Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Thread: don't need guns, because we have cops, Input!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Washington, USA
    Posts
    59

    Post imported post

    What do you say if somebody is talking to you about oc and says you don't need to carry a gun because that's what cops are for?

    I know what I say just wanted to know what you guy's and girl's have said?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    172

    Post imported post

    Is the cop going to follow me around 24/7? How many homicides have cops failed to prevent in the last 5 years? (we all know the answer to these two questions) Until my safety can be guaranteed 24/7 by someone else, or the rate of homicides and assaults in this country drop to 0%,I will put my safety in my own hands.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Machoduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Covington, WA & Keenesburg, CO
    Posts
    566

    Post imported post

    "No criticism of cops; they can't be everywhere at once but when seconds count the cops are minutes away."

    MD

  4. #4
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post

    Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_...ct_of_Columbia

    The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."

    basically - The police are there to protect society as a whole, not individuals.

  5. #5
    Regular Member OrangeIsTrouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Tukwila, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,398

    Post imported post

    You don't need a car because that's what buses are for.


    Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

    Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

  6. #6
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291

    Post imported post


  7. #7
    Regular Member SaintJacque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    139

    Post imported post

    Cops respond when and where they can. The obligation of self-defense lies first and foremost with the individual, no matter how strong the police state may be.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, Washington, USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Six dead police officers in 6 months in the Seattle area alone.

    Besides they are really heavy to carry around!

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762

    Post imported post

    Carrying a gun's got nothing to do with law enforcement. It's for self defense.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

    Cops can't be there 100% of the time to protect you, nor would I want them to. I prefer a little privacy.

    Also something about becoming a man and protecting yourself and your family rather than relying and hoping that someone else will, if you can't do it yourself you can't guarantee it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Sparky508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Graham, , USA
    Posts
    343

    Post imported post

    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: Because a cop is to heavy.

    Q: Why do you carry a .45?
    A:Because they dont make a .46.

    Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
    A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

    Q: Are you paranoid or something?
    A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

  12. #12
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    What is that thing Thomas Jefferson said...? You know that Quote on the front of the OCDO pamphlet.... Oh and that other quote from the WA const, Article 1, Section 24 that is also on the front of our pamphlet.

    I think what we have done by defending ourselves, is we have made the police OUR backup...
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Sparky508 wrote:
    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: Because a cop is to heavy.

    Q: Why do you carry a .45?
    A:Because they dont make a .46.

    Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
    A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

    Q: Are you paranoid or something?
    A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Nice
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575

    Post imported post

    NavyLT wrote:
    "If I were so inclined, and I am not, but if I was inclined to shoot you with my gun right this moment, is there a cop within reach to stop me?"
    This is a simple as it gets, unfortunatly not simple enough for most of the population. Well said.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  15. #15
    Regular Member j2l3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    871

    Post imported post

    I simply ask, when was the last time they can rfecall that the police actually were present when a crime happened?
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

  16. #16
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    only when the police committed the crime.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048

    Post imported post

    j2l3 wrote:
    I simply ask, when was the last time they can rfecall that the police actually were present when a crime happened?
    Happens all the time. That's how traffic crimes and other moving violations take place.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Yakima County, ,
    Posts
    506

    Post imported post

    "I carry a gun because I can't find a cop that will fit in my pocket."

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South of Disorder in Rouge Canyon, , USA
    Posts
    272

    Post imported post

    Sparky508 wrote:
    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: Because a cop is to heavy.

    Q: Why do you carry a .45?
    A:Because they dont make a .46.

    Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
    A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

    Q: Are you paranoid or something?
    A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

    + 1

  20. #20
    Regular Member killchain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Richland, Washington, USA
    Posts
    788

    Post imported post

    SaintJacque wrote:
    Cops respond when and where they can. The obligation of self-defense lies first and foremost with the individual, no matter how strong the police state may be.
    Well said.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

  21. #21
    Regular Member Stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Pasco, WA, ,
    Posts
    489

    Post imported post

    The last time I tried to put a cop in my holster, she slapped me for touching her that way.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Port Orchard, Washington, USA
    Posts
    897

    Post imported post

    Don't need cops becaue I have guns. :celebrate LOL

  23. #23
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    Sparky508 wrote:
    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: Because a cop is to heavy.

    Q: Why do you carry a .45?
    A:Because they dont make a .46.

    Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
    A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

    Q: Are you paranoid or something?
    A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    +5!!!!!!
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  24. #24
    Regular Member Lammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    NavyLT wrote:
    "If I were so inclined, and I am not, but if I was inclined to shoot you with my gun right this moment, is there a cop within reach to stop me?"
    I am so stealing this!
    IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,048

    Post imported post

    Lammo wrote:
    NavyLT wrote:
    "If I were so inclined, and I am not, but if I was inclined to shoot you with my gun right this moment, is there a cop within reach to stop me?"
    I am so stealing this!
    Good one, but I'd be afraid to say that. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •