• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any interest in a Utah non-resident permit class?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Good evening!

Our company, Proactive Shooters is seeking to expand our base and we are looking to Kentucky. We conduct the class required for the highly sought after Utah non-resident carry permit. We routinely travel throughout the country to conduct this class.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to see if anyone was interested in a class for this permit. The cost of the class is $85 and the course runs about 6 hours. If we get a good showing of folks who are interested in taking the class, we can begin scheduling one in Ky.

Replies here are welcome!

MgoBlue

imported post

I just visited handgunlaw.us. It looks like the only thing a Utah non-resident permit would give a person with a KY CDWL is the ability to carry in the state of Washington. Am I correct, or am I missing something? Now, I do have family in Washington, so that is a factor for me. I was just disappointed to see that I would gain no additional states.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

$85 ?
6 Hours?

My class (Taught at Cabela's) was $70 & 3 hrs.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit, class instruction, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application and receive Utah CFP.
Tuesdays, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Location: Steelhead Room.

popcorn.gif

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

My KY issued CCDWL is good in 36 states
I find only 33 states that honor Kentucky, well 34 if you count Wisconsin for Open Carry. Still more than Utah but Ky does not issue a non-resident license, so one must go with Utah for that.

My Washington residence license now allows me to carry in Florida.

FightingGlock19

imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
MgoBlue is correct on that its one "c" not two. Must have gotten the two "c" from con-ceal which is just one word. Lol:celebrate
Either way, those guys are wasting their time in the KY forum, eh? :lol:

ProShooter

imported post

MgoBlue wrote:
I just visited handgunlaw.us. It looks like the only thing a Utah non-resident permit would give a person with a KY CDWL is the ability to carry in the state of Washington. Am I correct, or am I missing something? Now, I do have family in Washington, so that is a factor for me. I was just disappointed to see that I would gain no additional states.
You are correct in that for someone with aKy permit, Washington State would be the only current addition. Now, Utah is very good about adding other states so the possibility is that more states will come along. Some folks also may be leaving Ky for other states and might desire to have a permit such as Utah's. We've done classes in states where someone might only benefit from adding a few states but they have plans to relocate and that is their reason for getting the Utah permit. In any event, it never hurts to ask and that is why we posted here.

ProShooter

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
$85 ?
6 Hours?

My class (Taught at Cabela's) was $70 & 3 hrs.

Utah Concealed Firearm Permit for Non-Residents
Good in 30 states! Obtain your Utah Concealed Firearm Permit in this three hour class presented by Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor, Mr. Kevin Faherty, LPI. Class includes ALL requirements for the Utah CFP Application in order to receive your concealed handgun permit, class instruction, fingerprinting, notary, passport photo and one pre-printed non-stamped envelope to BCI, State of Utah. Reserve your seat now. $70 Prepay through Paypal on-line at http://www.CFPUTAH.com or $90 at the door. An additional $65.25 payable to BCI, State of Utah, is submitted / mailed with the completed class documentation to process application and receive Utah CFP.
Tuesdays, 5:00-8:00 p.m. - Location: Steelhead Room.

popcorn.gif
Utah recommends a minimum of 4 hours for the class. Ours runs 6 hours. Some instructors do it in 8, some take 2 days and add a shooting component. It all depends on the instructor's wishes. Our price is pretty competative in comparison to some. Just 2 hours north of our headquarters, instructors get $125-150 for the Utah permit class.

langzaiguy

imported post

I don't think Utah has the power to "add any states" when it comes to other states recognizing their license.

Ivan Sample

imported post

catass the training that I went through was a week not this one day eight hour thing. We study the laws of CCDW and watch videos on different scenerios. We then went to the range and shot 50-100 rounds at different distance. We shot in just about every position and in low light. So my training was a little bit more then the one day thing. If it was up to me that will be the standard because we have to many people with guns that don't know how to use them properly. Forgive me if I step on anyone toes in here. But we all :I hope are grown ups and we should get over that. Now that I have spokenmy peace! Everyone have a good day and train and shoot as often as you can.:dude:

Hellbilly

Hellbilly

imported post

Ivan Sample wrote:
MgoBlue is correct on that its one "c" not two. Must have gotten the two "c" from con-ceal which is just one word. Lol:celebrate
http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

"C"arry "C"oncealed "D"eadly "W"eapons "L"icense = CCDWL

Catass is correct on this one. Taking into account he carries a Glock instead of a John Browning masterpiece he does OK. :celebrate

MgoBlue

imported post

Hellbilly wrote:
Ivan Sample wrote:
http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

"C"arry "C"oncealed "D"eadly "W"eapons "L"icense = CCDWL
Pull out your license and look at the top. Just 'cuz its on the KY state police site doesn't mean anything. They're a bunch of cops . . . what do they know about spelling and proper grammatical usage?! lol!

It is often referred to as a CCDWL, but that reference is inaccurate. Just sayin . . .