• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm all set for that OC motorcycle ride now

mastiff69

imported post

If it is a weekend i am in, work during the week right now.

Temp is not a issue for me or the wife. As long as there is no ice on the road.

And the 10 cent question is where are we going to meet and where are we going to ?

EM87

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
And the 10 cent question is where are we going to meet and where are we going to ?

That is definitely the question to be asking.

The original ride was proposed by lapeer20m for the east side - Flint to Port Huron on June 5 or 6. If you guys are up for it, I would like to do one sooner in SW MI. I figure we'll give it a few weeks for the weather to warm up.

As for where, that's a very good question. I don't know any scenic roads around here.

sevenplusone

imported post

EM87 wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

That is definitely the question to be asking.

The original ride was proposed by lapeer20m for the east side - Flint to Port Huron on June 5 or 6. If you guys are up for it, I would like to do one sooner in SW MI. I figure we'll give it a few weeks for the weather to warm up.

As for where, that's a very good question. I don't know any scenic roads around here.
For what it's worth I have 3-4 buddies who I ride with, we always welcome in more riders as long as you're a safe rider (which includes the fact you better be packing).

sevenplusone

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
11 cent question day ride, or weekend ride,

(a day ride is usually less than 200 miles)

(weekendride friday evening to sunday evening usually up to 600 miles)

Probably a day ride. I for one have an event-unfriendly schedule so don't plan around me...that said...a lot of times I'm free for short rides during the week (a lot of mondays and tuesdays if somebody just wanted to bounce around GR or something and grab some ice cream or dinner sometime let me know.

One of my favorite rides is up through the Cannonsburg area and wind up at the Rockford Corner Bar (really more of a restaurant than a bar, but you'd have to have a CPL). I have never OC'd there to this point...that likely will change soon.

EM87

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I think we should start with a day ride... I can work up a nice rout as I ride allot around the SW area.

I also vote for a day ride. I think I speak for more than just myself when I say that I appreciate you taking the time to plan a route for the ride.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

I think We should meet in the middle for lunch. Since there are a few of us on the west, and a few on the east both sides should find a gathering place to meet then each side should ride to the halfway point for a meal and a small ride together, then return to our side.

EM87

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
For what it's worth I have 3-4 buddies who I ride with, we always welcome in more riders as long as you're a safe rider (which includes the fact you better be packing).

I would love to ride with a group of people if you'd let me come along. I haven't been riding with anyone in years (which is mostly because I haven't had a motorcycle for years) so I'm excited at the possibility. What are your rides generally like?

EM87

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
  I think We should meet in the middle for lunch. Since there are a few of us on the west, and a few on the east both sides should find a gathering place to meet then each side should ride to the halfway point for a meal and a small ride together, then return to our side.

I like this idea! Yous guys better be sure you don't cross onto our side or things might get rough! :p

Kidding, of course. I thought it was funny that we have our separate "sides".

cabman1

imported post

seeings I cant ride right now do to knee needing worked on maybe the meeting could be in Jackson and we could do a bbq at my moms property cause she has a huge yard so parking is no problem and Jackson is about half way!!!!

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Yeah I considered that, but I knew the level headed could figure it out. I just noticed that there are a few from K-zoo, Battle Creek, Grand Rapids, kent county etc from the west, and the east has Ann Arbor, flint, warren, washington etc. so we could have to groups riding to the center to meet up as one larger group. It would be an eye opener if we could show good numbers with open carry.