Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a Utah non-resident permit class?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Good evening!

Our company, Proactive Shooters is seeking to expand our base and we are looking to Kentucky. We conduct the class required for the highly sought after Utah non-resident carry permit. We routinely travel throughout the country to conduct this class.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to see if anyone was interested in a class for this permit. The cost of the class is $85 and the course runs about 6 hours. If we get a good showing of folks who are interested in taking the class, we can begin scheduling one in Ky.

Replies here are welcome!

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I just visited handgunlaw.us. It looks like the only thing a Utah non-resident permit would give a person with a KY CDWL is the ability to carry in the state of Washington. Am I correct, or am I missing something? Now, I do have family in Washington, so that is a factor for me. I was just disappointed to see that I would gain no additional states.

Post imported post

I'm not interested ...although I'd like some SPAM to go with my eggs and baked beans
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry.org Member View Post
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

$85 ?
    6 Hours?

My class (Taught at Cabela's) was $70 & 3 hrs.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
    Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit, class instruction, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application and receive Utah CFP.
    Tuesdays, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Location: Steelhead Room.

Post imported post

Ha, you goobs go ahead and sell the 30 state deal. My KY issued CCDWL is good in 36 states
    I really disgree with this one! That means that we can have any yahoo running around with a gun with out the proper training. This really scares the hell out of me. Just my two-cents!
    Joe Schmedlap out there with a loaded weapon thinking he's going to deter crime and he's not even trained to fire his weapon safely just kinda makes my hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Post imported post

My KY issued CCDWL is good in 36 states
    I find only 33 states that honor Kentucky, well 34 if you count Wisconsin for Open Carry. Still more than Utah but Ky does not issue a non-resident license, so one must go with Utah for that.

My Washington residence license now allows me to carry in Florida.

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Ha, you goobs go ahead and sell the 30 state deal. My KY issued CCDWL is good in 36 states
    Ain't no such thing as a CCDWL. Check your license and you'll see it's a CDWL. Jus sayin'!

Post imported post

MgoBlue is correct on that its one "c" not two. Must have gotten the two "c" from con-ceal which is just one word. Lol:celebrate
    Capricorn

Post imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
    MgoBlue is correct on that its one "c" not two. Must have gotten the two "c" from con-ceal which is just one word. Lol:celebrate
    Either way, those guys are wasting their time in the KY forum, eh?

Post imported post

catass what do you mean by that statement
    Capricorn

Post imported post

MgoBlue wrote:
    I just visited handgunlaw.us. It looks like the only thing a Utah non-resident permit would give a person with a KY CDWL is the ability to carry in the state of Washington. Am I correct, or am I missing something? Now, I do have family in Washington, so that is a factor for me. I was just disappointed to see that I would gain no additional states.
    You are correct in that for someone with aKy permit, Washington State would be the only current addition. Now, Utah is very good about adding other states so the possibility is that more states will come along. Some folks also may be leaving Ky for other states and might desire to have a permit such as Utah's. We've done classes in states where someone might only benefit from adding a few states but they have plans to relocate and that is their reason for getting the Utah permit. In any event, it never hurts to ask and that is why we posted here.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    $85 ?
    6 Hours?

My class (Taught at Cabela's) was $70 & 3 hrs.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
    Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit, class instruction, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at http://www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application and receive Utah CFP.
    Tuesdays, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Location: Steelhead Room.

Utah recommends a minimum of 4 hours for the class. Ours runs 6 hours. Some instructors do it in 8, some take 2 days and add a shooting component. It all depends on the instructor's wishes. Our price is pretty competative in comparison to some. Just 2 hours north of our headquarters, instructors get $125-150 for the Utah permit class.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

catass wrote:
    Either way, those guys are wasting their time in the KY forum, eh?
    Sorry that you feel that way. We never view the offer of quality firearms training as a waste of time.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

I don't think Utah has the power to "add any states" when it comes to other states recognizing their license.

Post imported post

langzaiguy wrote:
    I don't think Utah has the power to "add any states" when it comes to other states recognizing their license.
    What I meant is that Utah initiates communication with other states so that reciprocity agreements are formed.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

catass the training that I went through was a week not this one day eight hour thing. We study the laws of CCDW and watch videos on different scenerios. We then went to the range and shot 50-100 rounds at different distance. We shot in just about every position and in low light. So my training was a little bit more then the one day thing. If it was up to me that will be the standard because we have to many people with guns that don't know how to use them properly. Forgive me if I step on anyone toes in here. But we all :I hope are grown ups and we should get over that. Now that I have spokenmy peace! Everyone have a good day and train and shoot as often as you can.
    Capricorn

Post imported post

MgoBlue wrote:
    catass wrote:
    Ain't no such thing as a CCDWL. Check your license and you'll see it's a CDWL. Jus sayin'!
    http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

The Kentucky State Police put two "C" s in it......just sayin`.

Post imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:

"C"arry "C"oncealed "D"eadly "W"eapons "L"icense = CCDWL

Catass is correct on this one. Taking into account he carries a Glock instead of a John Browning masterpiece he does OK. :celebrate

Post imported post

Hellbilly wrote:
    Ivan Sample wrote:

"C"arry "C"oncealed "D"eadly "W"eapons "L"icense = CCDWL
    Pull out your license and look at the top. Just 'cuz its on the KY state police site doesn't mean anything. They're a bunch of cops . . . what do they know about spelling and proper grammatical usage?! lol!

It is often referred to as a CCDWL, but that reference is inaccurate. Just sayin . . .

Post imported post

MgoBlue wrote:
    They're a bunch of cops........ what do they know
    They know enough not to open carry out of uniform. Which puts them ahead of most on this site.....just sayin`

Post imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
    catass the training that I went through was a week not this one day eight hour thing. We study the laws of CCDW and watch videos on different scenerios. We then went to the range and shot 50-100 rounds at different distance. We shot in just about every position and in low light. So my training was a little bit more then the one day thing. If it was up to me that will be the standard because we have to many people with guns that don't know how to use them properly. Forgive me if I step on anyone toes in here. But we all :I hope are grown ups and we should get over that. Now that I have spokenmy peace! Everyone have a good day and train and shoot as often as you can.
    Good on you, dude. I've got over 160 hours of training and over 5,000 rounds in those hours, during the past two years. This is stuff outside of the state mandated "training," and paid for on my own dime & does not include shooting at the ranges I've shot at to keep those skills polished.

If it were me, the 16 hour deal KY requires is too much to get a carry license. In a perfect world, we wouldn't need the license. I'm more concerned with the 16 y/o kid on the same highways with me as more people are killed in car accidents than with guns & there's ZERO training mandated for getting a driver's license.

If somebody wants to take a training class, they are just that much further ahead of the curve. That means A LOT in today's world.

What I meant by my earlier statement was we both knew what I was talking about (Concealed Carry Deadly Weapons License, or whatever floats yer boat).

Post imported post

HellbillyI will asked you to pull out your license if you have a Kentucky one. It shows Concealed Deadly Weapons Lincense. Nothing about CARRY in it. So it makes the Letters read CDWL NOT CCDWL.
    Capricorn

Post imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
    HellbillyI will asked you to pull out your license if you have a Kentucky one. It shows Concealed Deadly Weapons Lincense. Nothing about CARRY in it. So it makes the Letters read CDWL NOT CCDWL.
    Ivan , I will ask you to look at the information from the Commonwealth web site . It shows Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons License . Plenty about CARRY on it. So it makes the letters read CCDWL NOT CCDW.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

ccdwprogram@ky.gov

If anyone is confused by the "two" Cs you can email the Ky Gov`t about it. The emaill addy above is correct. Don`t forget to put "TWO Cs" in it if you want it to go through.

Post imported post

Hellbilly I am a man and willing to admit when I am wrong. I look it up on the web and I was dead wrong it is CCDW. You were 100% correct
    Capricorn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast