Thread: CCW start to finish

Post imported post

How long does it take to get your CCW from the day of the class to when you actually get to get the license?

Post imported post

2 weeks for me well actually 1 week 6 days

edit to add it can take up to 45 days to process your paperwork

Post imported post

Approximately 2 to 4 weeks for you to get your certificate, then another 2 to 4 weeks for the letter saying your CCDWL is waiting at the county sheriff's office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

All told, about 9 months.

6 month residency status, 1 month to schedule next class, 1 week to submit certificate, nearly 2 months to receive permit at the sheriff's office.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Is there no maximum processing time by statute from the date you actually submit your completed application?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

KRS 237.110(7)
    The sheriff shall transmit the application and accompanying material to the Department of State Police within five (5) working days.

KRS 237.110(9)
    The Department of State Police shall, within ninety (90) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (8) of this section, either:
    (a) Issue the license; or
    (b) Deny the application based solely on the grounds that the application fails to qualify under the criteria listed in subsection (3) or (4) of this section. . . .

So, the answer to your question is 95 days (plus any allowance for transfer from the sheriff to the State Police). In actuality, they get this done as fast as humanly possible.

Post imported post

The class is so easy its not even funny. Eleven round out of twentyinto a target that is the size of a human torso at tenfeet.
    Capricorn

Post imported post

Took the class (04-03-10), received the initial paperwork back from The Ky. DOCJTC (04-29-10), received the "flash pack" notification from KSP earlier today (05-21-10). I'll have to pick it up later today on the 22nd though.

IT FINALLY GOT HERE! *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Post imported post

neuroblades wrote:
    Took the class (04-03-10), received the initial paperwork back from The Ky. DOCJTC (04-29-10), received the "flash pack" notification from KSP earlier today (05-21-10).* I'll have to pick it up later today on the 22nd though. *

IT FINALLY GOT HERE! *LOL*
    Lucky you... I took my class on March 14th, got my certificate to take to the sheriff's office 3 weeks ago, saw the check clear almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard from my local office for pickup yet....

Post imported post

Well, give them another 2 weeks and if by then you haven't see or heard from them, go down to the sheriff's office and check. I've been told that some people dont' receive the notification from KSP for some reason.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE