• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

beaumont hospitals

eastmeyers

imported post

I am about to go visit my mother at Troy Beaumont, I searched their website everywhere and can not find any policys. I am a CPL holder, so I should be good to go, correct?

God Bless

maustin195

imported post

I have been working in a lot of hospitals lately and always see signs for no carrying at the emergency rooms only. They make you go through metal detectors at the emergency rooms only. No signs seen for regular room visits.

cscitney87

imported post

No metal detectors seen either. I was there visiting a regular room. I parked and walked into the entrance that has the church off to the left. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. It was all under construction when I was there just renovating the place. The receptionist desk is in front of you; no guards there at all. Looks legit.

lapeer20m

imported post

security at troy beaumont has one of those safety tubes you can point your gun into to load/unload it. I think this is for patients visiting the ER and obviously cannot cc. My guess is that you will be requested to leave their facility if they see you oc'ing.

mikestilly

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
No metal detectors seen either.  I was there visiting a regular room.  I parked and walked into the entrance that has the church off to the left.  You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.  It was all under construction when I was there just renovating the place.  The receptionist desk is in front of you; no guards there at all.  Looks legit.

Royal Oak I'm fairly certain at the ER entrance there is security. As for metal detectors I don't recall seeing any at there.

PDinDetroit

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
I am about to go visit my mother at Troy Beaumont, I searched their website everywhere and can not find any policys. I am a CPL holder, so I should be good to go, correct?

God Bless
I was just there today for some tests. I did not see any "No Firearms" signs posted and no metal detectors coming in from the Parking Garage Entrance.

lapeer20m

imported post

One hospital where a person probably has the legal right to open carry is Hurley Medical Center in Flint. They are a city owned hospital. They have metal detectors and security as they are the ghetto hospital. I do not think it is likely they would allow you to enter while oc'ing, but legally i'm not sure they can.

eastmeyers

imported post

I went with my brother and my pragnate sister-in-law, they are pro OC, but did not want the hassile if something were to happen, I wore my "Rock Out With Your Glock Out" T-shirt, and had my holster open to the world, but it was empty and my glove box was full. If I were by my self I would have OC.

I have gone through Royal Oak Beaumont ER a few times CC, and I just lock it up in one of their safes, you get a respiet, and pick it up on your way out. A funny side note, they have a clearing area, and it had obviously been shot a few times, LOL.

God Bless

wally1120

imported post

I wouldn`t carry into a Hospital, But I would carry an empty Holster into a Hospital.

But I am one of the VERY ELITE that has a "Concealed Holster License" (CHL):lol: