• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Events?

Chubs2287

imported post

Just spoke with a Sgt. at the Police Department and he is checking on if permits are required and will get back to me. I did not mention it will be an open carry event and was wondering if I should????

Chubs2287

imported post

Thanks for your support, as soon as I hear back from him I will put together a flyer.

I'm going to go out and get trash bags and latex gloves or non-latex whatever...

Chubs2287

imported post

Thanks Gluegun! Also If I could find someone who will be willing to help me cart all the garbage to a dumpster when we are done Id really appreciate that!!!

I'm going to start a sign up sheet so If your going to come, it will be:

April 17, 2010 at 12pm-3pm

At West Haven Beaches

Meeting Place Undetermined Yet

RSVP: Please Email Me so I have a head count of how many people will be joining us!

Chubs2287@yahoo.com

I will have a Flyer up by the end of tonight.

**Edited to add my Email Address**

Chubs2287

imported post

Would it be to much to ask if when we do this we keep our firearms unloaded? I know we don't have to, but for added safety so we don't have any Accidental Discharges. I mean we could bring a load clip, but just not keep the gun loaded or one chambered?

Rich B

imported post

Chubs2287 wrote:
Would it be to much to ask if when we do this we keep our firearms unloaded? I know we don't have to, but for added safety so we don't have any Accidental Discharges. I mean we could bring a load clip, but just not keep the gun loaded or one chambered?

Um. Why would a holstered weapon have an accidental discharge?

Why would you bother to carry an unloaded firearm?

gluegun

imported post

UOC is fine in CA, but it's not required here. I think you'll find opposition to your request. Just make sure everyone keeps it holstered and there won't be any issues.

Chubs2287

imported post

Ok ok. I was just asking if I should. I just didn't want anything to go wrong with my first event. I will not ask that of anyone.

I just didn't want something to happen to fuel the anti-gun advocates.

Again I am not going to ask anyone to have an unloaded gun.

Edward Peruta

imported post

THANK YOU MIKE, JOHN AND ALL WHO POST ON OPENCARRY.ORG

In the case of James F. Goldberg v. Glastonbury Police Department, a sworn deposition of Chief Thomas Sweeny was taken recently.

A link to the entire deposition is provide for those who wish to read same.

May I suggest that Chief Sweeny in some ways now begins to get it right.[/b]

He obviously needs to lean more about OPEN CARRY, and it does seem like he has learned by visiting this sight.[/b]

Q Have you ever heard of an organization called Open Carry?[/b]

A
Yes, sir.
[/b]

Q
And have you ever seen the website Open Carry dot-org?[/b]

A Yes.
[/b]
Q And what is your view on that organization? [/b]

A Clearly there are parts of the country people carry weapons and it's more the cultural norm or otherwise. Open Carry, what I've seen on the website and some of the blogs is there are people advocating a number of places around the country to go carry[/b], whether Connecticut, there's some people in Connecticut have talked about it. I think it's an issue different parts of the country view walking in with a firearm exposed very differently. There are states that basically have open carry laws and it's commonplace, not common in the northeast. It's going to result in a reaction from a lot of people when it[/b]

happens, but I don't think the law's very clear on it in this state.[/b]

Q Why is the law not clear on that in this state?[/b]

A Because it seems you have the issue, it doesn't say that it has to be concealed, but the state has advocated for years that mature judgment be used when you walk into various establishments or otherwise, that you're walking in with it exposed and you have the issue of the alarm that it may create in other people. So you have an issue of the alarm feature. You want to walk in, have an open carry, but if people get upset by the manner in which you act and comport and carry yourself, you run the risk of being arrested for it.

Q We'll get into that later on. So you're aware that different states have different laws regarding the carrying of concealed weapons and open carry states?

A Yes, sir.

Q And you don't dispute that Connecticut is an open carry state?
[/b]

A No, sir.
[/b]

In another area there is a link to the entire deposition!!!

Chubs2287

imported post

Due to West Haven going back on what I was told earlier inthe weekand now is trying to stone wall me in organizing this event it:

IS NOW POSTPONED until further notice

In order for this event to happen they require 30 days advance notice

A West Haven Resident to fill out the Application??? Never heard of anything like this and don't believe it is even legal.

May have to post a $500 Cash Bond.

Since I did not have anybody email me in support I will have to reschedule this event for a future date.

For all of those people who remain silent thanks for letting our movement down.

Chubs2287

imported post

The main thing holding this event back it they are requiring a West Haven Resident to Apply for the permit to hold the event. If anyone wishes to do so, I can email or fax you the application.

stacks04

imported post

Chubs2287 wrote:
Due to West Haven going back on what I was told earlier inthe weekand now is trying to stone wall me in organizing this event it:

IS NOW POSTPONED until further notice

In order for this event to happen they require 30 days advance notice

A West Haven Resident to fill out the Application??? Never heard of anything like this and don't believe it is even legal.

May have to post a $500 Cash Bond.

Since I did not have anybody email me in support I will have to reschedule this event for a future date.

For all of those people who remain silent thanks for letting our movement down.
just curious what you mean by this? thanks

Chubs2287

imported post

When I had wrote that I was upset because only one person emailed me about the event. The person was not someone emailing me about if they were coming or not it was someone from the parks and rec emailing me because someone forwarded the event flyer to them and they started to stonewall me.

I would have figured more people would have emailed me, but nobody had when I wrote that. Since then only one person did emailed me to help out.

That is all I met, sorry for the confusion/frustration.

Chubs2287

imported post

That's what I was thinking, but they say if you want to use city property for a clean-up event you have to apply to use the city property. They are trying to stone wall me with all these little things.

No where on the app does it say it has to be filled out by a resident, but the director of the parks and rec, who is the one who approves it is requiring it to be.

I don't even think it is legal to do that, so I have just about given up on it, and will conduct a similar event somewhere were community service is actual appreciated.

If someone wants to help fight west haven for the corruption it looks like it has, and I believe it used to have a while back before I moved to CT, then let me know.