• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting OC experience

omegadeity

imported post

I was waiting yesterday for a package(some cleaning patches/brushes for my AR15 and pistol) from Fedex. I was wearing my XD-40 as usual and the Fedex Guy arrived. I'm not sure if he was new or had just never encountered an armed citizen but I'm kind of glad he showed up.

I went out to the meet the guy at the end of my driveway as usual and he began getting off the truck.

I said "Hi, how's it going today?"

Him: "Things are go"(notices holstered pistol)

The poor guy literally stopped mid sentence. He turned about 3 shades of white, I don't know if he thought I was going to rob him or what. My pistol was holstered, my hands were in front of me we were beginning a pleasant conversation and then bam...fear.

I assured him that he had nothing to be afraid of, I'm just a law abiding citizen exercising his rights and that he shouldn't be afraid; I'm one of the good guys.

He quietly handed me the package, I signed his tablet and wished him a good day.

I guess it just goes to reinforce why we need to keep doing what we're doing.