Thread: Do you want to support the Special Olympics?

Post imported post

Sometimes I wonder what more I can do for the Special Olympics. I also don't mind eating desserts. If your someone who loves a good time and desserts to boot let's see if we can have a get together on the OC calendar.

GoDSpeeD

http://www.claimjumper.com/include/f...SaloonPage.pdf

Post imported post

I really like this idea, but I have to ask, does the non-LEO purchases go towards this charity as well?

I think this will give us great exposure to Open carry around LEO's, and those who are critical of OC can really see that we are not much different than they are.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Post imported post

I think it's important to remember the Special Olympics.....

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

Of course, which is why I wanted to confirm that our (non-LEO) purchases would go towards the donation. The OC is just a kicker.
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Post imported post

As the flyer said 20% of the dessert purchases would go toward the Special Olympics. If I went I would probably only eat dessert.

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

I will be happy to give to the special Oly but I will not be seen in a Claim Jumper as they have a no gun policy. When I findit I will post it.

Post imported post

Here is a thread from AZ if they dont allow it in AZ then I wont be a part of them.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...t=claim+jumper

Post imported post

Their FAQ answered what was going to be my next question...

14. FRANCHISE INFORMATION

We do not offer franchise or joint venture opportunities. Claim Jumper Restaurants, LLC owns and manages all of our restaurants
    I wasn't sure if they were franchised or not. Had they been, I would have been torn between wanting to support the local franchise owner they may support OC... But since they're all corp O&O then I say avoid all as you would avoid one.

Guess this means we should figure out an alternative way to donate to Special Olympics... Perhaps directly is the best option? https://secure.specialolympics.org/s...={WDdoorg0609} Or go to specialolympics.org and on the right is a smallish "ad" that says "be a fan" and "donate" in red (if you're leery of clicking a link to donate). Don't think it's right to short the Speical Olympics for Claim Jumpers failure.

Side note: Perhaps click the "honor and memorial giving" box and then "send acknowledgement card"... maybe in honor of Second Amendment, acknowledgement card to Claim Jumpers corporate offices, and in the note something about the size of your donation that would have graced their business should they have chosen to support the 2nd Amendment.

Claim Jumper Restaurants
    16721 Millikan Avenue
    Irvine, CA 92606

P - 949.756.9001
    P - 800.949.4538
    F - 949.756.8733

Come up with something better and Form like. Probably a bigger impact if they receive them all looking the same... and pass it around... I haven't donated yet, I'll wait until we have a form.

Post imported post

Here is my thought for a "form letter" donation... The sooner we pick one, the sooner we can spread it via other forums and facebook etc...
    In honor of:
    Second Amendment

Claim Jumper Restaurants
    16721 Millikan Avenue
    Irvine, CA 92606
    United States

This donation, made in lieu of attending your restaurants Tip-A-Cop event, is lost income ($xxx) for your disregard of customers 2nd Amendment rights.
    That is exactly 150 characters, meaning you can donate up to $999 by replacing the xxx and make the limit.

Other ideas? Or perhaps as long as they all go in honor of Second Amendment it'll make the point and you can make your own note?

Post imported post

Well if Claim Jumper is anti-OC then CJ and the Special Olympics lost out. I wonder if I should try to go OC anyways and find out what exact policy is.

If they let me sit down, I'll buy a dessert!

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
    Well if Claim Jumper is anti-OC then CJ and the Special Olympics lost out. I wonder if I should try to go OC anyways and find out what exact policy is.

GoDSpeeD
    They might let you sit, order and eat and pay. Then tell you they dont want you in there. That is how these things work most of the time. Just my 2 cents.

Post imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:

GoDSpeeD
    It seems that it may be just certain stores/areas that are anti-OC/anti-firearm. If you read the linked thread above there are reports by other areas that they don't have a problem. Perhaps there won't be a problem in Nevada.

Had it been franchised, I would have considered supporting local owners that support my right. But since they're all corporate owned and operated, I personally would like to see them have a policy to respect the rights of all their customers regardless of the location. So, I won't be attending the local CJ either.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've OC'd in Claim Jumper on Sahara & Ft Apache.

Post imported post

I love Claimjumper, their desserts and food are out of this world. It's a shame that their corporate policy is one that endangers their patrons by ensuring only those people who don't care about rules and regulations will be carrying weapons in their restaurants. Sadly, if this is confirmed I will no longer be enjoying their food.

I'm really getting tired of seeing places that hide behind the "For the safety of our customers" fallacy I wish people would begin to think instead of being ruled by an irrational fear of an inanimate object.

I think more companies need to take Starbucks line "We abide by state and federal law"

Post imported post

Oddly enough I got their corporate phone number today to complain about service in one of their stores. Maybe I should make a policy phone call...

GoDSpeeD