• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gerald Ung

eye95

imported post

Preferably a news article. People seem to take poetic license on message boards when telling stories in which they have a stake.

BreakingTheMold

imported post

This is a terrible incident, and charging someone who clearly acted in self defense is ridiculous.

I'm not sure about Virginia, here in MI he would have been able to defend himself and not be charged,hopefully anyways.

Hopefully the attacker is not completely ruined for life. And the defender is cleared.

DEFENSOR

imported post

got to have guns wrote:
So where you live, you can kill some one over a fist fight? I didn't see two guns.

I will watch clip again. nope didn't see two!,or a knife.:shock:

Hell yes,

This was self defense. would you yourself have waited until they were all on you , taking your gun possibly using it on you.Then when they have caved your head in or shot you they start in on the young lady thataccompanied you. This man had a presence of mind and acted in an attempt to preserve life.This is a legal point that when proven will bolster his defense. He tried to retreat but his hand was forced by a group of thugs who if they are willing to press this confrontation with an armed man are capable of anything. Admit it you would have done the same thing or you would got the dog$#!+ kicked out of you.

Defensor out

younggun20

imported post

I think I would have done the same after a couple warnings, 4 on 1, I would feel endangered and feel the right to defend myself.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

got to have guns wrote:
So where you live, you can kill some one over a fist fight? I didn't see two guns.

There was an honor roll student in Chicago beaten to death by thugs who simply kicked him in the head. When are youantis going to learn everything in this world is a weapon if used properly, including your own body. I don't need a rope to strangle you, I can do that with my hands, my arm, my leg, or a combination of the three. I can headbutt your nose and drive it into your frontal lobe. I can stick any of my digits into your eye sockets and with enough pressure push through the bone into your brain. I can rip off your lower jaw and pull out your tonque. I can punch you in the temple until your skull fractures and sends shards of bone into your brain. That's just above your shoulders, do I need to go into anything lower?
The point being, I don't know what kind of, if any, training you have or how far you want to take things. There is no such thing as a fair fight, that's a myth for school yard fights. There's a reason why guns were/are called the great equalizers, because anyone can use them and anyone can train long enough to be sufficient with them. If the person in that video had been a woman standing a whopping 5'2 at a hundred pounds would anyone question her actions with stupid garbage like "Did they have a gun? A knife?" No, they wouldn't, it would be ruled a clean shoot and that would be that. I'm fairly confident in my ability to fight, but I'm also wise enough to know there's always someone out there stronger and faster than you, and 4 on 1 could consist of 2, 3, or 4 of such individuals.

Four dudes on one are not looking for a fight, their intent is clear that they are trying to do physical harm to your person or worse and you are justified by law (in my state) to protect yourself as you deem necessary.

Marco

imported post

got to have guns wrote:

I don't see a fist fight I seea person being attacked!!
A fight requires mutual combatants:exclaim::banghead:

If you don't think fist can kill (especially from multiple attackers) I ask that you submit to being the test case to prove your theory, I knowa fewpeople that are willing to deliver the blows.

SemperFiTexan

imported post

The right of self defense does not mean you can only defend yourself only if the attacker has a gun. The only good thing about that thought process is that the people who believe that way will not be around that long.

eye95

imported post

I do not see enough information to make a rational judgment as to the appropriateness of the shooting. If it was a mutual argument, and one party escalated punching to using a gun, then an investigation is in order.

It may well be determined that the shooting was warranted, that the shooter was only responding to a threat that he did not bring on through mutual combat. And, it may be determined that he either overreacted or was an instigator.

I don't know. There isn't enough information in the story or the video. But, that's why we have investigators and grand juries.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Although there appeared to 4 people following the person with the gun, I only saw one charge at him. Knowing the nature of the argumentmight be helpfull.

Charging someone that has a gun doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. I wonder if alcohol was involved? I mean, it was 2:30 AM. Good chance some of the people involved had been drinking earlier.

44HP

imported post

I love how people now have the mentality of YOUR the bad guy if a group of douchebags attacks you and you have to smoke the fools. I feel like if you go looking for a fight and you get yourself killed no matter what the situation was its your own stupid fault!

eye95

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Although there appeared to 4 people following the person with the gun, I only saw one charge at him. Knowing the nature of the argumentmight be helpfull.

Charging someone that has a gun doesn't seem to be the brightest thing to do. I wonder if alcohol was involved? I mean, it was 2:30 AM. Good chance some of the people involved had been drinking earlier.

Precisely. Facts are sparse here, yet people are lining up on one side of the issue or the other.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

44HP wrote:
I love how people now have the mentality of YOUR the bad guy if a group of douchebags attacks you and you have to smoke the fools. I feel like if you go looking for a fight and you get yourself killed no matter what the situation was its your own stupid fault!

Who has sucn a mentality? Just because some of us want more evidence to consider before we pass a verdict about who is at fault here? I've not taken sides in this incident and won't until I know more about what went on before shots were fired.

The video doesn't tell the whole story.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

44HP wrote:
Lets see, 4 guys following 1 guy and a female as they're walking away... looks like to me they asked for it. Its pretty obvious they are following them.

So, by your logic, if a group of say a dozen Girl Scouts start following me and taunt me, I'd be justified in drawing my weapon on them? I think not.

We don't know for sure what started this altercation; the details are very vague. We don't know what the verbal exchange was about or who was saying what to whom. These details are important in figuring out how this esculated to drawing a gun.

I'm reserving judgment until I get more tetails. I won't be a party to a kangaroo court.