• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girlfriend Doesn't Like It When I OC With Her

Wc

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
SomeGuyInCali wrote:
Gundude wrote:
Girlfriend wanted:

Requirements.....Must have 2 full gunsafes full of weapons. Must be familiar with reloading. Must have at least 500 rds for each weapon. Must be familiar with all gun laws in the state. Must have a law degree. Must weigh less than 120 lbs.

Send picture of all weapons.

Lara Croft?
The only thing hotter than Angelina Jolie...is Angelina Jolie with guns!!! :cool:
Gundudedidn't asked for women unless your isdefined means it including the woman is a weapons too? :uhoh:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

After 10 years of marriage, my wife is STILL strongly opposed to me having a girlfriend. However, she's come to be at peace with me carrying a firearm.

(Though I did get a big "I told you so" when I had to go home and tell her about spending an hour in Turlock PD custody back in July '08... and the whole "Sacramento Regional Terrorist Threat Assessment Unit" memo regarding me and the OC movement bothered her a bit... now that I think about it she's handled all this pretty well.)

inbox485

imported post

RMafera wrote:
The reason she doesn't like it is because I dress in a nice, button-up shirt and jeans while OCing and she says now she has to get "all dressed up to look as good as I do just to go to the store" :dude: She's only half kidding, haha.

Anyone have similar complaints?
People in general (not just women) will not be afraid of the gun. They won't be afraid of the criminal element. What they will have weighing on their mind is being next to you when the :dude: show up.

We-the-People

imported post

My wife scares me.

She is a district co-coordinator for resistnet.com, she reads voraciously about the state of politics these days, sent a letter to the President yesterday, carries EVERYWHERE she goes, HELPED me build the 50 yard range in the "back yard", says the cops can pound sand if they show up without a warrant (major local issue here in the last couple of weeks).

She made me buy my own Christmas present because she didn't want to get on the "no fly list" before we went to Germany for the holidays..... she'd bought 2 AR15's in less than two months..... so I had to buy my own AR-10 and I'd just purchased a Judge and shortly after an FN 5.7. Guess she wasn't worried about me being on the no fly list.

But the thing that scared me most was sitting calmly in the living room watching television (the military channel) and she turns to me and says "we need a trap door in the floor and an escape tunnel".

She's also very impressed with the performance of the Barret .50 cal.

I think she might be a right wing extremist.

I also think she's a keeper.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

We-the-People wrote:
But the thing that scared me most was sitting calmly in the living room watching television (the military channel) and she turns to me and says "we need a trap door in the floor and an escape tunnel".
That's the coolest thing I've read all day. Definitely a keeper.

We-the-People

imported post

I showed her my message and the one reply. She says I HAVE to keep her because she has more AR's than I do.

She doesn't understand that an AR10 beats 2 AR15's

Hmmmmm maybe I shouldn't mention AR's in this forum. Wouldn't want to get tagged as one of the "haves" by the "have not's".

DUCKING

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

So I took my girlfriend and her friend to the range. I would have had a problem standing in front of her friend while she took shots at me. LOL But my girlfriend had a 4 inch grouping at 10 yards. :shock:

Tonight I pulled out my .40 and took it apart in front of her. (Now keep in mind she is still afraid of guns) I laid all the pieces out in front of her and had her put it back together. I repeated this several times and then made her take it apart and put it back together. She's starting to come around and not be so afraid of them. I suggested we get her one and she didn't jump up and say yes but she didn't say no either. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
So I took my girlfriend and her friend to the range. I would have had a problem standing in front of her friend while she took shots at me. LOL But my girlfriend had a 4 inch grouping at 10 yards. :shock:

Tonight I pulled out my .40 and took it apart in front of her. (Now keep in mind she is still afraid of guns) I laid all the pieces out in front of her and had her put it back together. I repeated this several times and then made her take it apart and put it back together. She's starting to come around and not be so afraid of them. I suggested we get her one and she didn't jump up and say yes but she didn't say no either. :lol:
People inherently fear that which is foreign to them, especially when the bulk of the input has been negative.

Even Eddie Eagle's admonition - "see a gun, run get an adult" reinforces the negative. OK it works, but at a price.

The more familiar she becomes, the less fear she will have. Eventually that will be replaced with respect and maybe more.

Your doing it right - be patient.

Yata hey

inbox485

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
My girl friend is warming up to the whole thing... hehe Don't worry it's only pointed at a camera, not me.
Good taste. The gun I mean.;) If you tilt the barrel up a hair and set the focus to macro, you can get a clear angle up the barrel focused on the bullet.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

inbox485 wrote:
Good taste. The gun I mean.;) If you tilt the barrel up a hair and set the focus to macro, you can get a clear angle up the barrel focused on the bullet.
Haha yeah, but I thought the firing pin was kinda boring so I went for the slightly angled shot where you couldn't tell it was condition 4.

Took her gun shopping yesterday. Went to several gun shops and had her try out many different styles. She really liked the Kel Tec 9mm P-11. Good size and caliber for her hands. I'm just concerned that because of it's size and weight the recoil might be a little much for her.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

She used to give me crap about it or roll her eyes but I guess she just gave up. ;)

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

So now my girlfriend keeps talking about getting a gun. hehe. It's great. She loves wearing my gun on her waist. We've been practicing draws and proper handling techniques.

And I have to say, she looks **HOT** wearing a gun. :celebrate

PincheOgro1

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
So now my girlfriend keeps talking about getting a gun. hehe. It's great. She loves wearing my gun on her waist. We've been practicing draws and proper handling techniques.

And I have to say, she looks **HOT** wearing a gun. :celebrate
My wife didn't exactly care for my hand gun either, *AT FIRST*, now she knows how to use it, AND I bought her a rifle, her preference, to shoot. Went to the range yesterday, sighted in the scope, and she popped off 100 rounds. Chewed out the bullseye of the target at 100 yards. LOL. She LOVES GUNS now. It's something she's good at.