• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Girlfriend Doesn't Like It When I OC With Her

RMafera

imported post

The reason she doesn't like it is because I dress in a nice, button-up shirt and jeans while OCing and she says now she has to get "all dressed up to look as good as I do just to go to the store" :dude: She's only half kidding, haha.

Anyone have similar complaints?

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My fiance doesn't have a philosophical problem with OC, but I can tell she's uncomfortable about it when I OC when we're out together. I hope she'll get used to it.
I also try to look neat and clean cut when I OC.

brad9point0

imported post

RMafera wrote:
The reason she doesn't like it is because I dress in a nice, button-up shirt and jeans while OCing and she says now she has to get "all dressed up to look as good as I do just to go to the store" :dude: She's only half kidding, haha.

Time to find a new one.... lol j/k bring her to some of the events and let her meet some of the people and she will become more comfortable with it.

Decoligny

imported post

RMafera wrote:

Just tell her "Honey, I could be dressed in a Tuxedo and nobody would notice with you beside me!" She will ease up on that "to look as good as you" business. :D

or

How about you find some nice, but not too dressy polo shirts, or maybe some nice tee shirts?

Gundude

imported post

Girlfriend wanted:

Requirements.....Must have 2 full gunsafes full of weapons. Must be familiar with reloading. Must have at least 500 rds for each weapon. Must be familiar with all gun laws in the state. Must have a law degree. Must weigh less than 120 lbs.

Send picture of all weapons.

Pace

imported post

I dunno what my wife thinks, never asked her. I OC, I CC... she just accepts it, I guess. She shoots also.

She thinks it's weird that I'm a Buddhist Pacifistic former LEO who OC's :)

coolusername2007

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Girlfriend wanted:

Requirements.....Must have 2 full gunsafes full of weapons. Must be familiar with reloading. Must have at least 500 rds for each weapon. Must be familiar with all gun laws in the state. Must have a law degree. Must weigh less than 120 lbs.

LOL. Preferrably a picture while wearingfavoriteweapons.

SomeGuyInCali

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Girlfriend wanted:

Lara Croft?

My girl friend has little experience with firearms. I took her to the range a couple weeks ago and she had her first experience. She had a good time but the world of guns is still unkown to her. So she is afraid. I just took the gun apart so she could see it in pieces. Then I slowly put it back together for her so she could understand it a bit better. I explained the safeties on it etc... We rented a [font="Arial, Helvetica"]Ruger Mark III Hunter .22 Pistol for her to shoot. Then I aided her in shooting my XD .40. The power scared the hell out of her but she agreed it was a good experience. She is the classic example of [/font]an average gun fearing citizen. She just has an irrational fear of the unknown.

jhow1nm2

imported post

A few months ago, my wife and I visited an old friend of hers. We were discussing something over dinner and the topic of guns came up, and this girlfriend of hers (40ish), says she owns 10-12 guns, is a better marksman than her Marine husband (sitting next to her), and we had a grand ole' time discussing the subject. The funny part is that my wife, who had known this lady for 20+ years, never knew that little fact about her friend.

coolusername2007

imported post

SomeGuyInCali wrote:
Gundude wrote:
Girlfriend wanted:

Lara Croft?
The only thing hotter than Angelina Jolie...is Angelina Jolie with guns!!! :cool:

heliopolissolutions

imported post

My GF isn't really impressed with guns...at least not the ones civilians canown in CA.

In her home country her dad was a chief of police, and so shes pretty much completely desensitized to full auto weapons and grenades and stuff...

*showing my ar-15 to S.O*

"Why won't the magazine drop?"

"well theres a 'bullet button' for ca law"

"thats retarded. *walks away*"

:(

Pretty much she grew up around much more formidable arsenals than we can claim, so its kind of like 'meh' to her, which makes me go :\. But shes fine with OC, very supportive.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
My GF isn't really impressed with guns...at least not the ones civilians canown in CA.

In her home country her dad was a chief of police, and so shes pretty much completely desensitized to full auto weapons and grenades and stuff...

*showing my ar-15 to S.O*

"Why won't the magazine drop?"

"well theres a 'bullet button' for ca law"

"thats retarded. *walks away*"

:(
She's a keeper!!!! Have her run for office.

RMafera

imported post

Don't get me wrong...she actually likes the idea of open carry and firearms in general. She's always nagging me to go shooting for study breaks :)

This conversation sparked this thread.

Gf - "Dude, don't bring your gun to Ralph's"
Me - "Why the hell not?"
Gf - "Because you dress nice when you OC and I don't feel like getting dressed"
Me - *blank stare*
Gf - "Ok, give me five minutes"

I just thought it was kind of funny

Gundude

imported post

RMafera wrote:
Don't get me wrong...she actually likes the idea of open carry and firearms in general. She's always nagging me to go shooting for study breaks :)

This conversation sparked this thread.

Gf - "Dude, don't bring your gun to Ralph's"
Me - "Why the hell not?"
Gf - "Because you dress nice when you OC and I don't feel like getting dressed"
Me - *blank stare*
Gf - "Ok, give me five minutes"

I just thought it was kind of funny
If she can "get ready" in 5 minutes, she is a keeper.

JJ

imported post

My wife of twenty years isn't completely comfortable with me OCing all the time. (Started last November) we used to go shooting often (she has a .380) when we were first married, but she hasn't shot her gun for quite some time.
So she's not "afraid" of guns, she just doesn't like the fact that it "might" bring us extra attention. She's fairly tolerant but will occasionally ask me not to carry if we're going somewhere together.
We had one big blow out when she went to dinner with my parents and brother and I was working. They ended up going later than expected so called me and told me to meet them at the restaurant. No prob.
I was almost there and she texted me and asked that I not carry my gun because there were police eating there.
I texted back and said my gun goes where I go. She insisted, so I said I wasn't coming. Big mistake. She was pissed. I stood my ground and didn't go but I regretted it. She laid the guilt trip on me. "Your gun is more important... Blah blah blah". Yikes. :banghead::banghead:

heliopolissolutions

imported post

There are some situations where discretion is the better part of valor.

I find these situations have become more frequent when the fairer sex is involved.

LUCC,when such things are necessary.

Wc

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Girlfriend wanted: