• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

He did it to himself

Think

imported post

It was Leonards's unsafe and reckless behavior that put him squarely on the radar of many law enforcement agencies and resulted in his permit being suspended by the Department of Safety. Of the thousands and thousands and thousands of permits floating around the state, it must take a fool of the highest caliber to stumble into that 1% of permit holders who get their permits suspended or revoked. After all, the overwhelming majority (you know, the other 99% of permit holders) have no problems and don't have to worry about their permits being suspended or revoked, because they (like most responsible gun owners) know basic gun safety rules and possess common sense. Now that he's lost the permit, it will be exceedingly difficult for him to get it back, chances are he never will. Which is an excellent thing.

Now evidently he's filed some lawsuits, under the cartoonish notion that he's going to win a valorous battle for the 2nd amendment (or gun rights, or whatever phony bologna reason he wants to concoct)--when reality is he's going to lose these lawsuits--hard. This guy has having difficulty on these forums locating sympathy and support. What do you think people outside these forums think of all this? The fact is that you'd be hard pressed to find sympathy and support for him anywhere else BUT here, as these forums arguably contain the most open minded firearm friendly community available. But many of us here have enough brains to see right through the hollow cries of "I DIDN'T WANT THIS ATTENTION" and "WHAT LAWS DID I BREAK" nonsense. And a judge/jury will too. I can only surmise because of these lawsuits that he has deluded himself into sincerely believing that the judges, the attorneys, and the public will buy into his convoluted crap (something many of us haven't done and his state hasn't done). He believes he's going to 'set the record straight' in court, utterly oblivious to how unbelievably hard he's going to lose and to how he is perceived by anyone who possesses common sense: a laughing stock, a joke, a nut, to everyone outside these forums.

And lets get one thing straight. The stunts he pulled were designed to intentionally draw as much law enforcement attention as possible. This guy casually walked down a busy street with a loaded gun in his hand. And before anyone regurgitates the "IT WAS LEGAL" crap, that doesn't mean anything given the circumstances of what he was doing. Just because something is legal that doesn't magically make it smart, safe, or right. It would be like dressing up in black BDU's and juggling candy in front of a camera set up to record yourself--across the street from a highschool--and then proclaim when you're questioned by police "WHAT LAWS AM I BREAKING? I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE". Bull@#$%, and anyone who falls for that petty excuse is a moron. The behavior is very odd, very suspicious, and anyone with brains knows that it's being done either because that person is a nut or because they're seeking a reaction from the public and law enforcement. Everything he did was to deliberately elicit a response from law enforcement, and we know he anticipated that response by his carrying of an audio recording device.

To summarize, this wasn't big bad government or corrupt cops "out to get him", he brought all of this onto himself. He's going to lose the lawsuits HARD, and he'll never get his permit back. He dug this hole and he has only himself to blame 100% for whatever consequences he faces currently or down the road.

He did it to himself. Just my 2cents, and I really look forward to reading more about how much deeper and deeper he continues to sink in this self-made mess fermenting around him. :)

Think

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
It's people like you that told Rosa to just go to the back of the bus.

You should be proud of yourself. :quirky
Yes of course! Its so simple! Telling a someone they shouldn't walk down a busy street with a loaded gun in their hand is exactly like telling an African American to sit in the back of the bus!

Are you joking hp-hobo? I mean, did you just seriously compare Leonard being criticized for his absurd unsafe behavior, as the equivalent to the systematic oppression and racism that African Americans experienced in the 1950's?

You should be proud of yourself. :quirky