• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any interest in a Utah non-resident permit class?

FightingGlock19

imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
catass the training that I went through was a week not this one day eight hour thing. We study the laws of CCDW and watch videos on different scenerios. We then went to the range and shot 50-100 rounds at different distance. We shot in just about every position and in low light. So my training was a little bit more then the one day thing. If it was up to me that will be the standard because we have to many people with guns that don't know how to use them properly. Forgive me if I step on anyone toes in here. But we all :I hope are grown ups and we should get over that. Now that I have spokenmy peace! Everyone have a good day and train and shoot as often as you can.:dude:
Good on you, dude. I've got over 160 hours of training and over 5,000 rounds in those hours, during the past two years. This is stuff outside of the state mandated "training," and paid for on my own dime & does not include shooting at the ranges I've shot at to keep those skills polished.

If it were me, the 16 hour deal KY requires is too much to get a carry license. In a perfect world, we wouldn't need the license. I'm more concerned with the 16 y/o kid on the same highways with me as more people are killed in car accidents than with guns & there's ZERO training mandated for getting a driver's license.

If somebody wants to take a training class, they are just that much further ahead of the curve. That means A LOT in today's world.

What I meant by my earlier statement was we both knew what I was talking about (Concealed Carry Deadly Weapons License, or whatever floats yer boat).

Ivan Sample

imported post

HellbillyI will asked you to pull out your license if you have a Kentucky one. It shows Concealed Deadly Weapons Lincense. Nothing about CARRY in it. So it makes the Letters read CDWL NOT CCDWL. :cuss:

Hellbilly

imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
HellbillyI will asked you to pull out your license if you have a Kentucky one. It shows Concealed Deadly Weapons Lincense. Nothing about CARRY in it. So it makes the Letters read CDWL NOT CCDWL. :cuss:
Ivan , I will ask you to look at the information from the Commonwealth web site . It shows Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons License . Plenty about CARRY on it. So it makes the letters read CCDWL NOT CCDW. :cuss:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

FightingGlock19

imported post

Now that we're all getting along, let's go get Cracker Barrel!

Although, if you wanted to be anally technical, it's a COKCDWL. But, I'm not sayin, I'm just saying.

Hellbilly

imported post

catass wrote:

Although, if you wanted to be anally technical, it's a COKCDWL. But, I'm not sayin, I'm just saying.
Its a what ????? :D Your just a trouble maker aren`t you ????? :lol: You probably don`t even carry a steel firearm , another wanna be` I bet. :celebrate

Just curious but does anyone know what the Cracker Barrel policy is on weapons ?

FightingGlock19

imported post

Hellbilly wrote:
catass wrote:

Its a what ????? :D Your just a trouble maker aren`t you ????? :lol: You probably don`t even carry a steel firearm , another wanna be` I bet. :celebrate

Just curious but does anyone know what the Cracker Barrel policy is on weapons ?
Well, it does say across the top of the license, "Commonwealth of Kentucky Concealed Deadly Weapons License."

I gave up on John Browning's design. I mean, I drive a vehicle, but it's not a Model T :lol:

Ivan Sample

imported post

This is a board to discuss open carry and firearm related issues and I am sure that the mods will agree with me. Not for smart ass comment such as those that have been display here. Some folks need to grow up in here:D

Hellbilly

imported post

If the board wasn`t full of stuck up pricks who want to argue for 2 pages over something a stupid as to how many "C"s are in the abbreviation for a weapons license we might take it a little more serious.

As the board is now the Ky section is nothing to take serious.