• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for someone to OC w/ in Green Bay

qball54208

imported post

I am relatively new to OCing, even though I have had a considerable amount of training. Don't get me wrong, I am comfortable carrying, it would be nice to OC with another OC'er.
It just feels a little "weird", I know I'm not the only one out there!
I do OC in my neighborhood while walking w/ my Wife and Daughter.
Also, when any of you carry, do you carry in "RED" or "AMBER" status?
Not to clear on that.
Thank you!

barronburke

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
I am relatively new to OCing, even though I have had a considerable amount of training. Don't get me wrong, I am comfortable carrying, it would be nice to OC with another OC'er.
Not to clear on that.
Thank you!
Depends on the situation for me. Some people carry condition 1 all the time. with my firearm there is no de-cocking lever and my xd is a single stage trigger so for my sake I carry in condition two loaded but not chambered unless I have a reason too like in a bad area or something like that. I'm sure there is sombody put there that will disagree and thats allright but it boils down to its your choice and something that you should feel comfortable with.

Jason in WI

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Not to clear on that.

I would prefer to carry in "Red" with one in the chamber, when I have one in it is cocked. Right now I carry "Amber" only because I have to transport everywhere I carry. I'm worried about bullet setback from constant rechambering and being the caliber I carry is 40 S&W it is very sensitive to over all length, especially with the 180grain bullets. Carry ammunition is also expensive and right now I'd rather invest in practice ammo instead of cycling through the good stuff. A big part of it for me is I don't really want to alarm people racking the slide in the parking lot. If I were able to go for walks and the like where I wouldn't have to load and unload constantly I would carry condition 1 for sure. I have schools all around me so walks are a no go armed. Oh, I also have a striker fired sidearm and a negligent or accidental discharge from the design doesn't worry me at all; I trust the built in safeties (grip safety is a big plus). I will sometime in the future carry condition 1 once I have settled into the whole carry routine.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Not to clear on that.
Thank you!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper#Combat_Mindset_-_The_Cooper_Color_Code

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper#Firearms_safety

Landose_theghost

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Not to clear on that.
Thank you!
I'm in, send PM with time and date, me,the wife,and my brother would be willing to meet up, we'd all be OC'n btw. Eitherway,lemme kno.

-Landose-

qball54208

imported post

I do not want to sound rude or krass, I do appreciate informative responses and positive feedback, however I am a firmly against "WIKI" postings.
Reasons being, no Institution would accept any student to use "WIKI" as a reliable citation. (Based on personal experience)
Solely for the reason is that it is unreliable on it's face.
Often times it has been proven to be wrong, based on that.
So, for me, I do not trust anything from "WIKI".

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
I do not want to sound rude or krass, I do appreciate informative responses and positive feedback, however I am a firmly against "WIKI" postings.
Reasons being, no Institution would accept any student to use "WIKI" as a reliable citation. (Based on personal experience)
Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting worldview.

Sorry, I did not consider you a student and I am not a student. I am quite capable of determining the validity of what I read and post. Will you so archly reject this Wiki,

qball54208 wrote:
Not to clear on that. Thank you!
I was trying to let you discover your potential confusion between a commonly used color-code terminology and a commonly used carry condition terminology. If you think that you are well read enough and well written enough to strike out on your own then by all means, "Carry on."

Personally, I learned TPA, Total Plant Awareness while directing the operation of nuclear power plants and before I met Col. Jeff Cooper. When I learned of his color conditions, it merely extended an observation already mine. That is the perfect relation between empiric and received knowledge.

I carry my CCW HK USPc .40 in Condition Two. I OC my SA1911 in Condition One, 'cocked and locked'.

So, "over and out." (I know that you know what that means).

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

qball54208 wrote:
I don't know who told you that. Wiki is an accredited encyclopedia as much as any technical college in Wisconsin is an accredited College.

The information on Wiki is confirmed before being posted.

While in college I relied on Wiki for many bits of information. All proved to be reliable and all were accepted by faculty.

imported post

The appropriate caution, I believe, about Wikis in general, is to not use them as a primary reference in an academic or technical work. If a student is reduced to use of a Wiki or, indeed, any online reference then failure is imminent due to insufficient and inadequate interest in the topic, effort and depth.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

I have a Taurus PRO 24/7 9mm and I carry it with a loaded clip but not one in the chamber, I also have the safety on. To go live, I'd have to pull from holster, flip safety down (pretty convenient) and pull the slide which will chamber the 1st round then it's off to the races for up to 17 rounds before I have to put another clip in.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
Just drop me an E-mail or Message when you have time to get out....