• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jacksonville, NC/Eastern NC OC meetup

DocWest8404

Send me the details or a web link and I will see what I can do. Haven't shot competitive in years. but I would be all about going out and having fun.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

A great turnout tonight to show support for 2nd amendment rights. I would to thank the people who came from out of the Jacksonville,NC area to support this function.There was a show of 8 sidearms on premises most likely the safest restaurant in Eastern NC...

Roll call as follows

DocWest8404 & Sassy9138 & the children
Lawmaker & Wife and children
dreamer
mattwestm & associate
elixin77
Bearfoot & associate
Springfield & Son

Once again thanks to all that showed support & looking forword to the next meet & greet

Bearfoot

It was a pleasure to meet everyone tonight. My girlfriend and I both agreed that the food at Jeff's was great.:D

After we left, went to Dunkin' just down the street for coffee. Inside was a Onslow county deputy with another officer. As we waited our turn in line, in comes one of J'ville's policeman. One older gentleman in the store just kept staring at me. The LEOs just seemed to mind their own business. Nothing said and we shortly left for New Bern. Stopped off at Wally World here in town for a few groceries. Soon as we walked in, the door greeter asked me if I was carrying a 9 mil. His eyes kinda widened when I told him it was a 45. He smiled and told me that his favorite hangdun is an older 1911 A1. All in all, everything is well on the OC front. BTW, love the new Serpa holster.

DocWest8404

Bearfoot, I have to agree, the Serpa is a great holster. Rides great and is very easy to use. And again, it was great to meet the new people and say hi to friends. Looking forward to the next one......

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

Bearfoot, I have to agree, the Serpa is a great holster. Rides great and is very easy to use. And again, it was great to meet the new people and say hi to friends. Looking forward to the next one......

I will say again the food was pretty good & nice to finally add the faces to the names. I 3rd the motion ( BEARFOOT & DOCWEST) the Blackhawk serpa is one of the best for OC or CC..Rides close to the body & nice smooth release...Well worth the money..

M

mattwestm

I just ordered a Serpa CQC for my Beretta 92 on eBay. $33 bucks shipped, not bad. I might order one to replace the iTac holster for my XD. I find the iTac bows away from my body at the top.

SPRINGFIELD_45_ACP

I just ordered a Serpa CQC for my Beretta 92 on eBay. $33 bucks shipped, not bad. I might order one to replace the iTac holster for my XD. I find the iTac bows away from my body at the top.

Matt thats not bad @ all including shipping..That was the mail reason i got rid of the itac. The holster did not ride close to body & was stable when i walked..Bad purchase on behalf..

Dreamer

It was a joy to meet everyone (some new faces, some old acquaintances). I had a good time talking with everyone, and enjoying the get-together. Wee need to do that more often!

Hopefully some of the J-ville crowd can make it up here for the USPSA Match in a few weeks.

And "DocWest", you've got a keeper with "Sassy". Hopefully when her "sentence" in the PRM is over, she'll want to relocate to a "free" state, now that she's got a taste of the Freedom and Liberty of OC here in North Carolina... :monkey

usmc198

OC meetings, Jacksonville, North Carolina

New to the group. Any future OC meeting planned for the Jacksonville, North Carolina area? Thanks in advance.

higabyte

Hey guys, I'll be moving up to Jacksonville on the 15th (next weekend). I'd be down for any upcoming meet n greets after that date.

It's going to take a lot of getting used to the new laws up there. I'm stationed in GA right now and am able to carry everywhere I go.

This mentality is hard to break as when I was in Jacksonville a few weeks ago house hunting I OC'd into Ruby Tuesdays (for lunch) with my wife. Got up to use the head about half way through and as I was walking by the bar to the head, that oh crap moment clicked where I remembered I wasn't in GA no more and in NC you can't carry where alcohol is served and consumed...

I'd love to see these bills getting passed to allow us to carry in such places.

My favorite GA law, probably, is the No Signage Law. Which basically states, a business can put up a no firearm sign, but it holds no legal weight and they must specifically tell you that guns are not welcome at which time you'd need to leave or face criminal trespass.

I'm also in search of any NC Gun Organizations to join and help support the cause. I'm currently a member of GeorgiaCarry.org, however, not a huge fan of NRA.

Last edited:

cricketdad

Hey guys, I'll be moving up to Jacksonville on the 15th (next weekend). I'd be down for any upcoming meet n greets after that date.

It's going to take a lot of getting used to the new laws up there. I'm stationed in GA right now and am able to carry everywhere I go.

This mentality is hard to break as when I was in Jacksonville a few weeks ago house hunting I OC'd into Ruby Tuesdays (for lunch) with my wife. Got up to use the head about half way through and as I was walking by the bar to the head, that oh crap moment clicked where I remembered I wasn't in GA no more and in NC you can't carry where alcohol is served and consumed...

I'd love to see these bills getting passed to allow us to carry in such places.

My favorite GA law, probably, is the No Signage Law. Which basically states, a business can put up a no firearm sign, but it holds no legal weight and they must specifically tell you that guns are not welcome at which time you'd need to leave or face criminal trespass.

I'm also in search of any NC Gun Organizations to join and help support the cause. I'm currently a member of GeorgiaCarry.org, however, not a huge fan of NRA.

Look into Grass Roots North Carolina. www.grnc.org
I can be reached at faygunshow@grnc.org

usmc198

Any new Meetings Planned?

Anyone know if there are any new meetings planned for the Jacksonville, North Carolina area? Thanks in advance.