• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

don't need guns, because we have cops, Input!

erich_kopp

imported post

What do you say if somebody is talking to you about oc and says you don't need to carry a gun because that's what cops are for?

I know what I say just wanted to know what you guy's and girl's have said?

Norman

imported post

Is the cop going to follow me around 24/7? How many homicides have cops failed to prevent in the last 5 years? (we all know the answer to these two questions) Until my safety can be guaranteed 24/7 by someone else, or the rate of homicides and assaults in this country drop to 0%,I will put my safety in my own hands.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."

basically - The police are there to protect society as a whole, not individuals.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Cops can't be there 100% of the time to protect you, nor would I want them to. I prefer a little privacy.

Also something about becoming a man and protecting yourself and your family rather than relying and hoping that someone else will, if you can't do it yourself you can't guarantee it.

Sparky508

imported post

Q: Why do you carry a gun?
A: Because a cop is to heavy.

Q: Why do you carry a .45?
A:Because they dont make a .46.

Q: Why do you have a pistol, are you expecting trouble?
A:No, if I was expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.

Q: Are you paranoid or something?
A: What do I need to be worried about? I'm the guy that brought his gun.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

amzbrady

imported post

What is that thing Thomas Jefferson said...? You know that Quote on the front of the OCDO pamphlet.... Oh and that other quote from the WA const, Article 1, Section 24 that is also on the front of our pamphlet.

I think what we have done by defending ourselves, is we have made the police OUR backup...

amzbrady

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Nice

Jeff Hayes

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
"If I were so inclined, and I am not, but if I was inclined to shoot you with my gun right this moment, is there a cop within reach to stop me?"
This is a simple as it gets, unfortunatly not simple enough for most of the population. Well said.

Aaron1124

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
I simply ask, when was the last time they can rfecall that the police actually were present when a crime happened?
Happens all the time. That's how traffic crimes and other moving violations take place.

Bersa.380

imported post

Sparky508 wrote:

+ 1