• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jacksonville, NC/Eastern NC OC meetup

DocWest8404

imported post

Hey, How did the dinner go? Sorry I missed it, we had to take a horse to the Vet's, and didn't get back in time. Shall we start planning for next month?

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think we should either go to Golden Corral or somewhere where people wouldn't mind if we were hanging out after we were done eating, cause this time we had a real good time and lively discussions.

DocWest8404

imported post

Just a crazy (maybe not) thought, what about getting together to do some shooting, then going out to eat afterward? I can see about reserving time at either sportsmans lodge or flatwoods? If nothing else, I can talk to my neighbor's about shooting at my place (thus avoiding range fees) Like I said, just an idea.

CarryOpen

imported post

I would probably be up for something like this also. Just need to know what it will cost us.

I am out of town the weekend of the 22nd and maybe the 7th, but I should be available for other weekends if we nail something down.

DocWest8404

imported post

Honestly, I don't think it would cost anything more than your own ammo, some food (potluck anyone?) and whatever you want to use for targets. I can see about getting some paper targets, maybe do a little friendly competetion (however you spell that) But as soon as I know more, I will let you guys know.

DocsAngel

imported post

Hi everyone, some of you I have already met, I'm Docwest's girlfriend. I'm all about doing a potluck/BBQ out at our place and shooting on the back property. It would be a good opportunity for everyone to get to know everyone else and certainly get in some practice. Well have to explore this one further and see how everyone's schedules can work this one in.

*Angel*

Dreamer

imported post

Ahhh.... Finals are done...

No now th atI have the rest of the summer to do what I want, I'm free for going to OC get-togethers again!!!

So is this "Backyard Range Day/BBQ" thing at Doc's actually a serious option? I'd love to come. I have some of those cool "Zombie Targets", a bunch of standard B-27s, and a whole mess of "mini" B27s (printed on 11x17 paper) that I could bring. And I make pretty good meatballs and Waldorf Salad too. ;)

If it's going to be a weekend I'm not in MD (I'm going to be up there about once a month, every month this summer), I'd be totally up for the drive to J-vile, for some plinkin' and grillin'...

CarryOpen

imported post

This sounds like a great idea, even if we can't shoot, at least we can work in some training. I just hope my FN gets back soon.

DocWest8404

imported post

I'll have an answer by monday, then we can start talking about what weekend. Been really busy over the last couple of days, and in Georgia.