• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Librarys?

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

My freind wanted to go to the library which got me wondering if I could OC there, Isince I wasnt exactly sure, I figured it would be better to ask around here first.

So, can we OC in a library? CPL?

No CPL?

lapeer20m

imported post

the library in ferndale was the basis of the preemption suit if i remember correctly.

library's that are owned by a local unit of government are covered by preemption and unless they are also licensed to sell alcohol, you don't need a cpl to oc there. (that part about alcohol was my attempt at humor)

eastmeyers

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
the library in ferndale was the basis of the preemption suit if i remember correctly.

library's that are owned by a local unit of government are covered by preemption and unless they are also licensed to sell alcohol, you don't need a cpl to oc there. (that part about alcohol was my attempt at humor)

HA! ROTFL

:celebrate

the500kid

imported post

I'm inthe Westlandlibrary right now OC with lots of people running and screaming in all directions. Seriously I'm in here about 3 times a week for the last year and only had one idiot make a comment and not to my face.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I thought so.

Better safe than sorry, figured I could get a good answer if I asked.You guys have been such a big help to me, and it is appreciated. Thanks.

Just to be clear,,,, if the librarian asks me to leave, I can refuse, correct?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I thought so.

Better safe than sorry, figured I could get a good answer if I asked.  You guys have been such a big help to me, and it is appreciated. Thanks.

Just to be clear,,,, if the librarian asks me to leave, I can refuse, correct?
If it's public, you are correct.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Stainless,

I really don't believe you have a firm enough grasp on law as it pertains to OC to OC and not inadvertently cross the line and get yourself jammed up.

You carry to protect your child which is admirable but it's going to be very difficult to protect her when you're in jail because you goofed up.

I wish you luck.