• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

amc movies no guns

dbegin87

imported post

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

dbegin87

imported post

I couldn't believe it when i saw it it wasn't located in the theater. I had to look online for like 15 min to find it hidden away in a dark corner of there website we shouldn't have to do this as gun owners and this makes you wonder how many other places have hidden policies not posted like this one we should not have to be scared to exercise our right to bear arms and defend ourselves and our loved ones

MHemmann

imported post

if it's not posted at the theater i will wait for some to tell me. not everyone has access to the internet so not everyone could know this. they should have this right in the front window or entrance way at all theaters.

dbegin87

imported post

Re: website policies not posted hard copy in building
well i was armed when i took my son to the movies for the first time for his 4th b-day he had a great time watching alice and wonderland the funny thing is i don't know what compelled me to search there website but i was horrified at what i found and again if it is online not on the wall or window then how are we supposed to know the rules and follow them as for me and my family we will not be going to the movies anymore and i compel you to do the same i have also written amc a letter on the matter i don't think it will get any where but i wrote it anyway and here it is....

i brought my son to the amc in plainville ct for the first time my son had a wonderful experience but upon returning home and looking at your website i was very concerned with what i found on your code of conduct page. now i am a law abiding citizen in the state of ct with a valid permit to carry pistols and revolvers and with this permit i can carry either openly or concealed and i have confirmed the open carry part with the department of public safety special licensing and firearms unit that this is legal.now the situation that i have is that businesses can prohibit firearms in there building if they so wish so i make it a habit to look around businesses for posted signs that prohibit the carrying of firearms. witch are NOT posted in your building so i hope you see how this can be a problem for people with a permit to carry lawfully i hope in reading this you will make the appropriate action to add to your code of conduct page that this rule does not pertain to lawfully carried firearms

Rich B

imported post

I am not trying to be harsh here, but when you write a letter to a company, a business, or a state representative, please try and sound intelligent and articulate or at least ask for assistance if you need it.

Not capitalizing the word 'i', spelling 'which' as 'witch', not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. These are basic English skills we all should have learned in the second and third grades.

I understand this might not be a big deal to some of you, but when you represent yourself as part of the gun carrying community, I would appreciate it if you took the time to try and represent us well. We have enough stereotypes from liberals and the Brady campaign who want to paint us as redneck losers with no education. We don't need to reinforce that image.

If need be, post this kind of letter here before sending it and ask for editorial help. Your letter certainly isn't going to be well received by anyone at AMC, and it is not going to go far to make a good impression on them that the gun carrying community is intelligent, articulate and responsible, which is what we need more than anything right now. When you contact someone regarding carrying a firearm, you should always make the best attempt possible to give a great impression and hopefully make the other person come away with the thought "Man, that guy sounds like a good guy, I would have no problem with him carrying a gun around me.". They may still not fully approve of the concept based on their ignorance and the stereotypes they have in their head, but you will be driving a small wedge in that ignorance that may allow for greater understanding in the future.

I am sure this will go over like a lead balloon with some, but I would rather get it out there and encourage people to ask for help when they need it, rather than represent us poorly. Also, I would have liked to see the CCDL write a letter to AMC and let them know who we are, what we are for, and why AMC should allow law abiding citizens lawfully carry in their establishments.

Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit it is intended. I don't wish to offend anyone, but rather offer a little advice and encouragement to act intelligent and professional in all of our dealings.

Chubs2287

imported post

Rich B wrote:
I am not trying to be harsh here, but when you write a letter to a company, a business, or a state representative, please try and sound intelligent and articulate or at least ask for assistance if you need it.

Not capitalizing the word 'i', spelling 'which' as 'witch', not capitalizing the first word of a sentence. These are basic English skills we all should have learned in the second and third grades.

I understand this might not be a big deal to some of you, but when you represent yourself as part of the gun carrying community, I would appreciate it if you took the time to try and represent us well. We have enough stereotypes from liberals and the Brady campaign who want to paint us as redneck losers with no education. We don't need to reinforce that image.

If need be, post this kind of letter here before sending it and ask for editorial help. Your letter certainly isn't going to be well received by anyone at AMC, and it is not going to go far to make a good impression on them that the gun carrying community is intelligent, articulate and responsible, which is what we need more than anything right now. When you contact someone regarding carrying a firearm, you should always make the best attempt possible to give a great impression and hopefully make the other person come away with the thought "Man, that guy sounds like a good guy, I would have no problem with him carrying a gun around me.". They may still not fully approve of the concept based on their ignorance and the stereotypes they have in their head, but you will be driving a small wedge in that ignorance that may allow for greater understanding in the future.

I am sure this will go over like a lead balloon with some, but I would rather get it out there and encourage people to ask for help when they need it, rather than represent us poorly. Also, I would have liked to see the CCDL write a letter to AMC and let them know who we are, what we are for, and why AMC should allow law abiding citizens lawfully carry in their establishments.

Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit it is intended. I don't wish to offend anyone, but rather offer a little advice and encouragement to act intelligent and professional in all of our dealings.
Thank you. I was going to say the same thing. I, as well, do not what to sound harsh as I am the worst speller and writer in the world, but please do take the time and proof read the letter for grammar and spelling mistake. I know I and some others don't take the time when posting here on this site, as you may have in this case, but for the future when writing to any formal letter on behalf of the gun community please do write grammatical correct.

Thanks

dbegin87

imported post

That was not the exact copy of the letter that I sent in. The one I sent was grammatically correct this was a quick re-write of it with my 4 year old screaming in the background. so thank you for the criticism which will be taken with a grain of salt.

Chubs2287

imported post

dbegin87 wrote:
That was not the exact copy of the letter that I sent in. The one I sent was grammatically correct this was a quick re-write of it with my 4 year old screaming in the background. so thank you for the criticism which will be taken with a grain of salt.
Exactly as I thought. No harm No foul. Thank you for taking the time to research this and write to AMC about this horrible policy they have.