• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't try and rob in Toledo, OH

boredstudent

imported post

First on March 14th someone tried to rob a music store. You will have to read first comment because it is hilarious. The reporter originally got the story wrong and they had to fix it.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=429214

Then two days later, a different guy walks in to rob a store and ends up dead
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7335924

In both cases the boss happened to be armed and know how to use his gun and my co-workers really have to ask why when I work at a convenience story would I ever want to get my concealed carry.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

"Lifetime" or "hardcore" criminals such as Evans should have been executed long ago...human wastelike him allowed back out on the street LONG (many years) after he identified himself as a total loser with no reason to continue living is just plain incredible...if it weren't so common nowadays.

What a sorry state of affairs our "justice system" is.

Again..."justice" doesn't work, so by default, it's up to the armed citizen, one criminal at a time.

That's pretty slow going, however,and more criminals are born every day. It's a no-win situation.

-- John D.

MetalChris

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Does Ohio register firearms? If not, then how could the carryout owner (second story) have a registered gun?
1. No.

2. Simple...just yet another display of the ignorance of the lame-stream media.

Huck

imported post

Check out this drivil.

http://www.toledoblade.com/article/20100319/OPINION02/3190305/-1/OPINION

Especially this crap.

Twice in just the past few days, seemingly bad guys were shot while allegedly attempting to rob Toledo stores. Although we're glad the robberies were thwarted and thankful no innocents were injured, we're not sure that store owners and employees defending themselves with deadly force is an absolute good.

So what, according to this idiot, is absolute good? Just helplesslystanding there and meekly letting some lifelong thug kill you?

And "seemingly bad guys"? "The man who was killed at Bengels last weekend tried to kill police officers in 1980."And the guy who tried to rob the music store was holding a gun to a employee's head!

I hope that the retatrd who wrote that article gets a chance to meet and deal with "seemingly bad guys" like those.

boredstudent

imported post

Actually, I believe that you can voluntarily register your guns if you want to which I guess the one guy did.

----
Huck,
What you don't understand is while that man was a previous violent offender he served time and completely changed and meant no harm, he was just trying to show off a new wig and gun to the clerk who clearly overreacted thinking because he felt he was in danger. <end sarcasm>

I should find the article from the blade, 2-3 days ago that was talking about these incidents and it brought up the fact a clerk was killed in 2008 after cooperating, which gives good reason for people wanting to defend themselves. I'm sorry that my policy is if you point a gun at me your intending to kill me, regardless of you just saying you want the money, I have to assume you mean to kill me afterward.

I Love that the guy who got killed had a CLEAR criminal record, keep in mind the same person who wrote the article was probably pissed that the guy who killed those 4 officers in Washington, who if memory serves me also had a history, was "gunned down" by the police. Now we could get into the debate if the motive was revenge for the fallen officers, OR they were just fearing the same fate as the man demonstrated his willingness to kill the police. Either way, he wasn't a law abiding citizen.