• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just something to make you smile

yo101jimmy

imported post

Things that I found helpful by living this long. [align=center]The purpose of fighting is to win.

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2.. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink.

3. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?'
The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.
'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?''No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

7. Beware the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

But wait, there's more!

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did.
She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, of course it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, "No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too". [/align] [align=center]
[/align]

yo101jimmy

imported post

this part here reminds me of my mom lol something she would have said to Lehi PD

I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did.She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, of course it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, "No, not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too".

yo101jimmy

imported post

[font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"][size=A Lay-off letter from an excellent boss.
]
[/font][/size][font="Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"][size=

[b] Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack]
Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change...... I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

THE BOSS[/b][/size][/font]

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:

The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

That means that the brain (intellect) is more important (and effective) than the sword.

I think that's pretty right on.

We see plenty o' people have big swords and little brains.

Better the other way round.

yo101jimmy

imported post

HankT wrote:
yo101jimmy wrote:

That means that the brain (intellect) is more important (and effective) than the sword.

Agreed

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
HankT wrote:
yo101jimmy wrote:

Agreed
I've noted an absence of this concept at the range, but it is prominent at the track:

"High performance bike, low performance rider." The combination usually involves an ambulance and a cheap bike for sale.