• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

April 17-18th 4 WI Appleseeds

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

In commemoration of April 19th 1775, there will be a nation wide celebration by hosting a record number of Appleseeds with a record number of shooters at coordinated events accross the states including California, New York, Massechusetts and Illinois. Here in WI there will be Appleseeds at Suamico (Green Bay), Hubertus, Lodi, Hubertus and Spooner.

As always, Women, Children under 21 and Active Duty Military shoot free with the exception of range fees at some ranges.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:

That's not until June.....:)

I encourage anyone near La Crosse to attend that one also. Right now, we are in a crunch time for the April 19th (17-18th) Appleseeds as we have a low pre registration count, especially for the Suamico (Green Bay) shoot. It is in danger of being cancelled if people do not step forward.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns.
Even you arewelcome to attend an AppleseedDoug......:p

That being said, stop trolling my thread. See rule #2. This post is on topic at an equal or even greater standing as much of the volume of threads.

Appleseedis not about promoting the Open Carry of Long Guns. It is about Essential Marksmanship including basic firearm safety. This safety instruction applies directly to the carry of hand guns.;)

It is also about the history of our freedom and liberty. A small part of the program is a discussion of the events leading up to April 19th 1775. It is about encouraging people to get involved in politics.

There is nothing anti-government about the Appleseed program, so don't bother with that angle in any ignorant criticism you may attempt...

2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.
STFU

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

That's not until June.....:)

I encourage anyone near La Crosse to attend that one also. Right now, we are in a crunch time for the April 19th (17-18th) Appleseeds as we have a low pre registration count, especially for the Suamico (Green Bay) shoot. It is in danger of being cancelled if people do not step forward.
Sorry, IK. I was not paying close enough attention.

protias

imported post

I wish I had enough .308 ammo for this, otherwise I would do it.

professor gun

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
STFU
Ditto on what Brokensproket said. Go troll somewhere else, Doug.

Introducing new shooters to firearms in a safe training environment helps all of us regardless of the specific venue and regardless of which firearms rights issue we are dealing with. I have seen several new shooters start with long guns, get interested in handguns, and gradually move to consideration (and support) of both open and concealed carry.

jwayne972

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
STFU
Your acronym obscenities are uncalled for. Doug simply states the rules of the forum, and IK justified his post as complying to said rules. Your credibility dwindles.

Cobbersmom

imported post

professor gun wrote:
Ditto on what Brokensproket said. Go troll somewhere else, Doug.

Introducing new shooters to firearms in a safe training environment helps all of us regardless of the specific venue and regardless of which firearms rights issue we are dealing with. I have seen several new shooters start with long guns, get interested in handguns, and gradually move to consideration (and support) of both open and concealed carry.
And ditto what you said. I started out with a 12g shotgun, hoping to learn to shoot clays and eventually on to grouse.
I appreciate the posting here. If I wasn't involved with something else that weekend, I'd definitely be there.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

jwayne972 wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
STFU
Your acronym obscenities are uncalled for. Doug simply states the rules of the forum, and IK justified his post as complying to said rules. Your credibility dwindles.

Hey, John Wayne. WTF? The line that Master Troll highlighted is not relevant to what IK posted. Appleseed had NOTHING to do withpromoting the carry of long guns.

Its about Marksmanship at the range, not OC of long guns. That is why I reacted to Master Troll. He is quite inteligent, an awesome web researcher, but his attitude sucks and I am starting to get impatient with his BS.

professor gun

imported post

Many of us are getting tired of the attitude and behavior of the Master Troll on this forum.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Fortunately, 'professor, not your approval nor anyone's is required or requested.

Mr. Huffman,

You are correct.

For the most part, you are a valuable part of this online community.

But sometimes you do rufflefeathers.

I bet you would be fun to have a few beers with, UNLESS you decide that you didn't like me.

I apologize if I offended you. Posting "STFU" was out of line. If I was in a better mood, I would have said what I wanted to less offensively.