• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My HD/Car Shotty

autosurgeon

imported post

A shotgun 18 inch barrel or Rifle 16 inch barrel between 26 and 30 inches are still a rifle or shotgun under federal law however under MI law they must be registered as a pistol. This means they can be carried open BC they are registered or concealed under the authority of your CPL. This also means they can be kept loaded in the car.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

no, under 26" is a Short-Barreled Shotgun by Federal law, whereas Michigan law states that under 30" is a pistol.

Therefore a shotgun between 26" and 30" in length would be considered a regular shotgun by Federal law, whereas would be considered a pistol by Michigan law.

ETA: Autosurgeon is faster than me :-(

But I'll leave my reply anyway since its worded different.

autosurgeon

imported post

Well I took it to the range and ran it! It is just as comfortable to shoot as with a regular stock. The fact that it has a real recoil pad makes a huge Diff!

As for the stock it is nice and tight and locks up well in both positions.