• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My HD/Car Shotty

autosurgeon

imported post

Since lately there has been some discussion about Shotguns....

P1010280.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010274.jpg

P1010276.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010279.jpg

FatboyCykes

imported post

I like it, little pricey for me at this point, but I like it, that shoulder pad looks substantially more comfortable than most others I've looked at...

malignity

imported post

Doesn't look like much recoil absorption. If you fire it at the shoulder it must kick like a mule. :p

Btw, check ebay for mossberg stocks. I've seen ATI tactical stocks on there for $35.

Michigander

imported post

malignity wrote:
Btw, check ebay for mossberg stocks. I've seen ATI tactical stocks on there for $35.
ATI has this disorder with making the LOP about 2" too long. Unless you are 6' 3" or taller, if you buy one, plan on it being unwieldy, or plan on somehow chopping it down like I did with my ATI top folder. :?

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Recoil control is more in how you hold the gun and stand as I learned from Ghostrider...
Nose over toes.

Besides, that recoil pad doesn't look all that bad. Is that really a 14" lop?

On second thought, it looks closer to 15 or 16".

Sweeet.

autosurgeon

imported post

Just so ya know Ghostrider. The one for the 870 is currently on backorder until the first week in April.

So maybe before then you can try mine out and see if you like it before we order one...

BreakingTheMold

imported post

The knoxx spec-ops is great a great stock. When i make my MI pistol It'll be with the Knoxx cop stock. Only downside IMO is that its top folding and not side folding. but that is only a small downside.

GREAT recoil reduction.

ghostrider

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Just so ya know Ghostrider. The one for the 870 is currently on backorder until the first week in April.

So maybe before then you can try mine out and see if you like it before we order one...
Yeah. I figured that out.

When we going?:celebrate

autosurgeon

imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
The knoxx spec-ops is great a great stock. When i make my MI pistol It'll be with the Knoxx cop stock. Only downside IMO is that its top folding and not side folding. but that is only a small downside.

GREAT recoil reduction.
Can't do it they made the Knoxx too long folded on purpose to be a MI Pistol.

It is like 31 inches folded with a 18.5 in barrel.

autosurgeon

imported post

ghostrider wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

Yeah. I figured that out.

When we going?:celebrate
Some time after this weekend as with the Cabelas event and some other stuff I will be too busy for the rest of this week.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i just thought of something....

with a cpl,technically couldnt you drive around with these michigan pistols in a gun rack in our state?

lil_freak_66

imported post

sweet.

i just remembered something i saw last week downtown.

somebody had a gun rack in his old F150,it was an 80's reg cab short bed 2 tone brown truck.

but anywho,he had NRA stickers and a few gun rights stickers.

in his gun rack he had an ice scraper,i thought it was funny,i wanted to talk to him but he went a differnt way than i did after that light.

eastmeyers

imported post

Doesn't it have to be under 26" to be a "pistol"? At least in Michigan? I am unclear on this, I asked a Lt. and he looked up the laws while I was on the phone with him, while I had a ruller in my hand.

God Bless