• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW start to finish

storm22

imported post

How long does it take to get your CCW from the day of the class to when you actually get to get the license?

Ruderpinne

imported post

2 weeks for me well actually 1 week 6 days :D:D

edit to add it can take up to 45 days to process your paperwork

FightingGlock19

imported post

Approximately 2 to 4 weeks for you to get your certificate, then another 2 to 4 weeks for the letter saying your CCDWL is waiting at the county sheriff's office.

chris in va

imported post

All told, about 9 months.

6 month residency status, 1 month to schedule next class, 1 week to submit certificate, nearly 2 months to receive permit at the sheriff's office.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Is there no maximum processing time by statute from the date you actually submit your completed application?

Yata hey

MgoBlue

imported post

KRS 237.110(7)
The sheriff shall transmit the application and accompanying material to the Department of State Police within five (5) working days.

KRS 237.110(9)
The Department of State Police shall, within ninety (90) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (8) of this section, either:
(a) Issue the license; or
(b) Deny the application based solely on the grounds that the application fails to qualify under the criteria listed in subsection (3) or (4) of this section. . . .

So, the answer to your question is 95 days (plus any allowance for transfer from the sheriff to the State Police). In actuality, they get this done as fast as humanly possible.

neuroblades

imported post

Took the class (04-03-10), received the initial paperwork back from The Ky. DOCJTC (04-29-10), received the "flash pack" notification from KSP earlier today (05-21-10). I'll have to pick it up later today on the 22nd though. :)

IT FINALLY GOT HERE! *LOL*

rschwalbe

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
Took the class (04-03-10), received the initial paperwork back from The Ky. DOCJTC (04-29-10), received the "flash pack" notification from KSP earlier today (05-21-10).  I'll have to pick it up later today on the 22nd though. :) 

IT FINALLY GOT HERE! *LOL*

Lucky you... I took my class on March 14th, got my certificate to take to the sheriff's office 3 weeks ago, saw the check clear almost 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard from my local office for pickup yet....

neuroblades

imported post

Well, give them another 2 weeks and if by then you haven't see or heard from them, go down to the sheriff's office and check. I've been told that some people dont' receive the notification from KSP for some reason.