• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you want to support the Special Olympics?

flagellum

imported post

I really like this idea, but I have to ask, does the non-LEO purchases go towards this charity as well?

I think this will give us great exposure to Open carry around LEO's, and those who are critical of OC can really see that we are not much different than they are.

flagellum

imported post

Of course, which is why I wanted to confirm that our (non-LEO) purchases would go towards the donation. The OC is just a kicker.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

As the flyer said 20% of the dessert purchases would go toward the Special Olympics. If I went I would probably only eat dessert.

GoDSpeeD

Vegassteve

imported post

I will be happy to give to the special Oly but I will not be seen in a Claim Jumper as they have a no gun policy. When I findit I will post it.

gmijackso

imported post

Their FAQ answered what was going to be my next question...

14. FRANCHISE INFORMATION

We do not offer franchise or joint venture opportunities. Claim Jumper Restaurants, LLC owns and manages all of our restaurants

I wasn't sure if they were franchised or not. Had they been, I would have been torn between wanting to support the local franchise owner they may support OC... But since they're all corp O&O then I say avoid all as you would avoid one.

Guess this means we should figure out an alternative way to donate to Special Olympics... Perhaps directly is the best option? https://secure.specialolympics.org/...s/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?msource={WDdoorg0609} Or go to specialolympics.org and on the right is a smallish "ad" that says "be a fan" and "donate" in red (if you're leery of clicking a link to donate). Don't think it's right to short the Speical Olympics for Claim Jumpers failure.

Side note: Perhaps click the "honor and memorial giving" box and then "send acknowledgement card"... maybe in honor of Second Amendment, acknowledgement card to Claim Jumpers corporate offices, and in the note something about the size of your donation that would have graced their business should they have chosen to support the 2nd Amendment.

Claim Jumper Restaurants
16721 Millikan Avenue
Irvine, CA 92606

P - 949.756.9001
P - 800.949.4538
F - 949.756.8733

Come up with something better and Form like. Probably a bigger impact if they receive them all looking the same... and pass it around... I haven't donated yet, I'll wait until we have a form.

gmijackso

imported post

Here is my thought for a "form letter" donation... The sooner we pick one, the sooner we can spread it via other forums and facebook etc...
In honor of:
Second Amendment

Claim Jumper Restaurants
16721 Millikan Avenue
Irvine, CA 92606
United States

This donation, made in lieu of attending your restaurants Tip-A-Cop event, is lost income ($xxx) for your disregard of customers 2nd Amendment rights.
That is exactly 150 characters, meaning you can donate up to $999 by replacing the xxx and make the limit.

Other ideas? Or perhaps as long as they all go in honor of Second Amendment it'll make the point and you can make your own note?

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Well if Claim Jumper is anti-OC then CJ and the Special Olympics lost out. I wonder if I should try to go OC anyways and find out what exact policy is.

If they let me sit down, I'll buy a dessert!

GoDSpeeD

Vegassteve

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
Well if Claim Jumper is anti-OC then CJ and the Special Olympics lost out. I wonder if I should try to go OC anyways and find out what exact policy is.

GoDSpeeD
They might let you sit, order and eat and pay. Then tell you they dont want you in there. That is how these things work most of the time. Just my 2 cents.

gmijackso

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:

GoDSpeeD

It seems that it may be just certain stores/areas that are anti-OC/anti-firearm. If you read the linked thread above there are reports by other areas that they don't have a problem. Perhaps there won't be a problem in Nevada.

Had it been franchised, I would have considered supporting local owners that support my right. But since they're all corporate owned and operated, I personally would like to see them have a policy to respect the rights of all their customers regardless of the location. So, I won't be attending the local CJ either.

omegadeity

imported post

I love Claimjumper, their desserts and food are out of this world. It's a shame that their corporate policy is one that endangers their patrons by ensuring only those people who don't care about rules and regulations will be carrying weapons in their restaurants. Sadly, if this is confirmed I will no longer be enjoying their food.

I'm really getting tired of seeing places that hide behind the "For the safety of our customers" fallacy:banghead: I wish people would begin to think instead of being ruled by an irrational fear of an inanimate object.

I think more companies need to take Starbucks line "We abide by state and federal law"

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Oddly enough I got their corporate phone number today to complain about service in one of their stores. Maybe I should make a policy phone call...

GoDSpeeD