• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help me understand oc

jmorisit

imported post

I was thinking of going to the meeting (hasty tasty) and then thought I don't have a cc permit ( i have put in for it 3/17). So if i opened carry to the meeting i would have to unload my firearm in front of the BG. before getting in my car. What good would my firearm be. Now the BG gets to rob me take my gun (AT least mine would be unloaded pretty sure his won't) my money and my car. It seems to me that unless i have a cc that oc is putting me more atrisk. I Drive more than walk so oc would leave mewithout a gun more than i would like. It sounds like OC is setting people up fora crime. Not all bad guys are dumb sometimes they watch before they act. Learned that the hard way. Yes i know most BG will not mess with a armed man but there is a few that know the law a will use that against you. Slim chance but it's still there. I got the firearm to protect and an unloaded gut is no use to me. I know it is a right ( OC ) but until i get my cc the OC part will have to wait.

Brian D.

imported post

Do as you think best. I would like to say that at the Hasty Tasty get togethers, you certainly wouldn't have to walk out to your vehicle by yourself, if that is your concern about the meetings held there.

jmorisit

imported post

Sorry for the misunderstanding It's the part of me having a gun and not able to use it . My aunt used to live about four blocks from there . there was a armed robbery at the atm down the streetalso i go to aarons to pay for my tv ( happens to be where the atmis yes with a couple of armed men and or woman standing around while i unload i won't have to worry . Now what about wheni go home or if i stop by the store.BG saw me unload my gun (the part about bg watching). I want to keep my gun for protection and if i have to unload it before I get in my car than the gun is no longer protection it is a invitation for thebg. I would hate to lose my car and my 54 ( 9mm and a 45) as the bad guy drives off hopefully that's all i would lose.

theqbn

imported post

That is certainly a shortcoming of the law, jmorisit. We would love to see it changed, but it's not a priority for the concealed carry groups because it's an issue that goes away after you become licensed.

I did attend the OC meetings before getting my CHL and I either carried a revolver (which can be loaded more quickly) or carried empty with a pistol. You are certainly welcome to attend the meetings even if you don't carry!