Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Baraboo Wisconsin

Post imported post

I was walking last sunday and stopped in a gas station while OC and the store attendant called the cops and they stopped me wile I was within 917 feet of a school zone. I was hand cuffed and they took my hand gun and checked my pistol serial number, however I was not arrested. Tonight I walked into Walmart after work and again the cops were called and I was stopped outside of walmart by the police and questioned. I was told that they would keep responding when ever they get called.

Don

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    I was walking last sunday and stopped in a gas station while OC and the store attendant called the cops and they stopped me wile I was within 917 feet of a school zone. I was hand cuffed and they took my hand gun and checked my pistol serial number, however I was not arrested. Tonight I walked into Walmart after work and again the cops were called and I was stopped outside of walmart by the police and questioned. I was told that they would keep responding when ever they get called.

Don
    OC can be trying but perseverance pays off. There will be others along shortly to weigh in on this one. Welcome and Congratulations on your first OC.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

WOW, cuffed for legal OC, JERKS !! Sounds like your town Police are real tough, harassing Law abiding citizens.....Next time lock your ID inside your car & don't say a word to them......917 feet from GFSZ, how did the cop know exact footage ?? Tell them to maybe post signs GFSZ signs every 50 feet.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:

Don
    Sorry to here, this is why we need to get out more and show people we won't back down and that it should be a crime to report a false crime. That is what it is when you report a person for open carrying it is reporting a crime. The reason I say this is that it costs money to report to every call of open carrying and its stupid to think that somebody with a openly holstered firearm is a criminal just my 2 cents

Post imported post

If anyone else wants to do an event in Boo, I will be there.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

The one cop had a lazer range finder, thats how he knew the distance

Post imported post

If you want to do an event here, that would be cool. When i was stopped the first time, I showed them my law enforcement ID, I'm a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer, but that didn't matter, the second time I was questioned after shopping at walmart tonight I again showed them my ID and still it didn't matter. It seems that they are getting upset with me for having to respond everytime they get called.

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:

I will be at a 2nd Amendment Rally in Tomah, hosted by Ed Thompson, on Sunday, March 21. The event is posted on Wisconsin Carry Inc. Events page.

After that....

I will be coming down to Baraboo to do a couple of hours shopping at several businesses.

Cowboy, I sent you a PM.

Carry On & Carry Always!

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    Mlutz wrote:

I will be at a 2nd Amendment Rally in Tomah, hosted by Ed Thompson, on Sunday, March 21. The event is posted on Wisconsin Carry Inc. Events page.

After that....

I will be coming down to Baraboo to do a couple of hours shopping at several businesses.

Cowboy, I sent you a PM.

Carry On & Carry Always!
    Well, looks like I will be seeing you in Tomah. No carry for me though, holster will not be here yet...

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    If you want to do an event here, that would be cool. When i was stopped the first time, I showed them my law enforcement ID, I'm a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer, but that didn't matter, the second time I was questioned after shopping at walmart tonight I again showed them my ID and still it didn't matter. It seems that they are getting upset with me for having to respond everytime they get called.
    I have heard from aformer officer, you can cc with the permit Wisconsin has for former officers. One of the guys from a local gun range showed me his permit that "allowed" him to cc. Strange, I may have to stop out there again and ask him about it.

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    Well, looks like I will be seeing you in Tomah. No carry for me though, holster will not be here yet...
    OOHH NO! You are not getting out that easy. Alot of us going have extra holsters.

What firearm will you be carrying?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    When i was stopped the first time, I showed them my law enforcement ID, I'm a retired Federal Law Enforcement Officer,
    Schadenfreude! Again.

Post imported post

My former employer Federal Prison in Oxford Wisconsin refused to train us and local law enforcement won't provide training either, so we have to wait until the improvment act is passed before I can get a permit to cc

Post imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
    Mlutz wrote:
    OOHH NO! You are not getting out that easy. Alot of us going have extra holsters.

What firearm will you be carrying?
    A Hi-Point 40 s&w. The ONLY company that makes a holster for it is Fobus. After the two month run around from my local gun shop, and gander mountain in Onalaska said "they do not make a holster for that," and the "can't you just order it from them.' I had to go to Fobus directly.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Here is my take on the situation.

First, you didn't end up in jail so it wasn't a BAD encounter.

Having said that: There is no Range Finder I know of that can detect school property boundary lines, and it is 1000'ft from those property boundaries.

Next:

If you could provide specific date(s) and time(s) of the interactions, I would like to submit an "open records" request to the Baraboo Police Department to learn WHO called the police.

If the call came from the gas station attendant for example, then we need to talk with the management to educate them on the legality of OC.

If WalMart employees called LEO, then they need to be educated as well.

I sent a PM, please respond to it with additional information.

Like others here, if you can provide names/addresses of the businesses in question via PM, I would be more than happy to look into it.

Banned

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    My former employer Federal Prison in Oxford Wisconsin refused to train us and local law enforcement won't provide training either, so we have to wait until the improvment act is passed before I can get a permit to cc
    S. 2084:School Safety and Law Enforcement Improvement Act of 2007, 110th Congress died in committee in 2007

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-2084

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

Post imported post

Shhhh...they got geographical boundry finding laZers; resitance is futile :shock:.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Banned

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    There is no Range Finder I know of that can detect school property boundary lines, and it is 1000'ft from those property boundaries.
    No, but a LASER can be reflected from the curb line, the building wall, the school zone sign AND the officer (of the court!) is presumed honest and correct by his fellow officer of the court, the judge.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

is it just me, or isn't walmarts corporate policy to allow carrying in accordance with the law??? and didn't we just have a few people in the last couple months that had issues with walmart, and they were "supposedly" going to send out bulletins to the stores again to make sure that their employees were properly aware???

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    bnhcomputing wrote:

is it just me, or isn't walmarts corporate policy to allow carrying in accordance with the law??? and didn't we just have a few people in the last couple months that had issues with walmart, and they were "supposedly" going to send out bulletins to the stores again to make sure that their employees were properly aware???
    YES, WalMart policy is to follow state law. AND YES, many Walmart employees (being high school students, don't know this. That is why I have already submitted an FOI request to determine who called.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    There is no Range Finder I know of that can detect school property boundary lines, and it is 1000'ft from those property boundaries.
    However, if he bounced it off the school building then the distance would be less than 917 feet to the lot line.

Banned

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    AND the officer (of the court!) is presumed honest and correct by his fellow officer of the court, the judge.

Banned

Post imported post

Mlutz wrote:
    cowboyridn wrote:
    I have heard from aformer officer, you can cc with the permit Wisconsin has for former officers. One of the guys from a local gun range showed me his permit that "allowed" him to cc. Strange, I may have to stop out there again and ask him about it.
    That Officer is carrying under HR 218. Active duty officers can carry under the same law. This law also includes corrections officers.

Banned

Post imported post

cowboyridn wrote:
    You can go to a technical colleg and take the firearms course. This meets the standards and you would then have to contact the AG's Office and receive the certificate that allows you to CCW under HR 218.

H.R. 218 FAQ – TCB Revised Draft – December 17, 2009
    Q: Can a retired law enforcement officer obtain firearm training and/or qualification services from a Wisconsin Technical College?
    A: Yes, subject to certain conditions.
    There is nothing in H.R. 218 that requires retired officers to obtain firearm training or qualification services from any particular source. Nor does the federal law require a law enforcement agency to follow any specific procedures for testing or otherwise finding that an individual retiree does or does not meet the agency’s firearm qualification standard for active officers. How to go about making that determination has been left to the discretion of individual law enforcement agencies.
    One possible method of making such a determination would be for a law enforcement agency to itself test or otherwise directly examine the firearm qualifications of individual retirees. Another possible method would be for the agency to allow individual retirees to have their firearm qualifications determined by a third party, such as a Technical College. The individual retiree would then have to supply the agency with documentation of the third party’s determination.
    Such third-party documentation, standing alone, would not be enough to satisfy the credential requirements of H.R. 218. Rather, the agency would itself have to examine that third-party documentation and determine, in consultation with its own legal counsel, whether that documentation satisfactorily establishes that the retiree has met the agency’s qualification standard for an active officer to carry the type of firearm for which the retiree seeks certification.
    If the agency is satisfied with the determination made by the third party, then the agency can itself issue the retiree a document certifying that he or she has been found by the agency to meet the agency’s qualification standard for an active officer to carry the type of firearm in question. The latter certification issued by the agency would meet the requirements of 18 U.S.C. § 926C(d)(1).

Post imported post

An employee at kwick Trip at the corner of highway Hwy 12 and Hwy 33 that called the police which happened on Sunday 3-14-09. I left Kwick Trip and was walking down Hwy 33 and was stopped by three officers just past culvers on 33. It was walmart employees that called the cops last night 3-17-09, and they were adults not high school students.

Don

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast