away with it, then you let them. even if you don't get a total victory, but cut some of the pieces out, a win is a win. best thoughts with you, and keep posting.