Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Ung

Post imported post

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=442504090187

Join the facebook group. Lets show our support. I'm sure everyone
    remembers this case. Let's not let it drop off our radar!
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Banned

Post imported post

I don't know the case. Please link a news article.

Post imported post

Yes please link a new article or type us a little story.

Banned

Post imported post

Preferably a news article. People seem to take poetic license on message boards when telling stories in which they have a stake.

Post imported post

This is a terrible incident, and charging someone who clearly acted in self defense is ridiculous.

I'm not sure about Virginia, here in MI he would have been able to defend himself and not be charged,hopefully anyways.

Hopefully the attacker is not completely ruined for life. And the defender is cleared.

Post imported post

So where you live, you can kill some one over a fist fight? I didn't see two guns.

I will watch clip again. nope didn't see two!,or a knife.:shock:

Post imported post

got to have guns wrote:
    So where you live, you can kill some one over a fist fight? I didn't see two guns.

Hell yes,

This was self defense. would you yourself have waited until they were all on you , taking your gun possibly using it on you.Then when they have caved your head in or shot you they start in on the young lady thataccompanied you. This man had a presence of mind and acted in an attempt to preserve life.This is a legal point that when proven will bolster his defense. He tried to retreat but his hand was forced by a group of thugs who if they are willing to press this confrontation with an armed man are capable of anything. Admit it you would have done the same thing or you would got the dog$#!+ kicked out of you.

Defensor out

Post imported post

I think I would have done the same after a couple warnings, 4 on 1, I would feel endangered and feel the right to defend myself.

Post imported post

got to have guns wrote:

There was an honor roll student in Chicago beaten to death by thugs who simply kicked him in the head. When are youantis going to learn everything in this world is a weapon if used properly, including your own body. I don't need a rope to strangle you, I can do that with my hands, my arm, my leg, or a combination of the three. I can headbutt your nose and drive it into your frontal lobe. I can stick any of my digits into your eye sockets and with enough pressure push through the bone into your brain. I can rip off your lower jaw and pull out your tonque. I can punch you in the temple until your skull fractures and sends shards of bone into your brain. That's just above your shoulders, do I need to go into anything lower?
    The point being, I don't know what kind of, if any, training you have or how far you want to take things. There is no such thing as a fair fight, that's a myth for school yard fights. There's a reason why guns were/are called the great equalizers, because anyone can use them and anyone can train long enough to be sufficient with them. If the person in that video had been a woman standing a whopping 5'2 at a hundred pounds would anyone question her actions with stupid garbage like "Did they have a gun? A knife?" No, they wouldn't, it would be ruled a clean shoot and that would be that. I'm fairly confident in my ability to fight, but I'm also wise enough to know there's always someone out there stronger and faster than you, and 4 on 1 could consist of 2, 3, or 4 of such individuals.

Four dudes on one are not looking for a fight, their intent is clear that they are trying to do physical harm to your person or worse and you are justified by law (in my state) to protect yourself as you deem necessary.

Post imported post

got to have guns wrote:

I don't see a fist fight I seea person being attacked!!
    A fight requires mutual combatants

If you don't think fist can kill (especially from multiple attackers) I ask that you submit to being the test case to prove your theory, I knowa fewpeople that are willing to deliver the blows.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

The right of self defense does not mean you can only defend yourself only if the attacker has a gun. The only good thing about that thought process is that the people who believe that way will not be around that long.

Banned

Post imported post

I do not see enough information to make a rational judgment as to the appropriateness of the shooting. If it was a mutual argument, and one party escalated punching to using a gun, then an investigation is in order.

It may well be determined that the shooting was warranted, that the shooter was only responding to a threat that he did not bring on through mutual combat. And, it may be determined that he either overreacted or was an instigator.

I don't know. There isn't enough information in the story or the video. But, that's why we have investigators and grand juries.

Post imported post

Disparityd*-spār'*-tē)
    n. pl. dis·par·i·ties

1. The condition or fact of being unequal, as in age, rank, or degree; difference:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Although there appeared to 4 people following the person with the gun, I only saw one charge at him. Knowing the nature of the argumentmight be helpfull.

Charging someone that has a gun doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. I wonder if alcohol was involved? I mean, it was 2:30 AM. Good chance some of the people involved had been drinking earlier.

Post imported post

I love how people now have the mentality of YOUR the bad guy if a group of ********** attacks you and you have to smoke the fools. I feel like if you go looking for a fight and you get yourself killed no matter what the situation was its your own stupid fault!

Banned

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Although there appeared to 4 people following the person with the gun, I only saw one charge at him. Knowing the nature of the argumentmight be helpfull.

Charging someone that has a gun doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. I wonder if alcohol was involved? I mean, it was 2:30 AM. Good chance some of the people involved had been drinking earlier.
    Precisely. Facts are sparse here, yet people are lining up on one side of the issue or the other.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

44HP wrote:
    I love how people now have the mentality of YOUR the bad guy if a group of ********** attacks you and you have to smoke the fools. I feel like if you go looking for a fight and you get yourself killed no matter what the situation was its your own stupid fault!
    Who has sucn a mentality? Just because some of us want more evidence to consider before we pass a verdict about who is at fault here? I've not taken sides in this incident and won't until I know more about what went on before shots were fired.

The video doesn't tell the whole story.

Post imported post

Lets see, 4 guys following 1 guy and a female as they're walking away... looks like to me they asked for it. Its pretty obvious they are following them.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

44HP wrote:
    Lets see, 4 guys following 1 guy and a female as they're walking away... looks like to me they asked for it. Its pretty obvious they are following them.
    So, by your logic, if a group of say a dozen Girl Scouts start following me and taunt me, I'd be justified in drawing my weapon on them? I think not.

We don't know for sure what started this altercation; the details are very vague. We don't know what the verbal exchange was about or who was saying what to whom. These details are important in figuring out how this esculated to drawing a gun.

I'm reserving judgment until I get more tetails. I won't be a party to a kangaroo court.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    44HP wrote:
    So, by your logic, if a group of say a dozen Girl Scouts start following me and taunt me, I'd be justified in drawing my weapon on them? I think not.

We don't know for sure what started this altercation; the details are very vague. We don't know what the verbal exchange was about or who was saying what to whom. These details are important in figuring out how this esculated to drawing a gun.

I'm reserving judgment until I get more tetails. I won't be a party to a kangaroo court.
    Girl scouts and grown men are two diffrent things.

It really doesn't matter what who was saying what to whom, the police will look at who the aggressor is and who was trying to leave the situation. You can stand and instigate any fight and as long as you don't lay a hand on someone nothing will happen to you, they will go to jail if they touch you. Even if you are the one taunting.

I see what your trying to say though. I never said if he was justified or not by pulling his weapon, just that if you go looking for a fight with someone and get your ass killed its your own stupid fault.

Post imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
    Disparity: (d*-spār'*-tē) n. pl. dis·par·i·ties

1. The condition or fact of being unequal, as in age, rank, or degree; difference:
    See also: Life
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

If they follow you into the mens room, then yes you must use every means available.
    You are looking at child molestation, contributing, etc. Shoot your way out of there
    asap.:shock: One jewel thief is all it takes to make you helpless, if they take your gun
    you will not be shooting straight with your pistol. :?

The other 3 should have thought to pull there friend away so he doesn't
    do something stupid. If you want to stand up against loon with a gun because
    he insulted your parental heritage, then he was probably correct in his assessment
    in the first place.

Post imported post

Just off the video have to agree with Ung. Don't know what else happened before but as I said just off video. He is leaving and being followed. Even after he draws he is backing up and the man moves in. His buddy is circling around the group which cuts off escape. Given the same situation I would probably be in the same boat.

Once again it appears to be one of those things where depending on the jury and the lawyers it could go either way.

I have been jumped by multiple people back in school (lots of gangs and jock A$$holes at my school) The gang fight one guy recognized me and said I was not the guy they were looking for and pulled them off me and the other one I had one guy on the ground arms pinned to his sides punching his head before buddies had a chance to join so they backed up when they saw how quick I took him down (wrestling team freshman year of high school. Had to practice against MMA fighter Dan Henderson).

As much as I believe in the 2A I regret any time where someone has to make the choice to have to use it.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

This is an interesting case - apparently PA law requires some effort to retreat in public before using deadly force - my understanding is that in Virginia for example, which issued the man his CHP, no effort to retreat is requiredexcept where you were an instigator to the altercation - but the newspaper articles note something about the Defendant first "bumping" one or more of the people involved.

I have a feeling this case may not be resolved until these details are hashed out before a grand jury and/or trial jury.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast